Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

43 minutes ago, Oz said:

I miss playing with lord scotland and his impossible bad luck. Also, whatever happened to Berties? Anyone seen him around? Maybe he is waiting in the wings for Crota to pop back up. 

I like how history has been rewritten to paint me as the hard done by party now.

Also: apparently not the worst jumper

Just now, Purin said:

Is Destiny worth playing casually, or is it pointless unless you are willing to devote half your life to it?

I miss the gunplay, but not the grind.

You can enjoy it solo and occasionally but it's still grindy. It is the nature of the beast to be fair.

Just now, BarryL85 said:

You can enjoy it solo and occasionally but it's still grindy. It is the nature of the beast to be fair.

Thanks, I do feel the pull to go back every now and again but remember why it's not for me.

54 minutes ago, Oz said:

I miss playing with lord scotland and his impossible bad luck. Also, whatever happened to Berties? Anyone seen him around? Maybe he is waiting in the wings for Crota to pop back up. 

:bye:

Still here, our late night raid crew are still on the go.

1 hour ago, markh said:

I like how history has been rewritten to paint me as the hard done by party now.

Also: apparently not the worst jumper

Oh fuck you've not tried Whisper yet, have you? Ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfu...

I'm fairly sure Benedict did sell Midnight Coup one week - I *think* I bought it off him rather than getting it as a drop. Might well be misremembering though.

2 hours ago, BarryL85 said:

Apparently it's not in Benedict 99-40's loot pool but he might sell it? Haven't seen any proof of this mind you and looks like he has also never sold it. Looks like we need to kill Calus more.

He was selling it the week Spire of Stars was released.

3 hours ago, berties paw said:

:bye:

Still here, our late night raid crew are still on the go.

~Hey Berties! good to hear from ya mate. and my regards to the late night crew. I hope Bungie allows cross play or cross saves at some point so I can get a raid carry or two. 

19 hours ago, Gorf King said:

Similarly, don't just do the normal Nightfall for its drop and the milestone; when you've done that, also do the prestige Nightfall, and turn the modifiers to easy (your choice of singe + Heavyweight modifier). This actually makes it easier than regular Nightfall and gives another powerful engram per character.

I finally managed to hit 385 last night as a soloist, doing all that. I didn't think about using modifiers to do the prestige Nightfall though, thanks for that. I assume having just looked, that you need to exchange the normal challenge card you get for doing your first Nightfall for a legendary one from Xur in order to access the Heavyweight modifier?

How does Forsaken link to Destiny 2 when you have the Season Pass? Is it just glorified DLC but billed as a stand-alone entry?

Apologies if I am going over old stuff here but thinking about getting back into Destiny as didn’t even scratch the surface of the Warmind DLC and Forsaken does look really interesting.

It's not a standalone entry, it's an expansion. It's going to be far bigger than the two year one DLCs - think Taken King, I guess - and it's not part of the year one season pass, it's the core game for year two, a paid expansion. To play the new content Forsaken contains (and to get the new gear) you must have bought - and I guess installed - the Osiris and Warmind DLCs. In terms of actually completing their stories, I'm not sure that's necessary.

It is a substantial expansion however, and even without it there have been many changes - and will be more - to the core game. Like weapons slots, mods etc. You don't need to have bought any DLC or expansion to get those.

The annual pass for year two will include three more content drops during the year on top of core Forsaken. There's a graphic a few pages back that outlines them, but there's no real detail yet. The safest bet (apart from not buying at all) is just to buy Forsaken without the annual pass and see what it's like.

I wondered if this was just the D1 grimoire at first.......and it looks like it actually is:

https://bungiestore.com/products/preorder-destiny-grimoire-anthology-volume-i

Bungie presents the Destiny Grimoire Anthology, a must-have collectible lore compendium designed and assembled for Destiny’s devoted and enlightened scholars and lore lovers, as well as fans of fantasy and science fiction storytelling.

Until now, the myths, mysteries, and machinations of the Destiny universe were found hidden throughout the worlds – enticing threads that hinted at a greater tapestry. The Destiny Grimoire Anthology weaves tales from multiple sources together for the first time, casting new light on Destiny’s most legendary heroes, infamous villains, and their greatest moments of triumph and tragedy.

Each unique volume intends to illuminate a facet of the world, and the complete anthology will confirm and challenge players’ thoughts and assumptions on what it means to be a Guardian, offering new and differing perspectives on the cosmic war that rages between the Traveler and its ancient enemies.

Volume I is titled Dark Mirror.

Yours for only $24.99....or free without the fancy pictures and book if you go here:

http://ishtar-collective.net/

Also, next stream is August 7th, thanks to TWAB:

Year Two Combat Reveal Stream
Tuesday, August 7, 10 AM PDT

Joining us again in one of the hot seats will be full-time Senior Sandbox Designer (and part-time rockstar) Jon Weisnewski. He makes some promises that we’ll keep when we go live on stream.

Newsk: Hello friends! If you’re a sharp-eyed PvP enthusiast, you may have noticed from some Forsaken coverage that the weapons are doing a bit more damage than they do in the current version of Destiny 2. If you’re a seasoned Destiny 2 player, you may then extrapolate the possibility of a global lethality pass on weapons and abilities that may or may not be in the pipe to go live when Forsaken is released. I’m here to quickly confirm that, along with weapon slots and ammo availability, we have globally adjusted the “time to kill” in the Crucible. If you’d like more details, join us on stream and we’ll get into it! See you then!

And that’s just one question we’ll answer beyond the shadow of a doubt. Tune in for a full demonstration of perks, mods, loadouts, and everything else you’ll need to know to best your fellow players in battle. We can’t give you skill, but we can equip you with a pre-mission briefing.

A look at the new Mods, finally!

On the issue of the Whisper of the Worm mission:

This activity will be available every week, and once you do unlock the Heroic version, it will stay unlocked.

So there we go lads, always unlocked on the map.

Fuck you reddit! (not really, but the people who started that rumour can certainly go do one!)

Yes, Forsaken is basically a PvP hero shooter. All raids and PvE content are being deleted, there are now no light or power levels, we have ten new classes but no new PvE content or mechanics at all, there's no loot, no RPG progression, no story, and we all just meet up to shoot each other in an objective-based third-person arena showdown with no story missions, strikes, public events, lost sectors, horde modes, or raids. It's all going to be a third person PvP game from now on, not a first person PvE persistent world RPG with more emphasis than ever on the PvE and RPG elements and better loot and customisation and a raid with at least five bosses in it.

So basically, no. And why.

2 hours ago, Phelan said:

I watched the new weapons and armour video and was left feeling like I was watching Overwatch - is that where the game is heading?

People in this thread seem to get very defensive when you mention the O word, but yeah they've got people from the Overwatch team working on the game now

5 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

On the issue of the Whisper of the Worm mission:

So there we go lads, always unlocked on the map.

Fuck you reddit! (not really, but the people who started that rumour can certainly go do one!)

I've done heroic and it's not there now. Do they mean it will always be on the map when the event is on or permanently?