Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

1 minute ago, gooner4life said:

The best thing to do would be to stock up on gold on a new account, set your xbox as your 'home' xbox, convert that to Ultimate for £1 and then you can still play the games on your main account, just let the sub lapse, ultimate and gold and the benefits are shared.

This is the bit that's confusing me as I have an account that I've had since the 360 days and just finished the one month trial that came with the x.  I'm assuming that I can get 2 or 3 gold accounts at £40 and then do the £1.00 trick even though I've just had the trial?  Just don't want to get stuck with 2 lots of gold atm.

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Why would you do that when you can stream direct from your xbox on PC? or is this just for xcloud and is xcloud not coming to PC?

Just like with Steam Link, for some technical reason (I'm sure someone can explain) a dedicated streaming service like Stadia or XCloud gives far better results than local streaming.

3 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Why would you do that when you can stream direct from your xbox on PC? or is this just for xcloud and is xcloud not coming to PC?

Just for Xcloud so I can stream any games not available on PC gamepass.

There are rumours of it coming to PC but nothing concrete yet.

Can anyone confirm if any Bluetooth controller will work with gamepass streaming?

I'm looking for something to tide me over to play streets of rage 4 and a couple other games until my XSX appears. I don't really want to pay 50 quid for a new controller when a cheap £15 controller from eBay will do the job. 

3 hours ago, davidcotton said:

This is the bit that's confusing me as I have an account that I've had since the 360 days and just finished the one month trial that came with the x.  I'm assuming that I can get 2 or 3 gold accounts at £40 and then do the £1.00 trick even though I've just had the trial?  Just don't want to get stuck with 2 lots of gold atm.

I already used the £1 trick some time ago. 

Today I stacked 2 years and rather than a pound I had to pay £10.99 once. Still works fine. 

1 minute ago, Ry said:

Can anyone confirm if any Bluetooth controller will work with gamepass streaming?

I'm looking for something to tide me over to play streets of rage 4 and a couple other games until my XSX appears. I don't really want to pay 50 quid for a new controller when a cheap £15 controller from eBay will do the job. 

Not all work unfortunately.  My Gamesir won't work on it but a Saitake clip on one I had did.  Some work with xinput and some only in switch mode so it's really best to get something you know will work.

I have ordered the new 8bitdo Xbox, licenced pad to replace my standard Xbox pad and clip

Just now, dfq23 said:

Not all work unfortunately.  My Gamesir won't work on it but a Saitake clip on one I had did.  Some work with xinput and some only in switch mode so it's really best to get something you know will work.

I have ordered the new 8bitdo Xbox, licenced pad to replace my standard Xbox pad and clip

Does the 8bid one have a clip with it?

10 hours ago, cultofweaver said:

It got lost in the launch madness, MEGATON Gaf meltdown cycle, but MS announced a further bunch of games for this month.

Halo 3: ODST

Has Halo 3: ODST not been on there for a good while (or was I perhaps thinking of the MC collection)?? 

57 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

Is it this one? This would do the job. 

Screenshot_20200925-205016.png

10 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I only just realised that this was on PC as well and fuck me, this is a bit of a gamechanger isn't it! And highly likely to push me towards getting a new X-Box to replace my aging 360.

Yeah, if you have an even remotely gaming spec PC too it's incredible, so many titles you can play natively.

1 hour ago, dfq23 said:

It was one of these but I assume internals likely the same. Only sold it as phone slightly to big for it

Upgraded-Saitake-7007F-Wireless-Bluetooth-Game-Controller-Telescopic-Gamepad-Joystick-for-Samsung-Xiaomi-Huawei-Android-Phone.jpg_960x960.jpg

How big is your phone? I have a motog7 power and it just seems to fit the specs for this (6.3 inch)

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, if you have an even remotely gaming spec PC too it's incredible, so many titles you can play natively.

Part of the reason I'd been ignoring this has been because the windows shop and games for windows live was just such a shit show. Getting back into it they've improved things beyond recognition. Up there with Steam and better than the Epic store in how it all functions from the user end.

I subscribed to pc game pass yesterday for a quid to plat halo reach but once subscribed all it offered me was just over a pound off the price, I thought these games were included? I ended up cancelling and buying it from steam instead. Then my laptop didn’t really like it which was annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Minion said:

I subscribed to pc game pass yesterday for a quid to plat halo reach but once subscribed all it offered me was just over a pound off the price, I thought these games were included? I ended up cancelling and buying it from steam instead. Then my laptop didn’t really like it which was annoying. 

You tried to download through the Xbox game pass app? 

26 minutes ago, Minion said:

Erm maybe, I definitely had to download an app, is that what I did wrong? 

You can play all the gamepass games for free or buy them at a special discount to own for real. If you were looking at a store page which displayed a price, you were definitely looking at the wrong thing.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You can play all the gamepass games for free or buy them at a special discount to own for real. If you were looking at a store page which displayed a price, you were definitely looking at the wrong thing.

Damn I'm stupid, thanks for explaining.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

You need to download the Master Chief Collection - Halo Reach is included in there.

The Master Chief Collection is the launcher, you download that then within that you can download each game one by one.

You didn't need to buy it from Steam...

9 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Part of the reason I'd been ignoring this has been because the windows shop and games for windows live was just such a shit show. Getting back into it they've improved things beyond recognition. Up there with Steam and better than the Epic store in how it all functions from the user end.

I've not noticed a difference tbh.

But I just use the GamePass app for Gamepass games and that's fine.

On 26/09/2020 at 16:54, Minion said:

I had the same problem when I signed up, was going to cancel but half an hour later it changed from buy to install. Just needed some time to process I guess.