Hollow Knight - Soulsvania platformer

Radiant

Spoiler

So what charms did you all use to beat this fucker?

First I went with quick slash, unbreakable Strength, unbreakable heart, the Lifeblood Core and just spammed the Hollow Knight but then found that this was all a bit useless on the Radiance.

Learned HK's attacks a bit better and used Unbreakable Strength and Heart, Mark of Pride and Shaman Stone and spammed Abyss Shriek on the Radiance like it was going out of fashion and got to a stage where there were spikes in both sides and I was stuck in the middle trying to dodge swords falling from above. 

The wiki tells me this was phase 3 of 5. Lol. 

On 08/09/2020 at 01:01, Talvalin said:

So much left to see!

Hide contents

If she's beaten the Hollow Knight, then she should be able to beat most of the Warrior Graves fights without too much trouble (the first and possibly easiest is in the Resting Grounds at the bottom near where the three statues of the Dreamers are. There's a ghost you can listen to and then you'll get a prompt to challenge it. After you beat it you can buy a map thing that marks the others out.

Which bosses did she beat in the end? There's quite a few optional bosses that you can go back and attempt, plus you can try upgrading your Nail fully to help you out 

She’s beaten loads of bosses, not sure which are on the essential path. Killed that ghost in the resting grounds but no option to buy a map and now he’s gone? 

On 08/09/2020 at 14:41, Talvalin said:

Radiant

Reveal hidden contents

So what charms did you all use to beat this fucker?

First I went with quick slash, unbreakable Strength, unbreakable heart, the Lifeblood Core and just spammed the Hollow Knight but then found that this was all a bit useless on the Radiance.

Learned HK's attacks a bit better and used Unbreakable Strength and Heart, Mark of Pride and Shaman Stone and spammed Abyss Shriek on the Radiance like it was going out of fashion and got to a stage where there were spikes in both sides and I was stuck in the middle trying to dodge swords falling from above. 

The wiki tells me this was phase 3 of 5. Lol. 

I feel ya:

I've been moaning about Radiant in this thread for months and still can't beat it, I can get to phase 4 or 5 but even that's a struggle.

Charmwise I am still missing one or two but I tend to go with some combo of these:

- Recieve soul from taking damage

- Recieve more soul from hitting enemies

- shield when healing

- small nail swing increase

- fluke minions

- increased spell damage

- spells cost less

- faster healing

- more invincibility after taking damage

I don't find the nail range to be super useful, once you get past Hollow Knight, which I can do pretty easily now, Radiant's pretty easy to hit. I've found flukes to be good for passive damage  (they especially make Hollow Knight much faster to beat) - and otherwise I just try to maximise my survivability and soul through charms. I like using abyss shriek as well, but often you need soul for healing so normally I'm just getting as many slashes in as possible. 

General tips for Radiance:

- you get quite generous windows for healing between attack phases so take advantage, and if you have the shield whilst healing charm, you can get cheeky extra heals in (if you get hit, all you lose is soul). 

- for the homing glowy orb attack, i find it best to lure them to one side and jump over and towards them so they hit the floor

- don't try and heal in the horizontal spikes phases, there are almost always low spikes which will screw you

- sometimes just surviving is ok in the 2nd phase (spikes on the floor), wait for an opportunity rather than end up over the spikes from getting greedy, its a good recipe for taking 2 or 3 hits in a row and dying

- For Hollow Knight dont be too afraid to spend lots of health and soul on him to finish him faster, because your health refills for Radiance and you can get plenty of soul from just the last parts of Hollow Knight, you can even get a few cheeky hits in whilst Hornet has him tethered before you teleport to Radiance, but dont be greedy or you'll just get the bad ending :)

Keen to hear how you get on and anything you find success with. I'm still chasing after more soul and mask shards and the final elusive charms to hopefully give me an edge against Radiance. I just have got so sick of grinding him again and again without progress especially as you have to fight Hollow Knight every... damn... time.

6 hours ago, Broker said:

She’s beaten loads of bosses, not sure which are on the essential path. Killed that ghost in the resting grounds but no option to buy a map and now he’s gone? 

Did she do the Whispering Tree that was just outside from the Seer's hut? If so, you can buy markers for both the trees and the graves from the shop in Dirtmouth.

Void beats Light

Spoiler

The Radiance

Nightmare King Grimm

White Defender

Grey Prince Zote

Trial of the Fool

Pantheon of the Master

Pantheon of the Sage

Pantheon of the Artist

Pantheon of the Knight

Pantheon of Hallownest

And the Radiance is down! 

After getting to phase 4 a free times with bugger all health, I was on a hiding to nothing plus I kept chasing after it when staying out on the lowest central platform meant that I could generally avoid most attacks. 

So basically I worked on getting to that phase with as much health as possible then being patient (spamming Abyss Shriek as much as possible at the very beginning then getting Nail hits in when possible). When I got to the final phase, I knew it was a one hit and done and I managed it first time. Woo!

Charms used:

Unbreakable Strength

Shaman Stone

Unbreakable Heart

Lifeblood Core

What next? The White Defender, the Trial of the Fool or have a go at the Pantheons?

EDIT: Had a crack at the Pantheons. Got to the boss of the Pantheon of the Master first go but got battered so practiced a couple of times then beat the Pantheon on my second attempt.

107% completion

61 hrs (ish)

Pantheon schmantheon

Spoiler

Nightmare King Grimm

White Defender

Grey Prince Zote

Trial of the Fool

Pantheon of the Artist

Pantheon of the Sage

Pantheon of the Knight

Pantheon of Hallownest

By luck, some tanking and the fact that I'd done some of these bosses recently in the game, I managed to beat the Pantheon of the Sage on my first attempt.

I was doing okay on the Partnering of the Sage until I met the God Tamer for the first time (since I haven't beaten the Trial of the Fool yet). I've now practiced and can beat the boss but Grimm is next before the bench, so I think I'll practice him a free times and try and beat him properly instead of the Abyss Shriek tank method.

I generally like Metroidvanias (the scant few that I've played anyway!) but there's something about this one that has really captured my imagination. The design, art style, music and sheer depth of gameplay and content is like nothing else I've seen in this genre and I can't stop playing it.

I just hope that I don't burn out on it completely before Silksong comes out as that would be a terrible shame. At any rate, I think I've gotten more than enough hours out of this game for the price (a tenner!) that I'll be buying Silksong full price. 

I've bought Hollow Knight three times because it seems so criminally cheap for the amount of content in the game and how much I enjoyed it. It's definitely up there for one of the best value games ever. 

38 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I was enjoying this, but I seem to have hit a wall at the Brooding Malek Boss. YouTube videos make it look so easy but I last about two seconds :(

It’s not essential and the reward isn’t anything great, so it’s safe to leave it until you’ve upgraded your nail and got some more spells. 

Pantheon of the Sage progress

Spoiler

Not beating Grey Prince Zote in the main game has turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it means he doesn't show up in this Pantheon, nor the final all-bosses-all-the-time fifth Pantheon.

After flailing through the Uumuu variant with half health and no Soul (in this fight, there's no Quirrel to pop the shield. Instead those large floating enemies from Fog Canyon drift up and you have to launch them into Uumuu without getting caught in the explosion. I was mostly unsuccessful), Hornet Sentinel did for me. 

Since I managed to get to Uumuu with full health, if I practice that fight a bit more and Hornet Sentinel (you have to hit the Hornet Protector statue in the Hall of Gods to switch to the Sentinel variant. Lolwut) then I should be able to get to the boss of the Pantheon who can be tanked, which is my go-to tactic when faced with a new boss. You know, instead of watching and trying to learn attack patterns, I basically do what Zote does, just with more health and a better Nail. 8-)

The fourth Pantheon is going to be nails though, since it seems to be all the Dream Bosses and boss variants and I scraped through every single one of those (minus the White Defender). That said, it was exactly the same for Grimm, but I can now beat him confidently without losing much health now so it's just a matter of practice.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

It’s not essential and the reward isn’t anything great, so it’s safe to leave it until you’ve upgraded your nail and got some more spells. 

Oh cool, thanks. I thought it was the only path open to me, but I guess the critical path lies elsewhere...

Slight wall encountered

Spoiler

After some practice, I can consistently get through all of the bosses up to Hornet Protector (we'll pretend that time with the Collector didn't happen) but I just find it difficult to get through her to Nailsage Sly with sufficient health to make a decent go of it. Every time I've made it through, I've been on half-health and I never seem to be able to get to the second phase of the Sly fight, which is something I can usually manage in practice with Sly.

The second phase is a bit nuts though. Even with Longnail it's difficult to get a counter-attack in, so it's either giving up Grubsong to get Mark of Pride for the extra reach (and not getting hit so much by previous bosses leading up to Sly), or trying to get to the second phase with enough health that you can tank the attacks and kill him quickly. 

I'm tempted to try Hornet on Ascended difficulty (each attack does 2 damage) because if I can survive that, then when she's only doing 1 damage then I should be fine. Anyway, I still maintain it's do-able as I can beat Hornet and Sly in practice, so it's just a matter of keeping my calm to beat them consecutively. :) 

Pantheon of the Sage done!

Spoiler

Nightmare King Grimm

White Defender

Grey Prince Zote

Trial of the Fool

Pantheon of the Sage

Pantheon of the Knight

Pantheon of Hallownest

So after all that chat about practice in the Hall of Gods, I just went at it a few more times, getting to Hornet Sentinel with full health each time, then getting to Sly with half of my health and succumbing due to panic more than anything. The worst one being where I went from full health to half health on Hornet when she only needed a couple more hits, due to all of those blasted spikes she throws up in the air that seem to blend in with the background.

On my final go, again I go through to Sly with half health and didn't fancy my changes, but made a note not to panic heal (Sly can basically cross the entire arena with a lot of his attack, and his Nail has incredible reach) and managed to get to his second phase with 3/4 of my health (7 or 8 masks). Given that this was only something I'd managed in the past by tanking hits and spamming Abyss Shriek, I didn't fancy my chances and I took a couple of hits at the start. But! I finally worked out the timing required to dodge his spinning attack (in fact, the only attack he uses in this phase) and get back into range for a counter-attack, landed some hits without damage, then fucked it all up, lost all but one mask of health and then got a last hit in and won! Take that you Geo-hoarding secretive Great Nailsage bastard!

Now comes the hard part. The Pantheon of the Knight and then if I'm feeling really masochistic, the Pantheon of Hallownest.

Actually, now that I've beaten the God Tamer in the Pantheon of the Sage, I think I'm going to give the Trial of the Fool another go. If I can get through that section with all the Mantis enemies without losing too much health, then I might have a better chance against all the Soul Twisters that show up. 

Haven’t played in a week or so, fired it up today and went to find Godhome, get Unbreakable Greed then went to face Hollow Knight himself. 

Spoiler

Beat him first time.  Got the ending where my little guy gets strung up in chains and sealed in the temple. 

102% completion 

On 09/09/2020 at 23:58, Talvalin said:

Did she do the Whispering Tree that was just outside from the Seer's hut? If so, you can buy markers for both the trees and the graves from the shop in Dirtmouth.

Is it a boss? Neither of us know the names of any of the things, but I think she’s got the trees marked on her map so I assume she’s done that. It’s all feeling a bit aimless now, she’s got the whole map to wander around and no clue what to do or where to go, doesn’t want to watch any speed runs in case it spoils things. She’s beaten the final boss and seen an ending though, which seems good enough to me. 

6 hours ago, Broker said:

Is it a boss? Neither of us know the names of any of the things, but I think she’s got the trees marked on her map so I assume she’s done that. It’s all feeling a bit aimless now, she’s got the whole map to wander around and no clue what to do or where to go, doesn’t want to watch any speed runs in case it spoils things. She’s beaten the final boss and seen an ending though, which seems good enough to me. 

The Whispering Trees Roots are those things you have to hit with the Dream Nail and then go around collecting all the round Essence things in the area, so if you've got them marked then you must have done the first one in the Resting Grounds.

So by my reckoning, she must have done the following bosses in order to have gotten to the Hollow Knight:

Spoiler

The False Knight

Hornet Protector

Mantis Lords

Soul Master

Watcher Knight

Uumuu

That's the bare minimum required (although it is apparently possible to skip the Mantis Lords and get into Deepnest with the Crystal Heart from Crystal Peak). I think she's done more than that. What's the current completion percentage?

If you fancy doing more, I'd suggest doing all the Trees and Warrior Graves (the things where a ghost appears when you listen to them, and then you get a prompt to challenge them. There was one in the Resting Grounds, and more dotted around that you can also buy a map marker for), and try to fill in all of the map. There's plenty of bosses hiding in the map, plus some interesting (read "bastard hard") platforming sections in Deepnest, Greenpath and Crystal Peak that will reward you with something useful if you're up for it (top tip: learn how to pogo on enemies because you're going to need it for two of those sections for sure!)

Basically, it's just about exploring and finding new areas and secrets based on the abilities that you have. I found that incredibly rewarding (although I did have to check a guide for a couple of the more obscure items) but your mileage may vary.  

EDIT: I just watched the GMT Boss Keys video on Hollow Knight, and he comments on the fact that the game is really well designed in terms of letting you explore the map and find optional stuff and multiple routes into new areas, but falls down slightly in the true endgame as there is a single critical path to follow that you're given absolutely bugger all hints about. Some people found it for themselves but many others had to use a guide and that's just not as well designed as the rest of the game. 

On reflection, I can see that point, but I still enjoyed myself even if I did have to resort to a guide. :)

I managed to get a look at her map, and there are indeed trees and graves marked on it so she’s doing them now. Got enough essence to open the door in the resting grounds that leads to a LOT more ghosts, so there’s some direction now and she seems happy again :lol: 

She’s scoured the map for areas that she’s not been to and it looks like the majority of it is filled in now, and she’s got 8 masks and one extra soul vessel, as well as having upgraded the nail 3 times, and having found all but 7 charms. I’m struggling to work out which bosses she’s defeated as she doesn’t remember the names of anything except the mantis lords and soul master, but yeah it’s definitely a lot more than that. From the wiki it looks like she needs an upgraded Dream Nail so with your advice I’ve sent her towards sources of essence, though she’s got a weird aversion to too much help, despite wanting some help.

The game is so beautiful, the music is fantastic, and I absolutely love all the NPCs. I’m really glad she got into it after I bounced off it :) 

Fool's Gold Geo

Spoiler

Nightmare King Grimm

White Defender

Grey Prince Zote

Trial of the Fool

Pantheon of the Knight

Pantheon of Hallownest

After a couple of attempts at the Pantheon of the Knight and dying to the second boss (of ten) far too many times, I gave up and decided to go and take down the White Defender. One death to learn his attacks and then he went down on the second attempt.

Next was the Trial of the Fool, where I tried a variety of charm combinations and struggling to get through the Mantis Petra, Mantis Traitor assault midway through the Trial before the bit with no floor and a lot of flying enemies. Using the Dream Nail on slower enemies at the end of a wave to heal and stock up on Soul was a revelation and helped me bumble my way through to the harder waves with those teleporting Soul Twister wankers.

Once I got to the God Tamer, I was golden since I had already worked out a consistent method (all right, I watched a video) to defeat the boss for the Trial of the Sage so they went down on the first attempt (after numerous attempts on the rest of the damn Trial). Woo!

I know the Pantheon of the Knight is going to take an age to get through (how people do those boys rushes with bindings on I have no idea) so now it's Nightmare King Grimm. I can now survive more than 10 seconds but that's not much to boast about right now! More practice required!

Time played: 69h 39m

Completion:  110%

Dream Warriors

Spoiler

Nightmare King Grimm

Grey Prince Zote

Pantheon of the Knight

Pantheon of Hallownest

Despite being hampered by the wasted Grimmchild charm that you're forced to equip to trigger the battle with NKG, after a good few attempts at learning his attack patterns and when to attack, I eventually managed to take him down. On my final run at him, I'd only been hit twice by the time I got him down to 33% health so I knew that I should be able to get through. So just the Pantheon of the Knight to do for 112% completion.

After getting through the wall of Lost Kin with some practice and then straight through the Traitor Lord and White Defender first time, I promptly had my arse handed to me by the Failed Champion. I forgot that he does double damage, and panicking means that you just die a lot faster. Back to boot camp in the Hall of Gods and I can now beat him taking minimal damage, but after him I have to somehow get through Markoth, the Watcher Knight(s) and Soul Tyrant before facing the Pure Vessel. 

The Soul Tyrant I beat in the main game by being patient with my attacks, but I tanked the Watcher Knights for sure and I seem to recall only barely surviving against Markoth, so more practice required.

For a change of pace (maybe), I had a go at trying to clear the first Pantheon with a binding equipped and it was tough. With the Soul binding I managed to get to the boss a few times but with only four masks of health (damn that Brooding Mawlek!) so did not prevail, unsurprisingly. With the Nail binding, I got slapped by Brooding Mawlek. Fuck's sake. My tactic is usually to get up close and just batter it, but I only just noticed the two claws it has to swipe at you if you get too close. No wonder I was taking damage without being hit by its corrosive projectiles! Observant I am not.

Time played: 71h (ish)

Completion:  111%

Cheers! It's do-able I reckon.

Spoiler

I'm still basically flailing away for dear life at Lost Kin and the White Defender with the help of the Quick Slash charm, but I can now get through Failed Champion with no damage at all which means I can take a few hits with Markoth's second phase with his two shields and go into the Watcher Knights at almost full health. Dodging them when both decide to roll and bounce off the ceiling at the same time is probably the toughest part but focusing one at a time does the trick. Most of the time anyway.

Even the first phase of Soul Tyrant is fine, albeit mildly tedious as it takes about three times as long as all the other fights because you can rarely get safe hits in, but the second phase brought me down to half health and then Pure Vessel made short work of me dealing double damage.

So now it's a matter of being and to consistently get through Soul Tyrant's second phase relatively unscathed and oh yeah, that minor issue about learning how to beat Pure Vessel and I think I can do the fourth Pantheon. :)

Congrats on finishing the game Talvalin and thanks for posting your Radiance charms. I'm still mooching around the overworld looking for the last few upgrades I'm missing. I did manage to find the fireball upgrade which I can't believe I missed - that would have been sooo helpful for some of the previous bosses! I also found a running upgrade charm thanks to a shop upgrade I found, which I really, really wish I'd found before I started doing all this overworld exploration! I just realised today that I don't have Abyss shriek, I take it that's the upgraded upward attack? That would help loads with the Radiance, can anyone give me a hint where to start looking or is it locked behind an optional boss/trial?

On the plus side I've discovered 2 optional bosses I must have bounced off in the past.

Grey Prince Zote (dream version in the basement). Spent a while last week trying to beat him without much luck, hardly any healing windows makes it really tough. The other one I just found is Lost Kin. I decided to try killing him today and have wasted hours already, not really helped by the fact I'm pretty tired. I can get him very close to death but not quite there, you have to concentrate mega hard to avoid damage, even with my spider minions helping to soak up some of the orange blobs. I have discovered that staying airborne helps you to stay alive using downward slashes. The attack that always wrecks me is where he teleports across to one side and slams down, its incredibly hard to dodge and even if you do chances are you run into one ot the projectiles. Thank god its a fast trip to retry him each time (pro tip, at the entrance to the area he's in, fall off to the left for a shortcut to the arena.).

I've now covered pretty much all the environment with only the very lower levels to check for secrets. I'm guessing some of the stuff I'm missing is locked behind trials and bosses I've not done.

Things I've yet to do:

- getting the flower unbroken to the gardens (not sure exactly where you have to get to)

- surely there's something with the evil bug you can find near the spider village in the bottom left corner (he's in caves to the right of the main village chamber)

- Trial of fools

- Grimm/God DLC stuff, don't want to try that stuff before beating the 'base' game.

- Stag Station, can't remember finding anything interesting there in the past, although it is a dlc addition so maybe there's nothing there?

- Lost Kin and grey Prince Zote

- Getting the final milestone for dream nail (it's like 4000 dream currency or something)

- Finishing the bestiary, just a few mobs left to kill for that

I'm still missing a few mask and soul shards and 2 charms, as well as abyss shriek (if that's an upgrade for upward magic attack). I hope there's nothing hidden in white palace because there's no way I'm going through that nightmare again! If anyone can enlighten me without outright telling me where to go to hunt down the remaining stuff it would be appreciated.

26 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I *think* (Lost Kin help)

Hide contents

The Dung Defender badge's smell kills orange ghosts instantly

Great tip, thanks! Beat him after about about 6 goes after I equipped that!

Crucially the stink cloud keeps the ghosts from hurting you whilst you're healing. I ditched the spiders and increased spell damage, and took the stink cloud, lower cost spells and damage enemies whilst dashing charms instead. That way I could eliminate ghosts whilst doing any kind of movement which helped a lot in keeping the arena free. It was down to the wire though, I made it with one mask of health. Thanks to the stink cloud a healing window is created when he does the downward slam which makes the orange projecticles fly out. That gave me the piddling bits of healing I could fit in and its that edge I needed. I'm quite stubborn about not messing with charm setups too much once I've learned a fight (also laziness to go back to a bench!) but this proves its definitely worth trying out new combinations. Cheers!

15 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Congrats on finishing the game Talvalin and thanks for posting your Radiance charms. I'm still mooching around the overworld looking for the last few upgrades I'm missing. I did manage to find the fireball upgrade which I can't believe I missed - that would have been sooo helpful for some of the previous bosses! I also found a running upgrade charm thanks to a shop upgrade I found, which I really, really wish I'd found before I started doing all this overworld exploration! I just realised today that I don't have Abyss shriek, I take it that's the upgraded upward attack? That would help loads with the Radiance, can anyone give me a hint where to start looking or is it locked behind an optional boss/trial?

On the plus side I've discovered 2 optional bosses I must have bounced off in the past.

Reveal hidden contents

Grey Prince Zote (dream version in the basement). Spent a while last week trying to beat him without much luck, hardly any healing windows makes it really tough. The other one I just found is Lost Kin. I decided to try killing him today and have wasted hours already, not really helped by the fact I'm pretty tired. I can get him very close to death but not quite there, you have to concentrate mega hard to avoid damage, even with my spider minions helping to soak up some of the orange blobs. I have discovered that staying airborne helps you to stay alive using downward slashes. The attack that always wrecks me is where he teleports across to one side and slams down, its incredibly hard to dodge and even if you do chances are you run into one ot the projectiles. Thank god its a fast trip to retry him each time (pro tip, at the entrance to the area he's in, fall off to the left for a shortcut to the arena.).

I've now covered pretty much all the environment with only the very lower levels to check for secrets. I'm guessing some of the stuff I'm missing is locked behind trials and bosses I've not done.

Reveal hidden contents

Things I've yet to do:

- getting the flower unbroken to the gardens (not sure exactly where you have to get to)

- surely there's something with the evil bug you can find near the spider village in the bottom left corner (he's in caves to the right of the main village chamber)

- Trial of fools

- Grimm/God DLC stuff, don't want to try that stuff before beating the 'base' game.

- Stag Station, can't remember finding anything interesting there in the past, although it is a dlc addition so maybe there's nothing there?

- Lost Kin and grey Prince Zote

- Getting the final milestone for dream nail (it's like 4000 dream currency or something)

- Finishing the bestiary, just a few mobs left to kill for that

I'm still missing a few mask and soul shards and 2 charms, as well as abyss shriek (if that's an upgrade for upward magic attack). I hope there's nothing hidden in white palace because there's no way I'm going through that nightmare again! If anyone can enlighten me without outright telling me where to go to hunt down the remaining stuff it would be appreciated.

Spoiler

Abyss Shriek is indeed the upgrade for the upward attack (Howling Wraiths) and the name should give you a clue as to where to look for it (and you should have gone through the area a couple of times at least since you've been fighting the Radiance). Actually getting it requires some lateral thinking however, so there's no shame in looking it up if you need, but if you pay attention to the background then you should find the right room.

On your to-do list:

• Flower quest
    • Have a look around the Stag Station as it's close by. Once you know where to go, there is a simple trick (one might call it cheating, but I have no shame) to making the journey a lot easier but see how you get on. Also, there will be a minor amount of platforming required at the very end, so practice that because failing at the very end when there are no enemies left would be very annoying
  • "Evil bug" 
    • You mean the one who keeps trying to eat you? Apparently there's some additional dialogue (possibly Dream Nail required) if you equip the Weaversong charm, but that's about it
  • Trial of Fools
    • Good luck. This one is hard. You'll need to get good at taking out flying enemies without a floor to rest on, as one section in particular is a total arse. Not to mention the end, but I'll leave that as a surprise. At least you can restart the trial very quickly each time. Try different charm combinations to see what works best for you, but I strongly recommend Quick Focus if you have it and also Shaman Stone as you can take out most of the flying enemies with a single shot
  • Grimm/God DLC stuff
    • The Grimm stuff doesn't really have much bearing on the story as such, and it's worth at least starting the DLC as the first boss fight rewards you with a charm notch plus ADDITIONAL SPOILER WARNING RELATING TO EQUIPMENT
      • Spoiler

There's a NPC that can turn your Fragile charms into unbreakable versions (for a shit tonne of Geo naturally) which is worth it for the strength and health charms.

• For the God DLC, I can see your point, since it's basically a boss rush mode.
  • Stag Station
    •  If you mean the Stag Nest, then there should have been a mask fragment in there, plus a lore thing in the top left of the station but that's it.
  • Lost Kin and grey Prince Zote
    • Congratulations on taking out Lost Kin. He's so damn fast and aggressive that I had immense trouble with him, and I always got clobbered with something when I tried to jump over his attacks or to pogo on him. You've done him now, but in the end I went with Quick Slash and health upgrades and stayed on the ground mostly.
    • Grey Prince Zote is considered by many to be one of the hardest bosses because he's so damn random and also does two masks of damage with every attack. If you do fancy doing the Pantheons at some point (aka the God DLC), then GPZ won't show up at all if you haven't beaten him in the main game so you might want to leave him for now (he would otherwise show up in Pantheons 3 and 5). 
  • Getting the final milestone for dream nail (it's like 4000 dream currency or something)
    • Hmm. So I already had this by the time I started the Grimm DLC and I hadn't beaten GPZ, so I suspect you're missing some more of the Dream bosses or the Warrior Graves. Which ones have you done so far?
  • Finishing the bestiary, just a few mobs left to kill for that
    • Note that there's one new enemy for the bestiary that only shows up in the Trial of the Fool, so bear that in mind. :) 

As for the remaining things to collect, if you post up a picture of the charms you have at the moment then I can work out which ones you're missing and give you some hints in that direction. I suspect the remaining fragments of stuff will come about after you finish off the remaining bosses, although I note that there is no reward for beating GPZ or any of the other Dream bosses for that matter, other than Essence. 

Also, if you can post up a photo of your entire map, it might be possible to work out which specific fragments you're missing. Have you done all of the crazy platforming sections dotted around the map, that often require you to pogo off enemies to make progress?

Managed to finally beat PV a couple of times after 50+ attempts so tried the Pantheon of the Knight again and made a complete hash of it. 

I think I'm going to play Mario 64 on my Switch as a break before coming back to it. It'll be the first time I've ever played it!

Should the warrior dream fights that reward essence be marked on the map? There’s nothing for sale at the map shop but my girlfriend is fighting one that’s not marked? 

The endgame of this looks like my nightmare. She’s just wandering around aimlessly, rechecking areas she’s already explored looking for things she missed. I’d have given up ages ago.