rllmuk

Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

8 hours ago, Phelan said:

Use The Vow if you got it in the Valentines Month. Draw is around 600 so much faster than other bows and has good impact. I'm smashing it with it.

Stand back. Kill everything. Let your team mates collect all the motes while you provide cover.

An Arsenic Bite with Archer's Tempo and Rampage would also be a good choice. 

Bows aren't really in a great place though, hopefully they've looked at them alongside the buff for Scouts in Shadowkeep. 

I mean i've already finished the bow kills part of that quest, just moaning that it's such a poor choice of weapon in a Gambit game, really off meta to the extent it drastically reduces your chances of winning imo. 

for the record, i used trinity ghoul for ages and then the black armoury bow with rampage and so i could run Jotunn to actually be helpful to my team in some way. 

28 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Part II of the Director's Cut is up -= https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48064

Biggest news is that every single piece of equipment in your inventory is all getting raised to power level 750 when Shadowkeep hits. So, stop infusing stuff now if you don't need to I guess. 

So...there's literally no point in me playing it ATM?

I don't know if him saying that is incredibly stupid or smart.

Any players here who don't have 750 characters? Do you want to play now?

Cos my Titan is 705-summet, and I was gonna grind my ass off for Solstice gear to get up to 750 now but I mean, now there's no point soooooo...

Oh and before the "because it's fun to play the game?" reply comes in - yes it is, it's so fun I've ploughed an ungodly number of days (not hours, days!) into this game but hasn't Luke Smith essentially just given me a Destiny 'holiday'?

*Looks at pile of shame...*

I realise I'm an edge case but that news has just made me want to properly level to 750 while I still can, as I've never done it before.

Although I'm already getting a bit sick of The Insight Terminus!

1 hour ago, tnman said:

I don't know if him saying that is incredibly stupid or smart.

Any players here who don't have 750 characters? Do you want to play now?

Cos my Titan is 705-summet, and I was gonna grind my ass off for Solstice gear to get up to 750 now but I mean, now there's no point soooooo...

Oh and before the "because it's fun to play the game?" reply comes in - yes it is, it's so fun I've ploughed an ungodly number of days (not hours, days!) into this game but hasn't Luke Smith essentially just given me a Destiny 'holiday'?

*Looks at pile of shame...*

I guess the only point to getting Solstice armor up to Legendary at this point is so you have its 2.0 equivalent ready for you from the Gunsmith when Shadowkeep drops. It's the only armor that will immediately be waiting for you as 2.0-ready on day 1. 

I'm just chasing Pinnacle/exotic weapons that I don't really have yet. It is somewhat refreshing not to have to worry about the Power chase, at least for a little while.

I'd just finished getting Solstice armour on all three classes, having played only Hunter in D2 until a couple of weeks ago. That means I'm now completing the Forsaken content with 750 power and it is absurdly easy. This would seem like an odd experience for people coming in for New Light.

On 15/08/2019 at 22:33, pledge said:

I'd just finished getting Solstice armour on all three classes, having played only Hunter in D2 until a couple of weeks ago. That means I'm now completing the Forsaken content with 750 power and it is absurdly easy. This would seem like an odd experience for people coming in for New Light.

Did you level two new characters in the other classes or did you already have them reasonably leveled?

(reason I ask is I've only ever played one character, a Warlock, and I'm wondering how long it'd take to level up the other classes)

I had them up to the end of the original D2. Took them through Curse and Warmind whilst doing the Solstice, which more or less got me to level 50. The earlier armour was only around 300 light though so the strike part was a bit harder as had to pick lower level strikes and wait for people to play with. But then once the solstice armour is completed it dropped immediately at 750.

I’d say each took me about 15 hours.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

Can anyone who’s completed the Majestic Solstice Armour confirm what determines the element it drops at?  

I’ve read a lot about people saying it’s dependant on class but others say it’s random or determined by the element of the day?

I think its class specific as my Titan is void, my hunter is arc and my warlock is solar - the sets shown in Bungie's recent armour 2.0 preview had the same elements I believe.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

I think its class specific as my Titan is void, my hunter is arc and my warlock is solar - the sets shown in Bungie's recent armour 2.0 preview had the same elements I believe.

Yeah my Hunter is Arc, Titan is Void and my Warlock is Solar also.

It is a shame you can't pick and choose but such is life.

Its a bit shit because in shadowkeep they keep the energy they are now, and yet you only get the one set. Probably why they allowed us to have them as a 2.0 set tbh, as they knew we'd need to get 2 other sets with different energy.

Cross-save functionality is now up. Just went through the process myself, no problems whatsoever. All of my PS4 stuff (aside from 200 Silver, which I'll somehow live without) is now available on PC.

100 FOV, 1440p at 60fps, and I even bothered to dig out the little paddles for my Xbox elite controller. I'm never going back - even if I do end up getting completely tanked by mouse and keyboard users in Crucible...

So if I buy the PC version now I can have all my stuff from my PS4 character on there? When is the free version out? Will it be worth playing or is it going to be like getting into Destiny by buying the previous version?

Yes, you can transfer characters from PS4 to PC (or vice versa etc). Free version comes out on October 1 alongside Shadowkeep, it'll have a tonne of stuff though obviously if you want the real progression game you'll need to buy the new stuff. There's a good couple of months' worth of stuff in there though.

Made the switch to PC last night. Only got about half an hour in before the servers shat the bed but my word, those frames are nice.

I think (but haven't looked it up) that everything pre-Forsaken goes Free when Shadowkeep comes out. So I think you'd get the new locations to run round in patrol, and the new Strikes, but you won't get the campaign, the Exotic weapons, the endgame stuff (Raids.) I assume you also don't get access to things like the Foundries etc in the Annual Pass, but don't know.

Is the annual pass like a season pass? This sounds like a bit of a mess. How many things will there be to buy when Shadowkeep comes out? Just that or that and a pass I guess. Is shadowkeep the standard £40 fee to keep playing Destiny?

Shadowkeep is £30 for normal, £50 for deluxe which has the next annual pass included.

If you want to get fully up to date then the Forsaken bundle on bnet (I assume you're on PC?) is £35 which includes the last expansion (Forsaken) and the prior annual pass. If you don't want either of those then New Light will give you everything up to Forsaken and the annual pass, including all the strikes (regardless of where they're from) crucible, both Gambit and Gambit Prime (not Reckoning) and the patrol zones from all the worlds including Forsaken and Shadowkeep stuff.

They surely are going to offer a package that bundles Shadowkeep with the Forsaken stuff - they always have previously.  Complicated I guess by the Free to play version offering almost everything but not quite everything from D2 to date?

I dunno I'm coming over from PS4 to PC - I got my monies worth from Forsaken's content but didn't do the Annual Pass so seems pointless to pay for D2 now when I can bring my character over for free in October and play the expansion and I've played most of Forsaken already.  I'd like to get started now and have a play with the current season stuff but I'm not paying £35 for that and then another £50 in October when I've already paid for 90% of it once on another format.

Kind of feels like they should have gone cross licence with the transfer facility - would have gained them a lot of good will.

So....sorry....currently I’ve got a 750 Hunter on PS4,  if I wanted to start a Warlock on PC (but with Cross Save enabled) could I just play New Light on PC and share my paid for loot through the vault from things like Forges/Drifter/Opulence?  I guess it’s a no, assume I’d need to buy Forsaken/Y2 pass on Steam? 

Any gear you earned would be viable to be transferred yes. As long as you linked the accounts.

You'll have to wait until it launches on Steam (unless you picked it up on PC when it was free on Bnet) link the accounts (making the PS4 the main) enable cross save and then everything would be hunky dorey.

Am I right in thinking if I want to cross play the Forsaken campaign content on my PC and Xbox, I have to buy Forsaken again for Xbox?

And if I play the xbox version for anything other than cruicible or gambit then I'm limited to year 1 campaign content?

It's weird to be thinking about going back to Destiny 2. I never finished Forsaken or checked out any of the other year 2 content other than an afternoon playing gambit.

29 minutes ago, matt0 said:

Am I right in thinking if I want to cross play the Forsaken campaign content on my PC and Xbox, I have to buy Forsaken again for Xbox?

And if I play the xbox version for anything other than cruicible or gambit then I'm limited to year 1 campaign content?

It's weird to be thinking about going back to Destiny 2. I never finished Forsaken or checked out any of the other year 2 content other than an afternoon playing gambit.

Yeah, you have to buy a copy for each format you want to play on up to shadow keep after they release the free content.

Edit: I mangled this, let me try again. After the free content is release you'd have to buy Shadow Keep for each format. I don't know what effect of owning shadow keep on one format and not the other would be.

• Upvote 1

Hmm...

Does anyone know if the year one power level caps still apply if you don't buy Forsaken or Shadowkeep? Basically, can I make any meaningful progress playing Cruicible and Gambit on the free version on the Xbox?