rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
McSpeed

Project CARS 2 - The ‘ultimate driver journey’

2 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Any other PC players out there?

@Dimahoo @Simbo @mexos @Valver @scoobysi

Yep, I'm still here and up for playing (I'll be in VR I hasten to add)   Like Dimmy I'm a bit inconsistent in my availability.  I usually prefer weekly time trial events and the like that I can just dip into when I have the time to do a random 10 laps.  But if there's a server we can all hop on for a few fun races - deal me in! :-)

I'm up for some racing for sure.  I'll also be in VR.  I am happy enough in most of the standard tracks and open to race just about anything (I usually race the GT cars and also like any of the formula cars).  Done a fair bit of online racing in pCars2 but for all the time I have spent racing I'm still pretty shit at it though usually finishing 15th out of 20 on average.  That said, I don't really care too much being good as I just enjoy the racing nonetheless.

My steam ID is simondoc feel free to add me.

11 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Any other PC players out there?

@Dimahoo @Simbo @mexos @Valver @scoobysi

Nah the effort to get decent setup/ffb in PCars put me off. I occasionally think about getting PCars 2 as the track selection was great. My PC has also been out of action for months as I’m waiting for graphics cards to hit a reasonable price again after mine failed last year. Plan is to get one for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Im around, and spent last night maddeningly trying to get SRS races going in Assetto. Utter carnage. Kinda defeats the purpose methinks.

Tried a few races in PC2 but same.

Starting to think I need to go to *shudder* iRacing...

Happy to pop by and / or host 

I've got teamspeak but can have a look at discord - havent used it.

in the past I've just used Steam chat with a mate - but I don't know if it works for groups

I'm prob online from 6 or 7 (in fact I'm almost always powering up the rig when home lol)  - but maybe 7.30 or 8 for racing - might need some time to set things up a little.

Ah, keep it simple as possible I think.  If steam chat works that'd be great, I also have teamspeak though if that proves easier.

I'll go online at 7 then, once you're on one of us can create a room and we'll go from there.  Maybe start with some AI and see how we get on.

PS. Will you be using VR?

Hi - I will use VR cos VR !   

I also have discord (just have never used it in anger)  - lets go with that lol.

My internet connection is pretty quick so I can easily host a biggish game. See you around 7pm then in the interweb!

I'm up for some racing.  After 7 works for me.  Never raced those Clio's but hear they are good and totally up for giving them a go.  Happy with formula ford too.

I've used discord when racing with my mate.  We had to turn down music and other volume stuff in game so we could hear each other ... Which mostly consisted of swearing when we made mistakes.

The new Steam voice chat is supposed to be hugely improved too.  Never tried it properly yet.

I'm cool either way to be honest - we'll just need to sort steam friends - Simbo - your steam name is? and I'll pop you an friends req this afternoon.

I didn't know if the steam chat did a group but it probably will. We had to frig around with chat/game volumes also even with it tho - although Win10 now does something funny like drop game volume a bit when you are in a chat....

I don't care what we drive - my personal fav just now is the KTM X-bow lol !   (just cos its amazing in VR) - I've had great fun on track even with Caterham 7's

22 minutes ago, ColinMac said:

Simbo - your steam name is?

On 10/08/2018 at 18:18, Simbo said:

My steam ID is simondoc feel free to add me.

;)

I've added you too Simbo.  Steam chat sounds ideal if it works, no need to set up other accounts and find each other in discord/teamspeak.

Gents that was fantastic fun. 

Absolutely loved that run round Bannochbrae - even if we did all bash the fences - the sunset was stunning !!

Just as we were chatting about crewchief - get this wee app installed and remember to disable the pc2 spotter and crew stuff in the menus :

Crewchief forum / download

• Upvote 1

Really enjoyed the pCars earlier in the week - the steam voice chat worked well.  The only problem was the volume of car parts I may have inadvertently left scattered along the race track though ... all good fun!

We should organise another race night whenever suits people best.  Count me in.

Monday night is out for me next week (rehearsing) and I'm not sure what other nights I'm free at the moment.  I should know by tomorrow/Sunday though so hopefully we can all get something sorted!

• Upvote 1

Tuesday and Thursday are both good for me this week if anyone else is about? 

We could do the RSR induction on Tuesday if you fancy racing with a large field. You'll need to sign up and read up on the rules etc beforehand though. Here's the website:

https://revolutionsimracing.com

I did the induction night last week and it was really good fun. 

• Upvote 1

Brill, let's go for that tomorrow night then.  We won't be able to chat much as they don't like to have too much talking during official sessions, but it's good to get in the zone anyway.

Good idea @SharkyOB totally up for that tomorrow.  Took me a while to figure out the teamspeak stuff but its all installed, registered and sync'ed to my new revolution sim racing forum account.  I think it all starts at 7:30 with everyone joining 10 mins before so I'll catch you both then.

Now I'm off to play with my settings for headlights ... its a good idea they have to see who is on a fast lap and who isn't.  

@ColinMac CrewChief is really good.  I especially like the "enable swearing" setting.  

• Upvote 1