Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

I can't join the clan (as I'm in one on the PS4 and I don't think it lets you join another on Xbox) but if you're short on numbers, I'd be up for doing some raids. There's a time difference (GMT+9) but I tend to get around this by playing on a weekend afternoon UK time. My Live name is the same as my username here. 

Might be looking to do it on an alt Xbox on Saturday so I can do the raid across all three formats. Prob need about 4 hours if you’ve never done it before (1 hour for all the encounters and 3 hours waiting for people to switch out all their mods and guns after every wipe).

Roll call and afternoon or evening preference? Suppose I could’ve used the online folder but that’s so 2013.

I'm a total noob to this and I'm a bit baffled. I'm following the main story I think but I only two main guns and they are both shite. Currently takes about twenty minutes of painful shooting to get to a boss who kills me. Am I missing something? How do I get more ammo? How do I get supercharged? Is anything explained at any point?

1 hour ago, luckypierre said:

I'll be on pretty much all night with Monkey. Zooki wanted to do it tonight again and I think @tnman also

Yeah I'll be on tonight, happy to raid again. Most likely I'll do it again on my Hunter and farm tokens, I don't think I'll have the materials to level up my alts. Unless... Pit speed run? :D

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I'm a total noob to this and I'm a bit baffled. I'm following the main story I think but I only two main guns and they are both shite. Currently takes about twenty minutes of painful shooting to get to a boss who kills me. Am I missing something? How do I get more ammo? How do I get supercharged? Is anything explained at any point?

You may find it helpful to follow the New Light storyline, which starts you off in the Cosmodrome with a fellow named Shaw Han. If you didn't get this quest line (perhaps you tried Destiny before the most recent update?) go to the Tower, and then face the Postmaster on your left. To the left of her is a small kiosk where you can pick up this quest line. Then, go to the Cosmodrome and take things slow to get a feel for the game and some gameplay loops.

You get more ammo by picking up bricks dead enemies leave behind. White is primary, green is special, and purple is heavy. You can see what ammo type a weapon uses on your inventory screen - there's an icon on each weapon's info.

You get supercharged over time - how long is determined by your intellect score rounded to the lower tenth - and by killing ads.

Lots is explained in the game but more isn't. Exploration and messing around is encouraged more than it used to be, but I don't doubt it's intimidating.

Champions have segmented orange health bars and tend to be the dudes with special buffs that need to be eliminated before you can really affect their health; they’ll have a little symbol by their name to show the type of buff (triangle: barrier, circle: overload, box: stagger) and you can find weapon mods that take care of the buffs (most commonly on your seasonal artifact.)

For example, below is a Barrier Champion:

tiger_release_final_20191003_190553.png

43 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can anyone explain to me what the game Classes as 'Champions'? I've been trying to get Empire Hunt III done and the fucking thing still has me on 0/5 Champions.

Basic Empire hunts you buy from Varijs don’t have them 

When you later unlock variable difficulty hunts (one each week) from the map heroic difficulty above will have champions 

Look at nightfall the odeal - you can see it has champions in its modifiers for those difficulties. The hunt will look the same 

11 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Basic Empire hunts you buy from Varijs don’t have them 

When you later unlock variable difficulty hunts (one each week) from the map heroic difficulty above will have champions 

Look at nightfall the odeal - you can see it has champions in its modifiers for those difficulties. The hunt will look the same 

Brilliant, thanks.

18 hours ago, tnman said:

Yeah I'll be on tonight, happy to raid again. Most likely I'll do it again on my Hunter and farm tokens, I don't think I'll have the materials to level up my alts. Unless... Pit speed run? :D

You may find it helpful to follow the New Light storyline, which starts you off in the Cosmodrome with a fellow named Shaw Han. If you didn't get this quest line (perhaps you tried Destiny before the most recent update?) go to the Tower, and then face the Postmaster on your left. To the left of her is a small kiosk where you can pick up this quest line. Then, go to the Cosmodrome and take things slow to get a feel for the game and some gameplay loops.

You get more ammo by picking up bricks dead enemies leave behind. White is primary, green is special, and purple is heavy. You can see what ammo type a weapon uses on your inventory screen - there's an icon on each weapon's info.

You get supercharged over time - how long is determined by your intellect score rounded to the lower tenth - and by killing ads.

Lots is explained in the game but more isn't. Exploration and messing around is encouraged more than it used to be, but I don't doubt it's intimidating.

Thanks for this, I've done this mission before so a bit confused, I guess it deleted my progress in the update?

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Thanks for the rllmuk help on the raid last night. I can't say it was an enjoyable experience so many mechanics going on! Might stick to strikes but happy to come along and learn if your ever short. 

That's always what it's like when learning a raid though. Imagine what it's like when NOBODY knows the mechanics. 

Thought the Control Room was a bit manic but the second encounter was fine, just a matter of getting it refined. Muscle memory always kicks in once you've done it a few times. 

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Thanks for the rllmuk help on the raid last night. I can't say it was an enjoyable experience so many mechanics going on! Might stick to strikes but happy to come along and learn if your ever short. 

All you had to deal with was getting the debuff shot off you, so, no, raids probably aren't for you! Raids only add layers as they continue. Thanks for joining though.

Don't worry about getting stressed, its always like that at first :D

I guarantee that after a few times it'll become second nature and to me that's the one of the most rewarding aspects of the game. The high level stuff that used to kick your ass becomes routine. Stuff where there's no challenge at all (like standard strikes) just becomes boring. 

Plus, you'll miss out on that sweet loot. 

38 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Tbf we were doing it at 2230 hours which is pretty late in the day to be learning/being shouted at :) (plus I only did that one time) 

Aye, the late start certainly hampered proceedings. luckypierre is right, too, one of the most rewarding aspects is putting a triumphant boot on the chest of raid content! The first encounter that took us like six hours on day one we can now just bash it out within two or three tries in 20 minutes.

Nobody was shouting though...

54 minutes ago, tnman said:

Aye, the late start certainly hampered proceedings. luckypierre is right, too, one of the most rewarding aspects is putting a triumphant boot on the chest of raid content! The first encounter that took us like six hours on day one we can now just bash it out within two or three tries in 20 minutes.

Nobody was shouting though...

I was at myself!