Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

8 minutes ago, Larsen B said:

Redditing.

They should bring back the 5-bounty limit, and the need to go to the tower to redeem them with bountybot. Get rid of the ability to go straight to another location from the director without going to orbit first. I want more admin in Destiny. Less shooting, more micromanagement.

After 'almost' two-manning it, Scruff and I picked up a very helpful guy off LFG and bagged Whisper this afternoon. Just before I logged off I thought I might as well test the thing - obviously without catalyst - so since I was low on ammo I headed for the Leviathan entrance, home to many a sniper catalyst grind. And I might be missing something, but... is this thing broken? Because my other snipers don't usually do this...

(null)

Yep, it overpenetrates targets, and because White Nail does bonus precision damage and the gun has max impact it can one shot 2 enemies and still hit whatever is behind those even..

On our Argos kill I shot the boss' eyeball once, then killed 2 harpies that were divebombing some poor soul as they passed in front of the boss' nose, and it must have hit the boss as well as I saw 3 damage numbers pop up not 2, then hit the boss again for White Nail to proc and refill my magazine.

Thing is a monster at present, let alone with the catalyst.

10 minutes ago, Marmite said:

At least you’ve got the gun! 

Slightly annoyed they didn’t extend it a few more hours for all those in Europe not able to see the pubic event last night, but not massively surprised. 

They're usually pretty good at extending events if it's the US timezones getting fucked over.

Prestige raid lairs this week feature Gladiator: Melee kills buff weapon damage, and weapon kills buff melee damage. Synthoceps ahoy. Curated loadout is kinetic SMG, energy Auto Rifle and Rocket Launcher. 

Nightfall is Tree of Probabilities. 

In a shocking development, New Monarchy wins the faction rally. 3 for 3 there all you catalyst hounds, well done.

Not a bad modifier/loadout for prestige this week then. Likely the best we'll get I suspect.

SMG - Antiope or maybe Huckleberry?

Auto Rifle - Positive Outlook, Uriels etc.

Rocket - Sins or Curtain Call I guess. If it was Spire, it would be the 'Cliff, obviously.

I dunno why you’d waste an exotic slot on Huckleberry normally, but there aren’t any really compelling exotic auto rifles or any exotic rocket launchers at all, so why not. 

On the auto rifle slot, I’d go for Null Calamity 9 - massive clip, and a really nice feel to it. Like most of the forge weapons, it feels underrated. 

I think I'm going for Solemn Hymn because it has Grave Robber. Not my fave AR otherwise, but if you manage to keep switching between melee and weapon kills it'll come in handy. Obv being comfortable when hip-firing's also important.

Just forund this. There is a way to glitch into the Whisper mission right now with any class, so if you cant wait till Friday to try out the jumping section, then this is the only way to get in there right now. Video is about how to get to where the Traveller touched down on IO, but it does also show how to get into the mission, as thats the way to get to that area:

Depends on what you want to level to, and why. You'll need to complete the Osiris and Warmind story missions to access some end-game content, so you should run through the story missions first anyway.

If you haven't completed Osiris and the adventures that get marked up for you after that, do that, because they give you access to the Hidden Verses that grant you a Forge weapon from Brother Vance on completion, and Forge weapons drop up to max power level - so start doing those only once you've got to PL365 otherwise they're wasted as they're based on your current PL.

Also at 365, like Mike says, do as many milestones as possible each week. 

By far the quickest route is to do all that on multiple characters, as each character can do each milestone and the weapon drops boost all characters' PL and therefore the next drops they get. So the benefits of half the powerful engrams cascade across each character. 

The other key factor for levelling quickly is ideally to do the raid and raid lairs on each character every week. If you can, do the Prestige ones as well. This is unlikely to happen, certainly early on, but a top tip is that opening the first door from the Leviathan's Castellum gives you a powerful engram - if you can get five or six players together that's an easy win and should take 5-10mins at most. If you repeat that on Prestige you get another one; if you do that on each character there's six extra powerful engrams per week for little effort.

Similarly, don't just do the normal Nightfall for its drop and the milestone; when you've done that, also do the prestige Nightfall, and turn the modifiers to easy (your choice of singe + Heavyweight modifier). This actually makes it easier than regular Nightfall and gives another powerful engram per character.

When you get to a reasonable level (or get a carry), the key fragments you'll pick up from strikes and Nightfalls can be converted by Ana Bray into a key that you use to unlock the chest at the end of Escalation Protocol's seventh wave, and that gets you an armour piece that's powerful once a week (assuming you do it every week). 

On top of the more obvious weekly milestones, that's about it really.

5 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Says Uncle "whats this Crux of Crota thing I just got on my first kill?" Mike.

Careful there Scruff. That ledge looks nasty....oh you've fallen off. Again.

Ledge? You could put me in an small enclosed bubble and I'd still manage to find a way to drop to my death with that fuggin' Warlock excuse of a jump :( 

I miss playing with lord scotland and his impossible bad luck. Also, whatever happened to Berties? Anyone seen him around? Maybe he is waiting in the wings for Crota to pop back up. 

14 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

I felt bad for Lord Scotland who got the 400 Sidearm after we eventually killed Argos. Now that's bad luck.

Look on the brightside Scotland, you have a kick arse Rat King now! ;)