IGNORED

Pewdiepie Is Now Pretty Much Inarguably Racist

Comrade

31 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Was that at the start? I skimmed through all that cos it seemed a bit shit. I'm also not entirely sure I know who that is.

Basically JK Rowling called him out for being a fascist. He found photos of her dressed as a Nazi. The reporter who broke the "story", PDP has found a load of racist tweets, stating how he didn't realise that the Jews were so good at frying etc. He also reveals how the WSJ approached all of PDPs sponsors and tried to get all of them to pull contracts, they also tried to get YouTube to cancel all of his monetisation. This was before they even asked him for his own comment on the whole thing.

From what I've read that Sargon of Akkad is a very very nasty white supremacist who is very proud about telling you how much he dislikes non-whites. Stupid move on PDPs part to quote him.

45 minutes ago, Larsen B said:

But also links to Sargon of Akkad as a credible voice.

He's got good points that he's making very badly.

Probably because he hasn't had to deal with something like this before and because he has to insert humour in cause its "still a pewdiepie vid".

43 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Was that at the start? I skimmed through all that cos it seemed a bit shit. I'm also not entirely sure I know who that is.

This is the thing, everyones like "i dont want to give him views so i didnt watch" "cant stand that insufferable idiot" "i skimmed through it so i didnt see but"  (not you, but your comment is similar).

Anyway, he talks ALOT about his feelings on the matter and stuff, you should really watch it all, he doesn't always articulate well for reasons I said above( also he's Swedish

Anyway, these are tweets from Ben Fritz, the author of that article on the Wall Street Journal who criticized PewDiePie for anti-semetic jokes.

ben-fritz-e1487584766286.jpg?strip=all&w

C5GwhKlWMAAjZzt.jpg

benfritz-e1487584455728.jpg?strip=all&w=

So I guess thats one of his points.

Edit: The post above me has more details.

While I'd prefer that people don't rely on "ironic racism" as a method of comedy, there is a huge difference between someone tweeting stupid jokes to a very limited audience (like when you're with friends and someone makes an intentionally edgy joke because everyone involved knows they don't really feel that way) and doing those same jokes to 53 million people.

Particularly when actual white supremacists start giving those videos support.

2 hours ago, Larsen B said:

While I'd prefer that people don't rely on "ironic racism" as a method of comedy, there is a huge difference between someone tweeting stupid jokes to a very limited audience (like when you're with friends and someone makes an intentionally edgy joke because everyone involved knows they don't really feel that way) and doing those same jokes to 53 million people.

Particularly when actual white supremacists start giving those videos support.

Well I think a large percentage of Felix's viewers are young children, and a lotta kids are morons (and not all are white supremacists, theyll just say anything to troll)

6 hours ago, Broker said:

What's weirdest about YouTube is how the people watching really feel like they know the creator. I've never really watched Felix's videos because he's not funny at all, but my kids watch them. He's not a good actor, he's not a good comedian, he's not good at games and he's got nothing interesting to say. It sounds mean but there's a reason a huge number of his fans are children and young teenagers, it's because his act is behaving like an idiot child, something other adults rarely have time for. In the way his supporters respond you see a real personal hurt, like you're insulting their closest friend, and that comes from being at an age where personal relationships are the only important thing in your life and you've got no real awareness of the wider world. 

The problem is that Felix is being watched by millions of actual children, and he's not taking that responsibility seriously. He's not using his platform to say anything, he's not using his jokes to say anything, and if he's trying to it's so poorly acted and edited that it's not going to be clear to a general audience. Comparing him to South Park is idiotic, that's a show written by multiple people together, trying to make clear points and using an array of characters (some unsympathetic) to display both negative and positive behaviour. It's a million miles from some guy alone thinking he's a proper edgelord because he said something good about Hitler. There's no dissenting voice also coming from the creator, like there is in literally every scene where Cartman ever does anything bad. There's no script or pace. It's a guy playing games and making jokes that are about the level of a Limp Bizkit album title. Not clever comedy that people are missing because they're listening to the FAKE NEWZ instead of wasting their time watching his shit videos aimed at children. 

He's just a YouTuber that got incredibly famous overtime. Why should it be a responsibility to deliver such messages? He does piles of charity work for good causes and what you would expect. He's not a government, not a leader or giving out commands.... He just wants to make youtube bids. 

I think if he did do the sort of thing you were suggesting his audience would vanish.

Edited by Lorfarius

• 6 months later...

Fucking lol. What a dick. He's done it again! 

Tldw, in 'heat of the moment' and having trouble killing a guy in an fps game, he calls his opponent a nigger. 

He then corrected with 'asshole'.  That doesn't really help, dude.

Whoops!  

It's not just the words, it's the fact this abhorrent individual is normalising this sort of language and behavior to the millions of young kids who watch him..

Despicable.. suppose the best we can hope is it costs him ad revenue.. Youtube aren't exactly going to ban him.. <_<

2 minutes ago, clippa said:

Wow, that's pretty telling that that's the first word that came out, an automatic response to being annoyed with someone.

Yeah, I think that's the most damning aspect about it to be honest. A real slip of the mask.