rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

On 09/09/2018 at 08:50, George Clooney said:

If there’s any time travel or Avengers/current hero appearances I’d wager it would be Dr Strange coming back to warm Fury to only use the pager to call her after the snap.  End scene is Marvel going off somewhere in deep space to help protect something and gives Fury the pager saying if she’s needed to use it and she’ll be back.  Cut to credits.  Mid credit scene, Fury is sitting there when Strange pops up, warning not to use it until the right time. Doing the whole “not saying what happens in the future” thing, Fury will ask how he’ll know when to use it.  Zoom in on Strange’s face and he’ll say about “when the world is turning to ash”.  Or something.

Thatd be my guess of how they’ll explain where she’s been.  Wherever she is, she’s obviously not somewhere it’s easy to get news of what’s happening to, or just difficult to contact in general.  Strange knowing she’s needed for the final battle to defeat Thanos and being able to sneak back in time to say not to contact her seems too convenient not to use.

That's all make logical sense but it still doesn't explain why he didn't just call her every time. Is it like a one time call for help deal only? Maybe it is, maybe the pager only has enough power for one call....then again make another? Who the fuck knows, they better bloody address it though.

On 07/09/2018 at 11:15, JohnC said:

Captain Marvel is in the ‘90s, so he’ll still be on ice. 

We need a scene where Nick Fury gives her a tour of his Jurassic Park lab and casually points out his collection of ice figures. Cut to a close-up of frozen Steve Rogers, Austin  Powers, Robert Drake and, for some reason, Han Solo. 

• Upvote 3

On 07/09/2018 at 21:37, Alex W. said:

Watched it again for the first time in umpteen months and I’m still kind of amazed at how well it works. It’s not perfect but something this complicated shouldn’t stand up and jog around and do fancy tricks like it does on the first try.

I only just got round to seeing this (and the last couple of marvel films), and I agree it hangs together far better than I'd have expected given how convoluted things have the potential to get.

On 09/09/2018 at 16:49, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah I like that. It paves the way for Hawkeye to come back and completely boss it black-ops style too. He'll be like "I've been fighting people more powerful than me for years, why did you even try to take Thanos head-on?"

Yep, and it does feel like more recently theyve gotten more confident at tapping different genres/themes. Besides which, at this point I think we need reminding why some of the more mundane heroes are there. I do feel like with more emphasis on the cosmic/magical/generally reality-bending stuff lately, a lot of people have probably had to heavily revise their hero power-rankings (and then argue about it online).

15 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

It will be interesting to see how Nick Fury encounters a pyrokinetic wonder woman and decides to recruit a spy and a guy with a bow to manage similar people in the future.

They're just Shields top assassins/agents rather than employed specifically to take out aliens

My wife finally convinced me to watch this after me being not too interested in the franchise anymore. Could have been the break, but also this was epic and funny.

Really enjoyed it. Thanos was amazing!

Really looking forward to Endgame now.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Horribleman said:

My wife finally convinced me to watch this after me being not too interested in the franchise anymore. Could have been the break, but also this was epic and funny.

Really enjoyed it. Thanos was amazing!

Really looking forward to Endgame now.

For me Thanos was the first bad guy that posed a genuine threat and filled me with dread. Every single time he faced off against one of the heroes, I was just waiting for him to kill one. 

• Upvote 3

On 22/10/2018 at 18:16, Captain Novaforce said:

Finally saw this, not much to add other than amazed they pulled it off. Random bit in Edinburgh was unexpected.

We WILL deep fry your kebab.

That cafe now has a giant “as seen in AVENGERS: Infinity War” thing in the window, obviously.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Spacehost said:

That cafe now has a giant “as seen in AVENGERS: Infinity War” thing in the window, obviously.

You're thinking about the pub across the road from that shop, that Wanda smashes into.

The shop in the film with the deep fried kebabs is in reality a cupcake shop. Why they changed that to a kebab shop when there are multiple real kebab shops literally seconds away from that location will always mystify me.

• Upvote 1

You mean they put that sign there on purpose? It totally detracts from the gravitas of the scene. It's the only thing anyone can focus on.

Poor actors, upstaged by a deep-fried kebab (and not even a real one).

15 hours ago, Spacehost said:

They’re filming ‘Fast and Furious 9’ nearby as well now. 

Wonder if  they’ll keep the sign?

In retrospect that whole Wanda/Vision sequence is probably my least favourite section of Infinity War. I don't think it's just because it's a sudden lull in the film's pace. I like the characters (always liked their cooking scene in Civil War!) but even if I'm not distracted by the sign (which I have been, every time) I don't think their dialogue does the required job of conveying the depth of their relationship in the time since we last saw them. And the fight is for me the least engaging bit of combat in both films.

Sure, Cap and the Avengers' entrance is great, but the music and The Beard are doing a lot of the work there! (In particular, I always get distracted questioning the strength disparity between Black Widow+Falcon versus Corvus+Proxima. :quote:)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nick R said:

In retrospect that whole Wanda/Vision sequence is probably my least favourite section of Infinity War. I don't think it's just because it's a sudden lull in the film's pace. I like the characters (always liked their cooking scene in Civil War!) but even if I'm not distracted by the sign (which I have been, every time) I don't think their dialogue does the required job of conveying the depth of their relationship in the time since we last saw them.

Vision's "I..I...I'm just going to speak for myself" bit of that sequence is the absolute worst line in the whole of the MCU films, it drives me spare