IGNORED

Do your other halves game ?

CovisGod

My wife has zero interest at all in gaming but know its my total passion and hobby and is quite happy for me to play as much as I want within reason. She'll watch the odd bit and ask who I'm playing with (probably out of kindness!) but just doesn't want to herself. Fair enough I say.

My wife does the usual Android puzzlers, and Pokemon. I bought her Moon for Valentine's date and gave her my Pikachu nipples 3DS XL to play it on. She's about 25 hours in already.

I don't dare suggest she tries something else!

She plays PoGo as well.

She's currently about 100 hours into Fallout 4. We've been split screening the Halo games too. Basically, yes.

Early Battlefield 4 days was great, I'd sit and play online with the guys as a squad, and she's be sat next to me on the sofa with the iPad and the Commander App logged into our match dropping supplies and giving orders. It was great.

I discovered on the weekend that my wife considers the family PS4 to actually be hers.

She generally plays third person action adventures and a tonne of iOS games. She also does an excellent "What are you buying?" impression of the Merchant from RE4.

Not really. She gets a nostalgic kick out of Super Mario Bros and would rather like a NES Mini if she could ever get one. In her youth she played more often - Tomb Raider and Die Hard Trilogy on the PS1 appear to be favourites. She does have an Xbox 360 that her sister was otherwise chucking, but uses it only as a DVD player. I gave her a copy of Tomb Raider Anniversary but she tells me she can't get on with the controls. There's probably plenty of modern fare she'd quite enjoy, but she doesn't have any interest, and it doesn't bother me.

However, she has played Rasternauts of her own volition, and made it all the way to the World 1 boss which I think puts her in the top 0.1% of anyone who owns it. So, :wub:.

The wife plays no games. I'm happy with that otherwise I'd forever being  playing local multiplayer instead of delving into Nioh and the like.

She once mentioned that she played Feud on the spectrum. I forever drag that out on emulators for my own amusement. She thinks me a cock.

Nope!

Unless you count the thousands of hours she has put in to candy crush and similar games but you don't count them as they're 'not games like your silly stuff'

Seriously, they should put time played counters in there as it would make my destiny hours could look small!

Same for Just Dance 'fun excercise' not games...

My partner loves Blizzard games, her favourite is Overwatch and she's play that once every couple of days.

She loves watching me play narrative or rpg games and recently bought me Final Fantasy 15 just so she could watch me play it. She fell in love with Dragon Age watching me play it and she's now played through it herself multiple times clocking up about 600 hours!

In general no

In fact the vast majority of the time she loathes games - to the extent she is more than a little unhappy with our kids increasing interest in things (which of course I have not shamelessly encouraged).

But she does love Zelda - we played OoT to conclusion together a few years after release and she still shows an interest whenever a new one emerges..

My Ex didn't really enjoy games other than the odd game of Mario Kart. She had an affair and obviously we split. 

My current partner who I'm due to marry next year loves games! It's one of the reasons I actually proposed :)

We play loads of different stuff. When we have our own nights she likes to play Theme Hospital or something like Stardew Valley. We have our retro nights at weekend drinking playing games such as Puzzle Fighter, Bomberman, Puzzle Bobble etc.

When not playing retro we've finished all the Uncharted series, Last of Us, GTAV, Forza 5 and 6 I could go on and on. She's perfect!  

My girlfriend likes games. First time she came round my house, I showed her Animal Crossing on the DS, and she bought her own DS Lite and copy of the game not long after. She has mostly played Nintendo systems since, and likes the Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Picross and Paper Mario games series most of all. (I got her an NTSC GameCube originally just to play Animal Crossing and Paper Mario 2.) She's a big fan of the 3DS: Last year we started playing though all the Pokemon games for the 3DS, after she became temporarily addicted to Pokemon Go and wanted to try the main adventures (I played Y, Omega Ruby and Sun, she played X, Alpha Sapphire and Moon). She's also tried a bit of  retrogaming along the way; most recently she sampled all of the games in my Super Famicom collection. Perhaps inevitably, Yoshi's Cookie and Super Tetris 3 were her favourites.

My wife doesn't game that much. In the early days she enjoyed completely LA Noire and Fable 3, as well as watching the odd game I played but that was whilst we were in Uni. In terms of PC though she gets hooked on The Sims, Theme Hospital, Rollercoaster Tycoon etc, but again this in waves of months going without and then playing it every night. She gets more addicted to any consumable than I do.

I'm kinda glad though as it is my escapism and I think if we both games lots then it'd be a dull relationship. She often says to me to go play PS4 when I haven't had much time in the week which is good and she understands my habit, though it is one that is waning as I get older.

Hates it. Hates it, and thinks it's a waste of time:(

As such, I get very limited time to game, especially now we have 2 kids and a house + garden to look after, and it's mainly because it's not seen as having value. I tell her it's been a massive part of moulding the gentle soul she married, but that doesn't seem to breach the preconception.

I do sometimes imagine the fun we'd have if she'd have a go, and what a magic world it opens up. She quite enjoys stuff like GoT and LotR and we play a few mainstream traditional/board games (including Catan a few times), but she never gets into anything in a nerdy, consuming way. 

She thinks I should go and join the tennis club or something. I've told her I'm English and this Is Australia, but she doesn't quite understand how truly painful and embarrassing it would be – the worst player in the club would probably be the best bloody player in England! No ta.

My girlfriend said was the classic "used to play when I was a kid" type. Fond memories of Rayman and Crash on PS1 but no current interest in anything. 

I've bought girlfriends and family games before based on nostalgia (my dad's SP with MKSS and Tetris DX sits gathering dust despite him loving them when I was a kid). So when I bought her a digital copy of Rayman, I didn't really expect her to play it for more than an hour.

She fucking destroyed it. Spent weeks clearing the entire bastard thing to 100% even though it's a punishing nightmare. That got me super excited.

Since then she's played Escape from Monkey Island, a lot of Drop 7, Race the Sun, Shovel Knight and a few others. She loves horror so we played Outlast and Resi 7 with a friend of ours. She utterly loves Bloodborne and Mario Maker, to the point she'd rather watch me play them than watch TV. She doesn't like the way Mario handles, so she can't play that herself, but I figured I'd suggest she tried out Bloodborne herself, even though that rarely goes well.

She fucking destroyed it. All bosses except MP beaten (and as her guide it's my fault she missed that). Beat the final Boss first time. Finished the DLC and beat the hardest bosses in the game. She's awesome at it.

I'm trying to get her to play Dark Souls at the moment. I'm picturing co-op but she soloed the entire of Bloodborne, flatly refusing my help so I doubt this will be any different :wub: 

The One plays the Sims and that's about it. I tried to convert her with Last Guardian and I forced her to name one of our dogs Zelda, so she is open to watching me play Zelda at least...

Have organised a couple of Switch parties to drum up interest..

I make a point of telling girls when I first meet them how much i love and play video games. I will not change.