Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

Just now, BarryL85 said:

I've done heroic and it's not there now. Do they mean it will always be on the map when the event is on or permanently?

During the event so come 6 it should pop back on the map.

Looking for Whisper carries tonight, must have max-lvl Gally and 50 Crota clears.

Like the sound of that weapon-balance pass but they're off their head if they're sitting on it until Forsaken. Drop it early, build some buzz, sell more expansions. Come on, this stuff is easy.

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Looking for Whisper carries tonight, must have max-lvl Gally and 50 Crota clears.

Like the sound of that weapon-balance pass but they're off their head if they're sitting on it until Forsaken. Drop it early, build some buzz, sell more expansions. Come on, this stuff is easy.

I'm helping Kieran and Baz then if we get done quickly you know i'll help :) 

10 minutes ago, K said:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/5/17426600/destiny-2-faction-rally-sweet-business-catalyst

Just leaving this here in case there were any lingering concerns that grinding out the New Monarchy faction rally in a single week wasn't a worthwhile use of my time. Sweet Business - Destiny's best gun. Not my words, Carol - the words of polygon.com.

They should stick to what they know best: comic-book news.

6 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

They should stick to what they know best: comic-book news.

OK, but where else am I going to find out how the fan community is reacting to Netflix's She-Ra reboot?

9 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

I wondered if this was just the D1 grimoire at first.......and it looks like it actually is:

https://bungiestore.com/products/preorder-destiny-grimoire-anthology-volume-i

Yours for only $24.99....or free without the fancy pictures and book if you go here:

http://ishtar-collective.net/

Seems Bungie basically hired one of those lore youtubers (Not Byf, thank fuck) to write it:

1 hour ago, K said:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/5/17426600/destiny-2-faction-rally-sweet-business-catalyst

Just leaving this here in case there were any lingering concerns that grinding out the New Monarchy faction rally in a single week wasn't a worthwhile use of my time. Sweet Business - Destiny's best gun. Not my words, Carol - the words of polygon.com.

Good grief. It's a pretty unspectacular exotic unless it's paired with the War Rig.

12 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Seems Bungie basically hired one of those lore youtubers (Not Byf, thank fuck) to write it:

Good grief. It's a pretty unspectacular exotic unless it's paired with the War Rig.

what's wrong with Byf?

56 minutes ago, Oz said:

what's wrong with Byf?

Loves the sound of his own dreadful voice he puts on for his videos. Sounds like he's doing a parody of VaatiVidya but he's 100% serious.

25 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

His stupid fake plummy fake voice and stupid mispronunciations of oft-repeated words. Grating. Can't watch any of his stuff.

The way he pronounces Cabal is hilarious. 

5 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

They may well be doing that: the August 28 update contains the weapon slot changes, so it could also contain the PvP damage buff/TTK reduction. They're obviously introducing several core changes a week before Forsaken for the very reason you give, and I'd be a little surprised if they're not trying to get this one in there too.

Another thing from the Aug 28 update TWAB expands upon looks potentially great, too. I've never much liked the milestones as they work now, and the Director and Milestone and Challenges updates look like they could improve on those a lot:

There will be three ways to acquire Powerful Engrams in Forsaken:

• A whole new challenge system that will replace the way you have been tracking milestones. 
  • Specific quests and bounties will provide better gear, indicated by their summaries.
  • New mysteries are rarer sources—but if we told you about them, they wouldn’t be mysterious.

Most of these sources of power will be refreshed weekly or daily. Some will be one-time sources.

Once these changes are deployed into the wild, the “Milestones Blade” will call attention to these activities:

• Critical, required missions such as the main campaign or new subclass path pursuits
  • Next steps for quests or other aspects of the progression of your characters
  • Legacy milestones from Destiny 2 campaigns that aren’t becoming “challenges” or quests

l think the August 28 updates will entice a few people back, if only out of curiosity. Not sure it'll be enough to make Forsaken do big numbers though.

Game Informer has a bit more information on the transition to the new mod system (as well as some details about the revamp to milestones/bounties).

With Forsaken, mods will hopefully be useful enough that you’ll want to equip them, not have to. For one, mods will no longer offer a power boost, which means you won’t have a pressing need to equip a mod just to slightly increase your power. This means a couple of things: First, at Forsaken’s launch, only legendary mods will be available (no more combining rare mods!).

Second, it means a bit of house-cleaning. With your current mods becoming obsolete, you’ll have to make a quick run to the Gunsmith, who will take your old mods and trade them for components to make new ones. This does come with a slight downside: Because all mods are now designed to be more expressive, energy and heavy weapon mods will no longer act as a way to change the element of a given weapon. [my emphasis]

These new mods will be less about cooldown reductions and more about changes you’ll notice right away. A few mods Cotton was able to reveal to us were Icarus Grip (which improves your weapon’s accuracy while airborne), Radar Tuner (which decreases the time it takes for your radar to return after you’re done aiming your weapon), and Targeting Adjuster (which grants your weapon better target acquisition).

According to Cotton, bonuses like these will make mods more impactful overall. As a counterweight, mods will also be harder to acquire, but when you get one you like, it should feel like you’re making a weapon your own. “Ideally they aren’t something that you are swapping in and out regularly,” says Cotton. “[They’re] more something you use to put the finishing touches on your favorite weapons and armor.”

These changes also apply to raid weapons, which will use the same mod system, but also have access to unique raid mods. And while raid mods for the new raid that will follow Forsaken’s launch will be tailored to that specific raid, “there’s nothing stopping us from sneaking in some more universal raid mods in the future,” Cotton says.

Looks good, but does that mean we can't change the elemental damage of weapons any more? So... we'll need to keep a bigger collection of popular ones, assuming we get them to drop (or pull Y1s from collections) in the flavours we want?

Also, kind of wish I hadn't deleted all those mods I get all the time, and had built a far bigger pile of legendary ones. Get farming, farmers.

48 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Cue the frantic last-minute changing of your favourite weapons to what you reckon will be their most useful colour before they're set in stone forever. Especially the EP ones.

*sound of Ben laughing*

tenor.gif?itemid=4145137

Game Informer has a new video up. A wide-ranging interview that’ll probably find its way to YouTube, but which is marooned on their site for now. Among the highlights for me are:

• Whisper of the Worm is going to remain a power weapon.
  • Legendary armour will drop with a random bonus stat. This is not rerollable, but it can be upgraded and when it’s fully upgraded that makes it a masterwork. There will be no exotic armour MWs in Forsaken.
  • Weapon infusion works per slot: if you want to infuse an auto rifle, you can, even if you don’t have an AR to infuse into it - anything in that slot will do. But duplicates cost less to infuse than mismatching items.
  • Armour will roll with two random perks: one a modifier for abilities or weapons, the second related to ammo economy,
  • LMGs are not coming back in Forsaken.

I said the Whisper would remain a power weapon. Its the only sensible option given how powerful it is, but it also means that the Ikelos snipers are still going to be must haves for the energy slot, along with the shotties, as well as having all 3 element types - glad I did all that shit now *points to above gif* :)

I like that the armour will have 2 perks, and am all for random rolls on weapons, but for armour? Not so much. The weapon infusion change is a good one though, and makes far more sense when levelling, and in general really.

All in all, nothing too surprising there, but some nice info regardless.

19 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

His stupid voice.

19 hours ago, Gorf King said:

His stupid fake plummy fake voice and stupid mispronunciations of oft-repeated words. Grating. Can't watch any of his stuff.

19 hours ago, Mafro said:

Loves the sound of his own dreadful voice he puts on for his videos. Sounds like he's doing a parody of VaatiVidya but he's 100% serious.

The way he pronounces Cabal is hilarious. 

18 hours ago, Karde said:

"<Yadda yadda, some Latin rubbish> I'll see you starside"...... OH DO F#CK OFF

17 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I also played Gambit against him and some other UK YouTubers at E3 and got roundly shat on, but I promise I couldn’t stand him before that. 

giphy.gif