MW_Jimmy

Celeste

Thats looks pretty nice but perhaps a bit too difficult for me personally. Two things annoyed me in that trailer, the chatter between characters did not fit the pixel style of the rest of the game and the spikes dotted about everywhere immediately put me off. I do like the simple premise of climbing a mountain though, I'll check it out on release and maybe give it a go.

• Upvote 1

Very reminiscent of They Bleed Pixels, which had such an egregious control scheme that I abandoned it. Despite the punishing nature of this I still find myself drawn towards it.

• Upvote 2

This looks great, probably too hard for me. It'll sit, barely dented, on one of my consoles, like 1001 spikes did.

If I may be specific, it reminds me of that "I Wanna Be The Guy" secret level on Super Meat Boy. Which was also too hard for me. 

I wonder if any of the ideas from Alec Holowka's Celeste game he was working on years ago made it into this - those guys share(d) a house.  It was an adventure game and she was a marionette, I believe.  There used to be screenshots & concepts on his website/blog but they're long gone.

Oh didn't know we had a thread for this. But yeah definitely picking this up as soon as I'm done with the other platformers I've still yet to finish on the Switch. :P

I missed this thread first time around... Best thread title in the world ever...we really should close all forums, because it is never EVER being bettered! 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, bradigor said:

I missed this thread first time around... Best thread title in the world ever...we really should close all forums, because it is never EVER being bettered!

The North Korea thread title in off topic is better.

Watched Mark Brown/Game-Maker's Toolkit playing this last night. Looked good but pad-harmingly difficult. Not got the patience for this sort of thing anymore.

There are things you can do to lower the challenge a bit. Not sure how much that moves it into the realm of normal (old) players and not just for those who have preternatural reflexes.