Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

31 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Who the fuck made this? It can't be the same people who dropped Destiny 1 back in 2014. It's glorious. I'm going to start bringing in a PS4 pad to work so I can play at lunch too.

It's quite a difference isn't it? I really didn't get on with Destiny and thought it was over hyped for what it was but this! Oh boy this! Incredible music that could be ripped straight out of Ori and the blind forest, art direction from Gears of War and the best playing Halo game since Halo 3. I'm glad I took the punt on this because so far it's everything Destiny should have been.

4 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

... wut?

This game has more colour than No Man's Sky! 

and so did the Gears of War games when you got into them! (particularly in 3, Judgment and 4) I've only done earth in D2: The Might Ducks but it really seems to buy fully into the whole destroyed beauty concept that Gears of War goes for. It's gorgeous and I love exploring caves and seeing banners adorning the environment, there's just so much detail it's incredible. I've never seen so much purple since the Truth & Reconciliation.

42 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

I wouldn't say boring but I'm really not liking their decision and i can't help feeling it's ultimately down to PvP balancing. They could at least give us more purple ammo in PvE to redress the balance a little.

A note on public events:

Hide contents

Reading that if you unlock all the bubble shields on the walker ones it becomes a heroic event. Dunno how true this is and are there heroic versions of other events?

Yeah, as I understand it all public events have an Heroic modifier. So, a secondary objective you need to do that makes it drop more loot.

42 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

I wouldn't say boring but I'm really not liking their decision and i can't help feeling it's ultimately down to PvP balancing. They could at least give us more purple ammo in PvE to redress the balance a little.

A note on public events:

Hide contents

Reading that if you unlock all the bubble shields on the walker ones it becomes a heroic event. Dunno how true this is and are there heroic versions of other events?

Ah so THAT's how that happened. We had that last night and it was confusing as fuck because we had just opened up the second set of scorch cannons, killed the walker, and then it dropped down a second one and we took that one out no problem. The other one was the glimmer drill, but we thought that shit was a glitch lol

1 minute ago, Wishdokta said:

The campaign looks, sounds and plays so well I wish they would make a solo heroic and legendary mode. My only complaint is that it was a tad easy.

Just wear and wield shitter gear. Get your light level down to the recommended or even below. 

Speaking about events, I find it awesome as fuck that you can see where the next one is and how long it will be until it starts directly on the map now because that was one of the biggest pains in the backside ever in Destiny 1 where you had weapons that you had to do shit with and had to use a timer app to hit and miss where the next one would be at.

The Map, OH the map is so glorious this time round because you can actually fast travel to different locations inside the same planet *does a happy dance* I'm actually really enjoying not knowing where the fuck anything is now. I had a good laugh yesterday when I fast travelled back to the start area of the EDZ, my mates asked where the hell and I had gone, and when I told them I fast travelled back they both let out a "You did what??" in unison. I am absolutely loving this so hard so far.

1 hour ago, Black Cat Supremacist said:

Unusually I've been fine with the platforming so far but over the years Bungie have added more and more of it into Destiny. I'm not really sure why.

I didn't mind the platforming in D1 - and I don't mind it too much in this.

The Warlock jump feels slowly and more floaty though :(

Question about the Exodus mission right at the start:

Is the idea that you survive for as long as you can, and when you cark it you get rescued by that woman? I got the impression when the dogs started attacking that it was like very last bit of Reach where you have to hold out as long as you can. I got as far as making a jump towards the eagle, fell down a cliff, then it cut to the cutscene. But maybe that's what everyone does.

I'm not overly liking the binary "atonement" options of classes - but good lord the Void Warlocks Hunger build is silly. :o

Melee or Grenade to activate devour for 9s, so kills heal you. Kills also extend the buff back to 9s, kills also give 20% grenade energy back...

Pretty useless against bigger enemies, but in waves/rooms of little ones you become a beast

Also the "firebolt" tracking grenade is insane.