rllmuk

Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

I saw the Bad Juju ornament in Eververse and wondered when it was put back in.

I'm enjoying this again, still grinding away at the light level. Enhancement cores are a constant source of fucking irritation. Still, I've finally found a combination of guns that work for Gambit and it's fun when you're not with a bunch of fucking dingleberrys that throw away a lead on the Prime Evil (Primevil?).

The Banshee bounties make Enhancement Cores a lot easier to obtain - 3 per day and 2 weekly ones = 23 per week on top of the 2 per day off Spider if you have the shards. I'm swimming in them. Glimmer has been the main problem for me, but I recently discovered that ghost shells with the Treasure Hunter perk give 25% bonus glimmer to all sources, so its been a godsend the past week or so.

It won't be much of a problem now I'm post 740 but getting there was a chug. I was doing ok for glimmer up until this week, actually and now I'm down to less than 5k after being maxed out for a while. To be honest, remembering what this game was like for being stingy with loot for the longest time I can cope with the glimmer/enhancement core 'restrictions' just because there's much more to do now.

Oooook, I'm trying to get back into Destiny 2. I'm 352 Light but I'm just wandering around!

Do I just do the usual Strikes and Nightfalls and missions to grind up the Light or if there anything new to do these days?

13 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Oooook, I'm trying to get back into Destiny 2. I'm 352 Light but I'm just wandering around!

Do I just do the usual Strikes and Nightfalls and missions to grind up the Light or if there anything new to do these days?

Do you have Forsaken/Annual Pass? 

Pretty sure the power cap if you don't have Forsaken is 400 so you've not got much you can do? 

It's touch and go if buying Forsaken and the Annual Pass is worth it given the next expansion is due in September. 

If you did buy the expansion, once you've beaten the Forsaken campaign and hit level 50, you can buy power 690 blue armour from one of the tower vendors for glimmer which puts you just shy of the 750 power cap and there's so many ways to get power drops you can hit the power cap in 3-4 weeks casually. 

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

I currently have everything on PS4. I want to start playing on PC in September. I see the Shadowkeep pack for sale on Steam. It does not include Forsaken.

Do I need to buy Destiny 2 + Forsaken now on Battlenet, and then buy Shadowkeep on Steam? And then transfer all of my licenses across to Steam? I saw someone say that Forsaken will be available on Steam as of September 17 when the contract with Activision expires, but I'd like to know for sure...

Bit about September's new artefacts system from Noseworthy and Smith via Polygon:

Smith suggested that players will slot mods into their new Artifact each season, some of which could seriously impact player powers or abilities. At the end of the season, players will replace their Artifact with something completely new, with new mods and abilities. 

Bungie intends to use Artifacts to test new kinds of abilities each season. Presumably, this allows the studio to experiment with more creative builds for players to test out without creating a problem it needs to fix down the line. Since all seasonal mods expire after three months, the problems of power creep should solve themselves by the end of each season. 

Smith was clear that just because a mod goes away now doesn’t mean it’ll never come back again. If players love a specific new mechanic and want it to return, the studio is open to obliging its audience. But more importantly, the studio remains dedicated to creating new ways for players to customize their Guardians. 

Noseworthy reiterated Smith’s point. “We think of every season having some kind of flavor,” said Noseworthy. He added that the team wants players to push their characters in completely new directions or builds each season.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48006

Solstice of Heroes goes live on 30th July, but the big news is the following:

"We know that while upgrading these sets is a fun experience, it does take a commitment of time and effort. Lest it feel like a bummer earning this set just to have the new armor system make it somewhat obsolete when Shadowkeep releases, we decided, based on player feedback, to make the Solstice of Heroes armor set the first armor 2.0 set you will receive (assuming you earn it, of course). Whatever full Legendary sets you earn now will have their new armor 2.0 versions waiting for you to pick up from the Gunsmith when Shadowkeep releases. You will be able to see only the set for the character you are logged in as; you will have to switch characters to claim other eligible sets."

Alright I'm back at this and...well...baffled!

Started doing all the quests and then into the Menagerie and I don't know if we were all underpowered but it took us 50 mins just to complete the final boss!!

Does seem to be a better game at the moment though.

Menagerie is a good way to level up.  If you’ve a slot with a particularly low light level you can pick that for your reward. Means you can avoid the frustration of, for example, having a chest 10 below everything else and never getting it to drop from powerful rewards. 

Not found what I'm using on Hunter yet but my Warlock was Eye Of Another World until I found the Contraverse Hold because charged void grenade recharge on hit is the absolute tits, and the Impact Induction (melee hits recharge grenade) is just the icing on a purple violence cake.

• Upvote 1

The most obvious/ubiquitous PvE exotics for those two classes:

Hunter

Arcstrider - Raiden Flux, because who doesn't want a longer-lasting Arc Staff?

Gunslinger, bottom tree - Celestial Nighthawk, for massive boss damage in Golden Gun

Gunslinger, middle tree - Shards of Galanor if you want your Blade Barrage back quite quickly, Ophidia Spathe if Brawler is on for those double fans of knives (for fans of knives)

Nightstalker, top tree - Orpheus Rig, because who doesn't want more tethers?

Warlock

Stormcaller, middle tree - Geomag Stabilizers, because Chaos Reach is another great single-target super and this makes it last longer

Dawnblade, middle tree - Well of Radiance is probably the best support super in the game, and is also very useful even if you're completely solo (though obviously not as useful as in a group). Take your pick between Phoenix Protocol, which might mean almost endless back-to-back Wells, or Lunfacation Boots, where not having to reload at all in a Well gives an essential single-target DPS boost

Voidwalker, usually top tree - Skull of Dire Ahamkara; although subject to a recent nerf, if you pick your targets you still get a massive boost towards your next super when you unleash a Slowva on a group of enemies

Obviously there are lots of others that can be even more useful in specific situations, but generally speaking it's relatively unusual to find a PvE Hunter/Warlock that isn't kitted out with one of those particular combos.

• Upvote 3

Looking at the later requirements for the solstice armour I'm unlikely to be able to do it, as they all require having a proper fireteam.

Not really a spoiler as they are listed on the collections tab, but just in case

Prestige nightfall with 200k

Shattered throne with 2 people 

Complete strikes with clanmates.