Pewdiepie Is Now Pretty Much Inarguably Racist

Comrade

Watched 'The Media' post that he pulled where he knows that the hammer is going to be dropped on him and turns his anger on clickbait media and lack of context. Rather than focusing on the fact he acted like a twat without thought beyond, 'maybe it's just my sick sense of humour'.

When you get big you really need someone managing and having an editorial PR overview as someone's going to pick stuff up and generate a story.

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

The most shocking thing in this thread is I've learned some grown adults actually watch PewDiePie and manage to glean enjoyment out of it somehow. Fair enough, different strokes for different folks, but it's like suddenly hearing someone at work excitedly exclaim how much they're looking forward to binge watching a Bodger & Badger boxset over the weekend.

What are you doing, Mr Mature? Playing soldiers on your Nintendo?

4 minutes ago, Harsin said:

The most shocking thing in this thread is I've learned some grown adults actually watch PewDiePie and manage to glean enjoyment out of it somehow. Fair enough, different strokes for different folks, but it's like suddenly hearing someone at work excitedly exclaim how much they're looking forward to binge watching a Bodger & Badger boxset over the weekend.

So far more shocking than the racism and paid manipulation of poor people is that people on a videogame forum have watched the biggest youtuber in the world who also plays lots of videogames?

Ok m8.

@Harsin It's just a sensitive issue for me I guess. We've all had to defend what we find entertaining at some point and it can be pretty infuriating. Different strokes and that.

Regarding Pewdiepie, I dunno, I guess cos I came across (not literally fnar) his channel fairly early on, it's just been fascinating watching it grow. I have genuinely enjoyed some of his let's plays and some of his stupid shit (like the new car one, where he parodies all the youtubers showing off their Audi's with a beat up 15 year old nissan with a blow up anime doll in the passenger seat). I liked his dumb Pokemon Go videos. He seems genuinely quite a shy and introverted guy who has found a way to come out of himself a bit on youtube. Look how awkward he is in that recent interview with h3h3 though, he is clearly very different in reality.

I cannot defend the racism though. There's no place for that.

1 hour ago, Mentazm said:

What if they are standing on a stage of getting paid in other ways to try and be funny?

That comes back to intent.. if they're being paid to say something outrageous for the sake of it (or on someone's behalf) you have to assume they either agree with the sentiment or don't care - else they wouldn't do it.. If they don't understand what they're being asked to do (and can't be bothered to find out) and do it anyway, then they're just fucking idiots..

If a comedian says something, you'll likely already have some idea of their style of comedy, their personal/political outlook etc.. and can gauge their intent.. and in most cases (even with those that go for outrage comedy) any jibes at minorities are largely only made if the comedian is a member of that minority.

You know, I've only ever seen about twenty seconds of Pew's output. It's literally all I could stomach.

Don't get me wrong, you could put on five seconds of Commando, John Wick, Die Hard or the Raid and have something not-awesome happen, unrepresentative of their totally rad overall output, but he was just sitting there screaming at the screen like a three year old transplanted into an adult body through some cruel genetic experimentation might do. Not a hilarious, fun filled scream you could sort of dig the vibe of and maybe think about joining in for a bit - it was more like nails screeching across a chalkboard whilst a cat gets kicked across a room right beside it.

In short, I'm not qualified to talk about any of this, but if he were sentenced to lifetime imprisonment in a tiny hole so small they had to chainsaw his legs off to get him to fit inside I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Those twenty seconds more than earned it. 

42 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Someone has reuploaded his initial and soon deleted reaction to the the media picking up on the fiverr vid. He comes across horribly in this. No wonder he deleted it.

I don't think he comes across 'horribly' at all tbh.  Did you watch beyond the first 30 seconds? 

1 minute ago, dood said:

I don't think he comes across 'horribly' at all tbh.  Did you watch beyond the first 30 seconds? 

Err, yeah. His defense for going on fiverr to get people to make stupid racist comments was to go back on fiverr and get people to make more stupid racist comments. At this point he's still clearly of the mind that he has done nothing wrong and everyone else is wrong cos some people found it funny.

Yeah I didn't quite get that, but he did say he felt awful for getting the dudes with the sign banned from the site and opened comms with fiverr to try and put things right.  He also said several times he totally gets why a site like fiver wouldn't want to be associated with antisemitic 'jokes'. 

Why he put that very last bit in though, fucking hell. 

It's a very strange scenario. 

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/pewdiepie-racism-alt-right/

the "lol, jk" lovely people on here  ( who take advantage of the less strict than other places laid back nature of this forum's moderation to act like second rate trolls and ruin most threads for their own amusement and like to pretend to themselves that their way is how the forum is and has always been but are kidding themselves- just dont be the same as this guy D: ) might like this.

1 hour ago, mrpranny said:

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/pewdiepie-racism-alt-right/

the "lol, jk" lovely people on here  ( who take advantage of the less strict than other places laid back nature of this forum's moderation to act like second rate trolls and ruin most threads for their own amusement and like to pretend to themselves that their way is how the forum is and has always been but are kidding themselves- just dont be the same as this guy D: ) might like this.

7 pages of discussion and it turns out he's just a common or garden dickhead.