IGNORED

Pewdiepie Is Now Pretty Much Inarguably Racist

Comrade

9 hours ago, Nick R said:

So you're saying that terrorists demanded that he do this or they'd detonate a bomb, and that he's a hero for sacrificing his reputation to save countless people?

I upvoted the reference as a reflex, but now I don't know whether or not to upvote this for making a point.

Was the other post making a point? I heard of Pewdiepie through that South Park episode and never expected to give him this much thought.

31 minutes ago, Oz said:

I am not sure I represent the entire forum so can only speak for myself. I am probably old and stupid. Having watched some of his content, I feel this kid would have benefited from better parenting. 

What, and getting physical constitutes 'better parenting'? 

Here's a list of things a good smack can set right:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I don't agree that he isn't an antisemite. He blatantly is for having posted that sign online. There is no other explanation, one does not joke about the Holocaust. We know from Gamergate that there is a far-right culture among gamers. This man is obviously one of their figureheads.

Nah, I dunno. 

When I was younger my friends and I used to think saying needlessly offensive shit was funny, purely because it's offensive.  

But then I grew up, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, dood said:

Nah, I dunno. 

When I was younger my friends and I used to think saying needlessly offensive shit was funny, purely because it's offensive.  

But then I grew up, I guess. 

Yeah but you weren't able to publish it on YouTube back then. 

A hypothetical spanking. I don't condone violence against children. But certainly you need to discipline a child to understand what's funny and what's offensive. And discipline is important no? To teach a kid to not behave like an asshole on YouTube.

2 minutes ago, dood said:

What, and getting physical constitutes 'better parenting'? 

Here's a list of things a good smack can set right:

Reveal hidden contents

7 minutes ago, Pob said:

Yeah but you weren't able to publish it on YouTube back then. 

Sure, but it was still something that I knew was only permissible between certain friends. 

A bit like swearing when you're a kid, you know it's cool round you friends, but not with the folks or in class.  

Some people never figure that out, or witness  it modeled by caring adults, I guess. 

6 hours ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Ah ok. Nothing wrong with stupid racist shit as long as everyone enjoys it.

Got it.

That's right. People need to lighten the fuck up. That's the real reason the world is so screwed - no one can take a joke anymore, and people aren't allowed to say this or that.

6 minutes ago, Spainkiller said:

The biggest problem was that it just wasn't funny.

That too, like pretty much all of his other stuff. But at least the option is there on the table for him to expose himself as being a bit of a knob, imagine if that wasn't the case.

25 minutes ago, Fallows said:

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

That's right. People need to lighten the fuck up. That's the real reason the world is so screwed - no one can take a joke anymore, and people aren't allowed to say this or that.

Yeah fakers !People need to be able to just say what they think fuck all that political correctness! Free speech !!! :hat: 

I laughed at the video , but those funny funny lankey men laughing away and their indifference , with anything written on that piece of paper would make me laugh. It is funny. It is not right though. But we dont like political correctness now. Maybe thats the problem, maybe he needs to employ some.

3 hours ago, Fallows said:

The world is 'so screwed' because people like you think that advocating genocide against an ethnic group is a 'joke'.

Yeah, I don't think the joke is actually "kill all Jews lol!!"

I mean the fact he picked that as being the most abhorrent message he could think of... Well that tells you something. He could have picked something much worse, though. That's probably where he goofed.

A lot of people outraged seemed to be saying, "yeah, but think of the real racists"

Well fuck the racists and the people too stupid to understand. If it emboldens them even better. Because that's exposing them, you know? As long as they don't really kill all Jews.

28 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

When Consolevania did Hitler and Gacy everybody here wanted to kiss biglime and dotterel's bums. This doesn't seem very much different to me.

They seem very different to me.   Consolvania stuff was obviously in deliberate poor taste (which is the joke) but there was no 'ironic' hate messages attached.   Consolevania is more akin to Mel Brookes stuff.

Both are examples of people making light of some of history's biggest tragedies for laughs. I'm sure playing Consolevania starring Hitler in front of a conservative Jewish audience would go down amazingly well.

Those Pewdiepie jokes are misjudged; it's not the stuff that's smart to do when you're a very public figure and popular with young people/children, and neither is it smart to do when you're on Disney's payroll - a multinational company with huge international interests and very protective of their family-friendly image. But I don't believe for a second that Pewdiepie is actually antisemitic.