Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

EPing right now with 4 randoms (not going well) if someone wants to boost numbers on ps4

How rude. I was one of those randoms!:coffee: (I was just doing it for quick, easy kills to finish off the Polaris Lance masterwork)

5 hours ago, K said:

The grind for the Polaris catalyst is annoying, because the description implies you can just do any Lucky Fifth kills, whereas you actually need to kill enemies with the burn that happens after the initial explosion. It’s ridiculously obscure and counter-intuitive, but you can pull it off in about fifteen minutes on that farming spot on the leviathan. And the end result is phenomenally effective. 

Yeah, I just got that done. For some reason I thought it would take longer, but as you say, it was about 15 mins.

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

Can you only loot it once a week?

Er, I don't think so. But you need another key.

Tonight we hammered Spire of Star Prestige, and failed. :( We got to the bombs at the end three or four times, but it all fucked up after that.

However, I am now the proud owner of the Whisper of the Worm thanks to Lyrical and Ben. A massive thank you to both. :)

Also the owner of a set of Glencairns, thanks to me. Massive, I'm sure. You're welcome.

Prestige Spire has not been kind to us though. When I play through it I actually feel as if it's trivially easy now (the encounter seems like you can recite it rote), but it just won't fall over in the damage phase. Like a recalcitrant domino. Fake raid! Shame!

3 hours ago, Gorf King said:

the

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Er, I don't think so. But you need another key.

Tonight we hammered Spire of Star Prestige, and failed. :( We got to the bombs at the end three or four times, but it all fucked up after that.

However, I am now the proud owner of the Whisper of the Worm thanks to Lyrical and Ben. A massive thank you to both. :)

Ah - no key dropped on second run :)

Still it’s done

10 hours ago, Hexx said:

AND done. Got a bond :(

you will get armor in order. bond, legs, arms, chest, head. or some order like that. you need keys to open the chest. you can change seven green keys for one blue key with the mars vendor (Rasputin lady). but you can only do so once a week. and you can only hold seven green keys at a time. blue keys are charged by finishing escalation levels/ and this turns them purple. you can get green keys from heroic strikes, nightfalls and chests in spire of stars (raid). 

No warlocks :(

I've had a good time pottering about this. But only as a "dip back in". I'm not sure how people have played it for months :P I'd done the milestones by day 2, and luckily had Polaris/SS questlines to work on (and have been pottering about region chests)

Polaris Lance though :wub: Just need to catalyst it now.

I'd forgotten how hard it was to "catch" up LL. I want to 370-380 to decently contribute to EP/Worm etc - but at current rate that's 4-5 weeks away (SoH armor might change this). There's nothing I can do (e.g. commit more time) to catch up. Just weekly milestones. Have they given any hint if that nightmare of a progression system is returning for Foresaken?

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

No warlocks :(

I've had a good time pottering about this. But only as a "dip back in". I'm not sure how people have played it for months :P I'd done the milestones by day 2, and luckily had Polaris/SS questlines to work on (and have been pottering about region chests)

Polaris Lance though :wub: Just need to catalyst it now.

I'd forgotten how hard it was to "catch" up LL. I want to 370-380 to decently contribute to EP/Worm etc - but at current rate that's 4-5 weeks away (SoH armor might change this). There's nothing I can do (e.g. commit more time) to catch up. Just weekly milestones. Have they given any hint if that nightmare of a progression system is returning for Foresaken?

Since Warmind came out I've just been doing all the milestones apart from the raid and crucible one (got bored of that shit mode a few weeks ago) and I'm up to 382 now. They really do need to make it easier for non-raiders and solo players because it's just too much of a grind otherwise. Making exotics drop above your power level again would be a good start, I couldn't believe it when I saw they had changed that.