Jump to content

Destiny: Beyond DeeJ


Recommended Posts

Sorry I was late to the party yesterday. For 50% first timers you all did very well. Raidy bollocks is just about learning the routines and these routines are way more forgiving than earlier raids such as Crown of Sorrow boss. There’s a lot to take in one go, and running up and down the lifts sounds like a much more hectic job than mine. Getting to last stand after a few goes is pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who played a lot of Destiny 1, and very little Destiny 2, but planning too jump back in when the Series X enhanced version hits GamePass a week on Tuesday... should I be buying the Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions while they're half price in the sale?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rockboy said:

As someone who played a lot of Destiny 1, and very little Destiny 2, but planning too jump back in when the Series X enhanced version hits GamePass a week on Tuesday... should I be buying the Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions while they're half price in the sale?

 

If you have Game Pass they're all on there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2020 at 16:11, Qazimod said:

Okay, I just figured out how to do the Wrathborn Hunt and it was actually kind of nice. The main thing I liked about Nightmare Hunts was that they felt like a decent middle-ground between missions and strikes, and this seems to go for a similar vibe. At first I didn't understand the tracking phase but it's very similar to the scoutflies in Monster Hunter - just follow them to find your target. The battle at the end was pretty dicey on my own due to the "respawning restricted" caveat, but that made victory more satisfying. :) 

 

I wasn't really keeping track of which of the four hunts I had done, but I was holding onto three charges so today I just went through the ones that didn't sound familiar. I feel like if you're good enough to do one then you can do all of them - they all have a similar structure - but things can get dicey in those boss rooms. I was having fun with the olde ACD/0 Feedback Fence gauntlets though, since you can run around punching Thrall and letting them kill themselves via Fury Conductor :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Crucible, specifically Control, is a fucking chore with the Stasis powers. Iron Banana is going to be dire :(


Yeah it’s shite. It’s always been the weekly thing I looked forward to most, but I’m just not bothering at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carlospie said:

I agree. I used to love p v p. Now it's free, get smashed, hunter super, warlock super, crazy titan charge you, freeze, smashed, repeat. Stasis ruined destiny p v p

There are Stasis-based quests that require Vanguard / Gambit / PvP depending on which the player chooses to upgrade their subclass abilities, I'm sure it'll calm down soon enough.

 

*Also - there are no Stasis-based bounties from Zavala / Shaxx / that Gambit twat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m back into this. 
 

What in finding is that I’m not sure what I should be doing next. I started a new character and I have a dozen or so quests in my log for different things. I can see that one seems to be the beyond light line on Europa but the others are for various different things and I’m not sure where I should be going to get the most done. 
 

Is it best just main-line the Europa stuff? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I’m back into this. 
 

What in finding is that I’m not sure what I should be doing next. I started a new character and I have a dozen or so quests in my log for different things. I can see that one seems to be the beyond light line on Europa but the others are for various different things and I’m not sure where I should be going to get the most done. 
 

Is it best just main-line the Europa stuff? 

 

Be sure to go and grab the seasonal artifact in the Tower right away so you can start unlocking the mods on it, and the gun mission from Banshee too so you can start progressing it, but apart from that the seasonal stuff can wait really as it only becomes important for progression once you've hit 1200 light (which the story should get you to) and need the powerful drops. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is my map of the tower just going to flash until I use my exotic cypher? It requires an ascendant shard, a hundred planetary mats and 125k glimmer, I’m literally never going to be able to use it, and even if I manage to the season pass has another one that I can’t claim until I’ve used this one.

 

The resource grinding is pretty shit in general this season. I’m out of shards and glimmer, and don’t have any of the materials needed to buy upgrade modules from Banshee. I can’t even grind them as this week they’ve been mostly things from vaulted planets. So I’m not unable to infuse any of my more powerful gear into the stuff I actually use. Feels like progress has stalled completely and there’s very little in the way of obvious activities to do to get any of the things I need. I’d normally just play crucible but that’s broken at the moment. Already over 1220 with all three characters so normally I’d be looking for good armour rolls and guns I want to use, but the inability to infuse anything means I can’t do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broker said:

I can’t even grind them as this week they’ve been mostly things from vaulted planets.

 

Yeah that seems like a bit of a mistake. Seems like they should not be in the game at all now.

 

I used my exotic cypher on the only one I could buy. The remaining ones all require the raid currency though. You need quite a lot of it as well, so its not like you can do one raid and then get those. Seems fair enough though that raid kit is still locked behind doing raids, but means I'll never get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pledge said:

 

Yeah that seems like a bit of a mistake. Seems like they should not be in the game at all now.

 

I used my exotic cypher on the only one I could buy. The remaining ones all require the raid currency though. You need quite a lot of it as well, so its not like you can do one raid and then get those. Seems fair enough though that raid kit is still locked behind doing raids, but means I'll never get it.


You don’t technically need to do the raids to get the currency you need. Even if you don’t do the second one of these which looks like a major glitch faff, just going in and grabbing the first chest is a 5 minute job. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second bit looks insane, where do you residents if you fall of that? :lol:

 

Even the first one though, how do you navigate through that storm? He’s driving pretty fast through endless identical looking rocks, how is that section done normally?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:


You don’t technically need to do the raids to get the currency you need. Even if you don’t do the second one of these which looks like a major glitch faff, just going in and grabbing the first chest is a 5 minute job. 
 

 


Do you get the currency from old raids to? Eg last wish chest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pledge said:

 

Yeah that seems like a bit of a mistake. Seems like they should not be in the game at all now.

 

I used my exotic cypher on the only one I could buy. The remaining ones all require the raid currency though. You need quite a lot of it as well, so its not like you can do one raid and then get those. Seems fair enough though that raid kit is still locked behind doing raids, but means I'll never get it.

 

They're keeping them in for a set period of time (although I thought that it was only going to be Spider who had them) so people can use them up, but it definitely seems like a mistake to have both modules in a given day only available for vaulted materials. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.