IGNORED

Pewdiepie Is Now Pretty Much Inarguably Racist

Comrade

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Shamelessly taken from twitter, but pretty much how every defense of Pewdiepie reads on there;

DJe2bf5VYAEDOIP.jpg

Tell them to make another wish.

Buy them a PS4 Pro or something.

Just... what goes on in peoples heads!?

4 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Those numbers along the bottom of this screenshot.... what in the actual fuck ?

Streaming PUBG seems to be his day job now* (or at least it was up until this) and he has a big enough audience that he doesn't even need to worry about bringing on a second apocalypse due to the paid subscriptions and donations.

Those are pretty tame compared to what someone like Shroud gets on Twitch every stream.

* A Twitch stream I had open in the background a couple of weeks ago finished and moved its viewers over to the prick PDP plays with and I was suddenly hearing PDP and his pal making jokes about Jews out of nowhere, so, yeah... stay classy

4 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I doubt it, he follows all the alt-reich figureheads on Twitter, just probably realises he needs to "hide his power level" in their parlance.

Yeh his other video I watched looking for his apology was him ridiculing that recent hurricanes are evidence of climate change. These sets of ideas appear to now be related. These groups appear to be where thought goes to die. 

1 minute ago, Gizamaluke said:

Best fake apology since Depp and Heard.

At least he is not blaming others or justifying it. Or being sorry that we feel that way. Normal people really need to engage with this conversation happening around the alt right and other radicals. Their rise is an indictment of what's happened with education and parenting since the creation of the iPhone. 

17 minutes ago, Oz said:

At least he is not blaming others or justifying it. Or being sorry that we feel that way. Normal people really need to engage with this conversation happening around the alt right and other radicals. Their rise is an indictment of what's happened with education and parenting since the creation of the iPhone. 

I'm not sure about this. I remember there was one lad I went to Uni with (98-01) who was massively into Quake and Counterstrike and he took to throwing around the word Jew as a casual insult at one point until a bunch of us told him to stop (I still see him around from time to time and I'm fairly certain he'd be mortified if I reminded him about it). This type of shit in this context has been around for as long as online gaming has existed. Gaming probably inherited it wholesale from earlier internet culture, IRC, BBS etc. which probably inherited it from a swill of neo-nazism and casual racism and mixed it in with that ever present white geek persecution complex.

6 minutes ago, matt0 said:

I'm not sure about this. I remember there was one lad I went to Uni with (98-01) who was massively into Quake and Counterstrike and he took to throwing around the word Jew as a casual insult at one point until a bunch of us told him to stop (I still see him around from time to time and I'm fairly certain he'd be mortified if I reminded him about it). This type of shit in this context has been around for as long as online gaming has existed. Gaming probably inherited it wholesale from earlier internet culture, IRC, BBS etc. which probably inherited it from a swill of neo-nazism and casual racism and mixed it in with that ever present white geek persecution complex.

I mean the rise of the alt-right ideology. rather than online bullying. which is what I think has been contaminating this chap. maybe I am wrong in this. but I detect this cocktail of anti-media, anti-establishment, climate change denying, disdain for 'political correctness' in his content as of late. also, a lack of appropriate grooming. and his skin complexion has taken a turn for the worse. 

I played a tonne of online multiplayer shooters as a teen (Halo, Gears of War, CoD etc) and did my fair share of trash talking between friends and occasionally against strangers in public matches. In saying that the trash talking used between friends and even from what I experienced back then from strangers was never more than insulting each other's skill or at a push calling someone a dick. Most of the time it was stuff similar to gags used on the Purepwnage online series. I dropped off from online multiplayer games along time ago and if I do play online now it's generally without a mic and with the other players muted. When I was starting to play less it was when the Modern warfare games were ruling the online fps games and lots of kids started playing and that's when I started using mics less because it was full of kids using terms as insults that they probably didn't fully grasp.

As for Pewdiepie I watched both the video where he says it and the recent "response" and he definitely should be held accountable for it. As many in here have already said you don't throw out a word like that in the way that he did unless you regularly use it. I find him completely insufferable anyway from what I've seen of him and from watching some of his stuff over the last few days the way he seems to edit his videos seems so brainwashy. It was pretty weird watching them actually in my opinion anyway.

7 hours ago, Dig Dug said:

One thing that has been bothering me a lot since I came back from my year away is the kind of YouTube videos my brother has been watching. Lots of shouting, lots of swearing, absolutely nothing stopping kids from watching the stuff. It bothers me a bit that YouTube (and most online media hosting sites in general) completely undermine the kind of content restrictions other media has to put up with. YouTube has age restrictions but very few video makers even use it let alone have it forced on them. Of course though the internet economy is funded by clicks so very few are going to agree to anything that may slow down or jeopardize that culture. I get that the internet is seen very much as a do it yourself prosumer culture but this isn't underground counter culture anymore, it's a big industry that has turned people like PDP into millionaires.

One of the biggest problems recently has been a real lack of legislation and regulation by the US government. I was reading an article on Bloomberg stating how the regulations on monopolies is currently the lowest it's ever been, which has resulted in a handful of companies dominating their respective industries - Google, Facebook, Amazon. 

Even in the US, if you break the FCC codes with regards to language, or something like a slight hint of a nipple being shown during a Super Bowl half time show, you get a massive fine. Because it's deemed inappropriate for most of the audience. Not so with YouTube! You can have people openly saying the N word and nothing happens to them. Then you can have various hate videos and yet Alphabet's response is "we can't deal with it due to the sheer volume of videos, but honestly, we're coming up with an algorithm to detect it.

But what triggers Alphabet to change their content policy? Advertising revenue. Like in my recent topic on the YouTube de-monetization "issue" that's come up recently. YouTube detects "inappropriate content", it de-monetizes it. Except it seems fairly inconsistent at the moment.  However, this shouldn't be advertisers determining this, it should be legislation. And I'm not sure how much longer YouTube and Facebook will get away with making billions in profit and yet not managing to control what content is on their sites. Oh, except when it's China, who's government at least has some balls when it comes to these behemoth companies, even though their reasons for doing so are very questionable.

11 minutes ago, kris_doe said:

I played a tonne of online multiplayer shooters as a teen (Halo, Gears of War, CoD etc) and did my fair share of trash talking between friends and occasionally against strangers in public matches. In saying that the trash talking used between friends and even from what I experienced back then from strangers was never more than insulting each other's skill or at a push calling someone a dick. Most of the time it was stuff similar to gags used on the Purepwnage online series. I dropped off from online multiplayer games along time ago and if I do play online now it's generally without a mic and with the other players muted. When I was starting to play less it was when the Modern warfare games were ruling the online fps games and lots of kids started playing and that's when I started using mics less because it was full of kids using terms as insults that they probably didn't fully grasp.

I play a lot online (Dota 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege), and always with a microphone and I hear and see nigger has an insult a lot when someone loses their cool. Some use cunt, some wish aids or cancer upon you but they know if they want to get a reaction then that word is the way to go.

I play a lot online (Dota 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege), and always with a microphone and I hear and see nigger has an insult a lot when someone loses their cool. Some use cunt, some wish aids or cancer upon you but they know if they want to get a reaction then that word is the way to go.

Yeah this is exactly why I don't use mics online anymore. It was starting to get like this when I was starting wind myself off multiplayer games say 8 years ago and I was getting older and thinking fuck this.

Anyway nail yer man to the wall he deserves everything that's coming to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Oz said:

Growing up perhaps?

"I said the worse word I could possibly think of, and it just sort of slipped out"

So... which is it?  Was I'd deliberate "I said the worse word I could possibly think of" or was it an accident "it just sort of slipped out"?

Or is it just a bullshit apology to make all the nasty people calling you a racist because you said racist things go away?

Also on the topic of saying thing accidentally, does anybody really do that?  I know I don't everything that comes out my mouth is something I intended to say, it might not be the smartest thing to say, or it might offend, or hurt someone but they are word I chose to say.  They are not an accident, it seems like a very childish excuse, it was an accident.  You might have said something without thinking or considering what you're saying, but again that's not an accident.  In my experience the stuff you say like that tends to be automated responses or common jokes you'd make with friends (that you're now saying in an inappropriate context) - but that just reinforce my belief that he uses the word often enough that it's something said without thinking.

14 minutes ago, The Bag said:

"I said the worse word I could possibly think of, and it just sort of slipped out"

So... which is it?  Was I'd deliberate "I said the worse word I could possibly think of" or was it an accident "it just sort of slipped out"?

Or is it just a bullshit apology to make all the nasty people calling you a racist because you said racist things go away?

Also on the topic of saying thing accidentally, does anybody really do that?  I know I don't everything that comes out my mouth is something I intended to say, it might not be the smartest thing to say, or it might offend, or hurt someone but they are word I chose to say.  They are not an accident, it seems like a very childish excuse, it was an accident.  You might have said something without thinking or considering what you're saying, but again that's not an accident.  In my experience the stuff you say like that tends to be automated responses or common jokes you'd make with friends (that you're now saying in an inappropriate context) - but that just reinforce my belief that he uses the word often enough that it's something said without thinking.

I think he means he said the worst word he  can think of now and at the time it just slipped out. 

Not that im defending him or anything.  Guys a racist twit and it's an empty apology, way to late and after he's already shown form for such things.