mdn2

Avengers: Infinity War - April 2018

12 hours ago, KriessG said:

He broke apart a moon and threw it at some of them. I think he could stop a nuke in mid-flight and send it out to space pretty easily.

Each Avenger carries their own small thermonuclear payload and they just keep jumping out from behind things when he isn’t expecting it. 

• Upvote 1

Watched this a second time round, this time AFTER watching all the Marvel movies ^_^.  Loved it when each character made their first appearance, was like "yay you're back!"

On 12 August 2018 at 20:02, Mr Cochese said:

What about Captain America? I thought he was going to be in it?

This! Even at the end I couldn't see him as it. Captain America is clean shaven, wears spandex in US colours and has a boomerang round shield, not those crappy gauntlets.

7 hours ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

This! Even at the end I couldn't see him as it. Captain America is clean shaven, wears spandex in US colours and has a boomerang round shield, not those crappy gauntlets.

He's been on the run though hasn't he, hense his fucked up suit and not having his shield. I'm sure in the sequel it'll be a big moment him getting his shield back.

I was only joking about not recognising Captain America because he had a sexy beard and grubby outfit. When he stepped out of the shadows I turned 100% gay.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

“Get that man a shield,” lost much of its gravitas when they got him two garden trowels instead. 

Yeah I will admit that those did look shit.

Leaked Captain Marvel post-credit scene

INTERIOR THANOS'S SHACK

The camera pans in through a window and we see Thanos in long johns watching the Jeremy Kyle Show on his television with a look of mild discomfort on his face. As an advert break comes on, he gets up and goes into the bathroom, leaving the door ajar. We continue to slowly zoom in on Thanos's flip phone, which is on his coffee table next to his space car keys and a framed photo of Nebula and Gamorra in happier times. We hear the sound of a heavy stream of pee sloshing into the toilet bowl, like in that Richard Ashcroft video. While this is happening, Thanos's phone lights up and begins to vibrate on the table for a moment, then rings off. We're now zoomed in really close and see a message notification pop up. It says "Captain Marvel - im coming 4 u fuckface".

FADE TO BLACK

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I dunno, I think they're going to position her as the only hero who can go toe to toe with him on a physical basis and have a chance of winning. She won't be responsible for defeating him of course, that will fall to the OG Avengers but I could see her being the distraction needed to allow them to do whatever they need to do - with Ant-Man - to undo the Snap. 

9 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

I dunno, I think they're going to position her as the only hero who can go toe to toe with him on a physical basis and have a chance of winning. She won't be responsible for defeating him of course, that will fall to the OG Avengers but I could see her being the distraction needed to allow them to do whatever they need to do - with Ant-Man - to undo the Snap. 

Go get Clint

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Kevin Bacon joins the Avengers for a dance-off to save the Universe.

I know you’re joking, but this will happen at some point.

6 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

It's actually so gutting to think that we're not getting resolution on this for so long.

I forsee Captain Marvel hyping up Avengers 4 to truly unbearable levels.

What do you mean by ‘so long’? We’re getting the resolution next April, aren’t we? That’s only 8 months away!

• Upvote 1

I'm half an hour into this.  My first thought is why do they make Mark Ruffalo look like he is four feet tall all the time?  I could understand it in Thor 3 as it makes Thor look bigger.  However in the scene where they first meet Thanos' minions in New York he looks like he's standing in a hole next to Stark.  No way he's a foot shorter that RDJ.

• Empathy 1

5 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I'm half an hour into this.  My first thought is why do they make Mark Ruffalo look like he is four feet tall all the time?  I could understand it in Thor 3 as it makes Thor look bigger.  However in the scene where they first meet Thanos' minions in New York he looks like he's standing in a hole next to Stark.  No way he's a foot shorter that RDJ.

bruce2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Framestore posted a VFX reel.  Some of their digital New York streets are amazing. I really had no idea.  Will probably be watching more closely next time I see the film.

• Upvote 5

The best thing about this film - and something which is a rarity in too many of these Marvel films - is that the bad guys are brilliant, they're dangerous, they're a threat. And there's more than one! Regardless of whether the heroes do save the day or not, it's nice to spend time thinking "christ these guys aren't going to be a walkover, they might even win" and that scene is able to be set right from the absolute get-go as well, no fucking about with some mystery unknown evil-in-the-shadows bollocks and character building as you've had 40 hours of that already. I suppose there was a Black Maw scene that was a bit of a damp squib but you can't have everything. 

Thinking back, I'd struggle to remember half of the antagonists so far. Hela stands out, Red Skull, Ronan and Ultron a bit. Beyond that I can't even recall the names of most of the rest of them probably because they being a bit petty (or just plain shit) rather than villainous.

Well we've had Zemo, Vulture, Thanos, and Hela to an extent, in the last couple of movies (not seen AM&TW). So that particular complaint about marvel movies is being addressed. After all, as you become more familiar with the heroes, it makes sense to start drawing the antagonists with more care and attention.

*Go back further and the Winter Soldier bad guys reveal, was also pretty good.

I thought Zemo was a great character, but as a villain... nah. He was just upset about his family, you know? Vulture was doing sod all apart from nicking a bit of stuff after being stiffed by the government and got annoyed when someone found out about it. Decent characters, but low on real villainy. Definitely a step up on the first couple of waves of films even so, I do appreciate they had to concentrate more on the character of the hero rather than developing the other side of it - especially early on - but Thanos, (and Hela), was worth the buildup, spectacularly so.

10 hours ago, stefcha said:

I thought Zemo was a great character, but as a villain... nah. He was just upset about his family, you know?

What I like about Zemo is that despite having no powers and just being a guy, he still won in the end. That last exchange of lines with Martin Freeman was brilliant. 

• Upvote 3

Zemo was like one of those fake concerned  'just asking questions' guys who hang around ATF threads and eventually make everyone have a big barney, just on a larger scale