Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

11 hours ago, Moodmon said:

I had zero interest in trials before, and zero interest now.  That’s because I don’t fancy playing a stressful game mode.  However it sucks for those who do want to play it as Bungie keep making idiotic decisions.

You can only get armour by going flawless.  This week you can only get gloves.  It can roll with shitty stats like most armour in the game.  You can also only get three weapons this week (I think they drop at three, five and seven wins).  If you want the auto, shotgun or sniper then come back next week.  Any tokens you get during a run only gives you a chance of what you earnt before, if you are still waiting say for the rocket launcher it will never drop from tokens till it drops from the card.  There are no adept weapons.

It is a series of terrible design decisions.  Reused loot, having to come back and go flawless every week for the full armour set, the lighthouse maybe offering an ascendant shard if you are lucky.  I cannot help but put on my spinfoil hat again and think they have about three people working on the game now.  I mean out of the new stuff you can get right now, the hunter exotic is already disabled because there is a bug that causes infinite blocking.

There does not feel enough stuff here, the new PvE activity is more bounty grinding, only this time with a power level wall behind it for reasons best known to Bungie (new lost sectors and event are near the 1000 power level mark).  It is more running the same activities, for pretty much he same loot.

Whilst I agree with a lot of this, just thought it was worth mentioning that one of the community managers has confirmed that armour will drop some weeks at 3, 5, or 7 wins - it’s on rotation so not limited to flawless runs. 

Okay, so champions in the bunker aren't invincible after all. :P I was able to defeat them with Overload Rounds, but I guess any mod that talks about shield disruption will help. Originally I simply couldn't do enough damage to counter the regeneration, and my efforts continued until I ran out of ammo...

I think it’s symptomatic of a wider issue in the industry where DLC can’t be linked to gameplay because pay to win is bad but now the primary revenue of all these games is fundamentally tied to things that don’t actually affect the game. Early DLCs from Destiny were built around what new things you could do in the game. Now we’re in a place where they’ve got literally the whole remaining team on the meaningless cosmetics store and every season the gameplay is just a slight variation on the same horde mode.

On 14/03/2020 at 19:38, Marmite said:

Whilst I agree with a lot of this, just thought it was worth mentioning that one of the community managers has confirmed that armour will drop some weeks at 3, 5, or 7 wins - it’s on rotation so not limited to flawless runs. 

That does make it better.  Does highlight the woeful communication from Bungie again.  I can understand people moaning, without the clarification it would have looked like all the armour is flawless.  I still don't think it is a good look that depending on how the rotation falls you might have to play trials every single week to get a chance of the full armour set if you cannot go flawless.

I don't mind the idea of there being interesting builds like those above, or the charged with light builds from last season.  Problem here is you have to get the bunkers up to level 3 just to get a weapon, which is an awful lot of grinding.  Well, not like there is anything else PvE wise to do this season.

So everyone's going back up the slide if they fail to get enough momentum to jump into Rasputin and KO their guardian, right? Right? I can't decide whether it's as fun as the seraph tower event or better...

mEANJ4W.gif

• 2 months later...

Possibly a Fortnite style live event tomorrow at 5pm BST.

Those unfortunate enough to have put enough time into what must be the worst ever season of PVE content have been running public events to power up Rasputin. Tomorrow is the day where the Warmind takes aim at the Almighty. 

Datamined that the reward for watching it is an

emblem

Not quite sure how a live event is in line with Bungie trying to move away from fomo style events/rewards mind.

Also given some of the reported engine woes its possible this wont be a live event at all, could just be a cutscene unlocking at 5pm.

2 hours ago, Janski said:

Possibly a Fortnite style live event tomorrow at 5pm BST.

Those unfortunate enough to have put enough time into what must be the worst ever season of PVE content have been running public events to power up Rasputin. Tomorrow is the day where the Warmind takes aim at the Almighty. 

Datamined that the reward for watching it is an

Reveal hidden contents

emblem

Not quite sure how a live event is in line with Bungie trying to move away from fomo style events/rewards mind.

Also given some of the reported engine woes its possible this wont be a live event at all, could just be a cutscene unlocking at 5pm.

I dropped off before Christmas due to the terrible and lazy content that Bungie keep making but live in hope that they will recapture some of the Taken King or Forsaken magic. If the rumours that the September expansion was originally meant to be Destiny 3 before they bought out Activision are true (they probably aren't :rolleyes:) then I'll take a look. It needs a SERIOUS sandbox content shakeup though. 

The Fortnite events are always pretty spectacular, if they can replicate one of those they should get some much needed excitement going. 

That's the sign of daily reset, when the new adventure thing pops up.  Meanwhile I'm sat here staring at the skybox to do something.

Did they fuck up again?