Jump to content
rllmuk
Mr. Gerbik

The Retropie thread - use a Raspberry Pi for the ultimate under-the-TV emulation station!

Recommended Posts

On 24/05/2019 at 08:30, Dudley said:

These are fixable things of course.

 

I have a vague feeling that both buttons might have been jump on SMS tbf.

 

What else can they be? Sonic can only jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for help from the people who have the Picade I keep a error when trying to download the Picade hat installler And was hoping other have had this problem  the error message is:

 

Updating apt indexes...

.......w. Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/pipplware/dists/jessie/main/binary/ ./Packages 403 Forbidden [IP:54.93.138.218.89]

 

W: Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/pipplware/dists/Jessie/armv7/binary/ ./Packages 403 Forbidden [IP:54.93.138.218 80]

 

E:some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead

 

Apt failed to upgrade indexes!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting back into using my Pi and wanted to get a new controller for it. Was looking to get a Wii U Pro controller but can't seem to find any for a decent price and wondered if anyone knew if either of these two controllers are compatable:

Jevogh and CooleedTEK

Looking at the Question and Answers for both, there are conflicting responses if either will work with the Pi

If anyone has other suggestions, I don't mind hard wired or wireless.

Also, if I go down the route of a SNES style, may get this Buffalo Gamepad, there is a newer version BSGP815GY but can't see what the difference is, in regards to the hardware, there is a longer wait for delivery for the newer one but can not see the difference in the kit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're wanting something analogue then?

 

SNES style the Buffalos are 2nd only to 8bitDo from what I hear.

 

But I have a pair of much cheaper ones and they're perfectly good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 21:52, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Looking for help from the people who have the Picade I keep a error when trying to download the Picade hat installler And was hoping other have had this problem  the error message is:

 

Updating apt indexes...

.......w. Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/pipplware/dists/jessie/main/binary/ ./Packages 403 Forbidden [IP:54.93.138.218.89]

 

W: Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/pipplware/dists/Jessie/armv7/binary/ ./Packages 403 Forbidden [IP:54.93.138.218 80]

 

E:some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead

 

Apt failed to upgrade indexes!

 

 

 

Does this help at all?

 

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/11893/solved-update-issue

 

In particular this line:

 

Another way is to remove the pipplware file from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ folder.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2019 at 13:28, grounded_dreams said:

Just getting back into using my Pi and wanted to get a new controller for it. Was looking to get a Wii U Pro controller but can't seem to find any for a decent price and wondered if anyone knew if either of these two controllers are compatable:

Jevogh and CooleedTEK

Looking at the Question and Answers for both, there are conflicting responses if either will work with the Pi

If anyone has other suggestions, I don't mind hard wired or wireless.

Also, if I go down the route of a SNES style, may get this Buffalo Gamepad, there is a newer version BSGP815GY but can't see what the difference is, in regards to the hardware, there is a longer wait for delivery for the newer one but can not see the difference in the kit.

 

 

I've got a couple of the CooleedTEK ones and they work fine with on the Raspberry Pi.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for some guidance on pre-built images. Unfortunately, the video links in the OP are now dead, but I've been looking at potential images from a site with the title Punk in it (not sure if we are allowed to refer to the websites so just being careful) and I've found a 32gig one I'm interested in called DynamicDuo. Watching videos and reading websites on them, they seem to only discuss the content not really how to actually install them.

On my current setup I have an 8gig micro SD card which has Retropie on, plus I use a USB stick for my games which I also attached to my Pi. I can't work out if I would be able to use balenaEtcher on my Mac to format a 32gig USB stick to add the above (or any other) image and then just stick it into the Pi (assume I would need to remove the micro SD card which is running retro pie first so there is no conflict) and it will just boot and run fine? Or do I need to get a larger micro SD card to do this?

 

Any help would be grateful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@grounded_dreams I've not done it personally but you should be able to run just from the usb once you have created it from the image you've downloaded. 

 

You'll probably need to remove your sd card or it will boot from that by default. 

 

You may have to explicitly tell your pi to boot from usb though. See this link for an explanation of whether you need to change anything (model dependent) and how to do it. 

 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/msd.md

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrMorgasaurus said:

@grounded_dreams I've not done it personally but you should be able to run just from the usb once you have created it from the image you've downloaded. 

 

You'll probably need to remove your sd card or it will boot from that by default. 

 

You may have to explicitly tell your pi to boot from usb though. See this link for an explanation of whether you need to change anything (model dependent) and how to do it. 

 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/msd.md

 

Excellent, that is helpful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.