mdn2

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Can anyone point me to a video that summarises the infinity stones, where they come from in each film etc? 

On 22/03/2018 at 07:23, tomakasatnav said:

I thought there were more movies, but looking at them in a list.. not too many. Anyway, these are the MCU films I haven't watched.. any I should before this comes out?

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Thor (2011)

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)

Doctor Strange (2016)

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Out of that list, The Winter Soldier is a must as its the best film in the MCU in my opinion.  If you’re looking at films purely for if they might make Infinity War make more sense, then Thor Ragnarok links into IW by the looks of it, and Dr Strange and The Dark World both have Infinity Stones in them, so you’ll be aware of where they are.

If you want to watch films to see where the (known) Infinity Stones are located before IW, then watch Guardians of the Galaxy (the first), Dr Strange, Thor Ragnarok,  Thor: The Dark World and Captain America Civil War.  Or read the spoilers below for the films they appear in.

Space Stone:

First appears in Cap 1 in the form of the Tesseract, then appears again in Avengers Assemble, where Thor takes it back to Asgard at the end.  In Thor Ragnarok, its not seen, but heavily implied that Loki steals it from there.

Power Stone

Only appears in Guardians of the Galaxay where it ends up in the hands of the Nova Corps

Time Stone

Only appears in Dr Strange, who is in possession of it

Reality Stone

Appears in Thor The Dark World, where at the end they give it to The Collector, where it currently is

Mind Stone

Technically appears first in the first Avengers film in Loki’s staff.  Discovered in the staff in Age of Ultron and ends up in Visions forehead.  Who’s last seen in Civil War on Ironmans side.

If you want films to set up where the characters are, pretty much Civil War and Ragnarok are the only films that I think you’d need to watch.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Space Stone:

Hide contents

First appears in Cap 1 in the form of the Tesseract, then appears again in Avengers Assemble, where Thor takes it back to Asgard at the end.  In Thor Ragnarok, its not seen, but heavily implied that Loki steals it from there.

Small correction:

In Ragnarok, you see Loki stop at the Tesseract when he's on his way to the eternal flame.

It says a lot about how superhero movies have redeemed themselves that Hulk is considered a weak part of the Marvel canon. I remember being surprised that we’d had another pretty good superhero movie so soon after Iron Man yet so long after Batman Begins. 

• Upvote 2

Oliver Stone

William Oliver Stone is an American writer and filmmaker. Stone won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay as writer of Midnight Express. He also wrote the acclaimed gangster movie Scarface.

• Upvote 2

Think about it. She’s out in the middle of a half-empty universe with some purple dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but uninhabited galaxies. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

• Upvote 6

5 new posters, for 5 of the stones. None for Soul Stone, whose location is unknown at this point.

Hawkeye still AWOL.

Spoilered for length.

Spoiler

gallery-1522099090-avengers2.jpg

gallery-1522099265-avengers3.jpg

gallery-1522099107-avengers11.jpg

gallery-1522099273-avengers4.jpg

gallery-1522099364-avengers5.jpg

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

5 new posters, for 5 of the stones. None for Soul Stone, whose location is unknown at this point.

Hawkeye still AWOL.

Spoilered for length.

Reveal hidden contents

gallery-1522099090-avengers2.jpg

gallery-1522099265-avengers3.jpg

gallery-1522099107-avengers11.jpg

gallery-1522099273-avengers4.jpg

gallery-1522099364-avengers5.jpg

Hawkeye confirmed to have the Soul Stone.

Avengers 4 is totally Hawkeye Saves The Marvel Universe. The after-credits sting in Infinity War will be a TV showing the Avengers defeated on the news, with a bow in the foreground, and a purple gloved hand reaches in and takes it - "fine, I'll do it myself".

• Upvote 7

I like the posters but I spent a while looking at Spidey trying to work out which hero it was. Terrible likeness.

• Upvote 1