rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
CovisGod

Do your other halves game ?

Out of curiosity, how many of you have a partner that's in to gaming ? My Mrs is the sort that thinks games are for children and her "gaming" isn't much more than the odd iOS game on her phone.

I can only imagine what it's like to be in a relationship where by your partner is as into gaming as much as you are. My gaming time is fairly limited to when my Mrs is out / busy, do you generally have understanding partners that let you play regularly without much moaning ?

My brother in law and his Girlfriend are as into gaming as each other, they often go off to Games conventions together and spent most nights in gaming together.....is this fairly normal or are they very much a one off ?

So that's my question to you all today, how do you're respective partners feel about your gaming ? Do they they play too ? And more importantly are any of your partners better than you ? 

• Upvote 2

Nope :omg:

She hates it!

Cue my username getting mentioned at me at least 6 to 8 times a year.

Bless her she does put up with it though?

What we doing this evening? Oh! I've got a Destiny raid attempt with some people from rllmuk.

What we doing at the weekend? Boy's are coming round it's the beginning of the month & it's my turn for poker & video games.

Why have you booked off the 23rd March? Mass Effect is being released so I'm going to play that all day.

:wub: her to bits. 

• Upvote 9

I know a couple who are massively into their gaming. They have two tvs,  2 ps4, 2 xbone and spend most nights playing battlefield or something. Hardly ever see them mind.

Nope, she'll play iOS games and some Bejeweled and that is it. Apart from Tetris on the GameBoy, but won't entertain the idea of Puyo Pluto Tetris which is annoying.

However she knows it is something I love so doesn't stop me or try to discourage me from gaming. Which is nice. 

Sadly my mrs isn't into it either, she doesn't even dare try any games! If I don't watch her or if she finds the right minigame to play then that's not too bad. Overall though she's pretty good when it comes to me playing stuff. If she doesn't see me playing anything she'd often ask me why I'm not playing, so I can't complain.

Just Tetris on GB, she gets the hump with all my other gaming stuff.

Thought I'd piss her off the other day by beating her Tetris score. Only ended up pissing myself off as I consistently got nowhere near her 300k+ score <_<

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Your going to have to take a look at the title. 

Done, I'm blaming auto-correct / tiredness / Brexit / Trump

Take your pick.

• Upvote 1

Not really. She played quite a bit of Mario Kart when we first started seeing each other and she'll occasionally get hooked on game on her phone or tablet but isn't a regular gamer. She's isn't at all bothered by my gaming time & expenditure though, and our tastes and interests are converging after 11 years together so there's hope yet.

My most significant ex used to play Square RPGs to ridiculous degrees, she used to roll over the clocks on PS1 memory cards.

Just now, Spainkiller said:

fixes the grammatical error yet leaves the space before the question mark lol

Thats not changing, I addressed it in another thread. Done it for years, I'm not changing now, the world will have to accept it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CovisGod said:

Thats not changing, I addressed it in another thread. Done it for years, I'm not changing now, the world will have to accept it.

you special fucking snowflake you

bless

• Upvote 2

Less and less these days.  Past highlights were two-TV co-op sessions on Rainbow Six, Left 4 Dead and EDF and hilarious Puyo Puyo matches. 

My wife drifts in and out of playing games. She has her own PS4 and in the past couple of years we've played a lot of DC Universe Online and The Division together. She was also really into Gone Home and The Telltale Batman game. 

My better half plays the usual iOS puzzle games. 

I lost interest in gaming several years ago but trying to convince myself that a Nintendo switch would reverse that decision. 

• Upvote 1

She liked DS Zoo Keeper and was impressed with the Vive for half an hour, but other than that it's generally a flat nope. Boo. I may peddle Gone Home and Her Story and see how that goes.

She doesn't play games at all, no. I play most nights at some point or other too. She doesn't mind. 

She asks ever now and then if I wished she played games and to be honest I'm glad she doesn't. It's my thing, my escspe and I like it that way.