Project CARS 2 - The ‘ultimate driver journey’

McSpeed

Anybody else think the tyre physics in the rain is all wrong? I started the Clio cup and am having some issues with oversteer on some corners and spinning out. But in the rain I'm leaving the A.I in my wake. The car sticks to the road like glue and I can put faster laps in than in the dry.

13 hours ago, dave7g said:

Using the settings in that video is better but I'm spinning out by just turning and breaking at all is spinning out as well. Anyone got something that controls like a real game?

Break and brake are not the same word.

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

Anybody else think the tyre physics in the rain is all wrong? I started the Clio cup and am having some issues with oversteer on some corners and spinning out. But in the rain I'm leaving the A.I in my wake. The car sticks to the road like glue and I can put faster laps in than in the dry.

That's weird, I've done quite a bit of wet running now and I've never had faster times in the wet.  On Sunday, the guys I've recently started racing with (Revolution Sim Racing) did a three race event in touring cars, with the final race being wet.  After doing lots of practice and the race itself, it was clear the physics were fine.  Wet lap times seemed correct when compared with dry and the car felt so nice to drive in the rain.

1 minute ago, SharkyOB said:

It's insanely good in VR, so much better than the first game.  Do you have a PC already mexos?

No, it would mean building a rig and buying the vr kit. I bought psvr kind of hoping cars would come to it. Whoops.

I know the potential of vr racing as I've got Dirt Rally. We have vr kit at work, I'm tempted to take my wheel and pedals in to try it out there.

43 minutes ago, mexos said:

No, it would mean building a rig and buying the vr kit. I bought psvr kind of hoping cars would come to it. Whoops.

I know the potential of vr racing as I've got Dirt Rally. We have vr kit at work, I'm tempted to take my wheel and pedals in to try it out there.

Gonna be pricey, at least you already have the wheel and pedals though :lol:

The first time you're dropped into a single seater is quite something in VR, you're just there!

I don't think you'd need to spend that much on the PC if you're willing to do the build yourself. I use my TV as my monitor so any extra cost there really depends on which room you'd want it in.

And which headset you need depends on what you want to do with VR.  If, like me, you're only interested in driving/flying stuff the Rift is just as good, if not better, than the Vive and is much cheaper (and generally has better software support).  I haven't got touch controllers for mine and I only have a single sensor, does the job for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I feel this game needs some more love.. so.. bump!

I can recommend the new Porsche DLC which includes a bunch of classic cars along with the 959 and Carrera GT as well as the Porsche test track. Some of the 70's cars are mental, with fantastic engine sounds.

Switching between this and GT Sport makes GT feel very sterile sometimes.

The new Opposite Lock assist makes it very playable with the pad tilt steering method now as well.

• 4 months later...

Me !

I never got round to doing induction with RSR, but I am racing with the Racedepartment crew.  (In fact, I'm off to the Sim Expo and Blancpain GT at the Nordschleife next month with some of them !)

They are soundly quicker by 2secs a lap than me though on even a short track lol!    I was actually racing in Raceroom though.

I still race most days in some regard. Bought a new rig, so have to !

Steam username is Colinmac. 

I think I've added you, but there are a few Colinmac's on Steam! 

I've gone off the competitive sim racing thing tbh.  I'd rather do something like the Tuesday night Gran Turismo sessions Joe organises on here, where we have a few people and do shorter races on tracks/in classes that are decided on there and then.  The full on league based thing is too competitive and not really that much fun for me.

9 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

I think I've added you, but there are a few Colinmac's on Steam! 

I've gone off the competitive sim racing thing tbh.  I'd rather do something like the Tuesday night Gran Turismo sessions Joe organises on here, where we have a few people and do shorter races on tracks/in classes that are decided on there and then.  The full on league based thing is too competitive and not really that much fun for me.

Right there with you. That sounds like it'd be a hoot if we can get some folks to get in and have a bit of fun. 

I'll take a look and add you meantime.