Made it to 20 movies in cinema this year (new movies, seen more that includes re-releases), not a great way to hit the number with the disappointing Missing Link but already think this year better than last, when i’d have said at 20 anything below five was shades of grey, this year the vast majority have been really pretty good

53D0AE19-5F33-4221-A761-52F13B93AA17.jpeg

In my commitment to being a sad person i like to spend my time checking near universally loved films and searching by lowest rating/review first to see how it's possible to hate The Matrix or Jurassic Park. 

It got me wondering if there is such a film that no one dislikes. I've yet to try 12 Angry Men, or come to think of it..Goodfellas. Which celebrates the disgusting behaviour of gangsters, fail already.

okay i just tried midnight run. giving up doing this now. 

On 20/04/2019 at 22:08, Nick R said:

Lordcookie doesn't like The Shawshank Redemption.

Not quite. I think it is an okay film; I just don't understand it's near-universal praise as, for me, it excels at nothing. It's just a solidly made feelgood movie. Which is absolutely fine (and something many films don't achieve), but I've never quite grasped why so many people have taken it into their hearts in such a strong way.

5 minutes ago, lordcookie said:

Not quite. I think it is an okay film; I just don't understand it's near-universal praise as, for me, it excels at nothing. It's just a solidly made feelgood movie. Which is absolutely fine (and something many films don't achieve), but I've never quite grasped why so many people have taken it into their hearts in such a strong way.

If by feelgood you mean the same way throwing up helps some people with a hangover 

2 minutes ago, gospvg said:

@linkster that is good going I’ve only seen Captain Marvel this year & got tickets for endgame next week.

Fair dos. It's my thing, I  just love the cinema, toying with going again this afternoon even though the movie I want to see is only on at the indie ..

• 1 year later...

Any new 'muk Letterboxrs over the last year or so? I'm always looking for new people to follow but the standard 'popular' reviewer type (17 years old, with edgy 1 line reviews in all lower case) don't really do much for me. 

I'm gr83me, have followed everyone in the thread.