Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

Oh really? I wondered why I hadn't got it but I'm the same - bought game for £ and pass for silver.

Anyone finding anything odd with Overload champions? Especially in lost sectors? Can stagger them but they seem to recover FAST>

On 22/11/2020 at 10:24, tnman said:

To get No Time To Explain you have to have bought the digital deluxe edition or the Beyond Light and season bundle, I think.

Here's Rick Kackis with a raid guide:

Reveal hidden contents

Ooh dare not look. But definitely wouldn’t mind someone on our raid team taking a look and then subtly providing vague signposts if we get stuck figuring an encounter out @Mr Ben?

New Darkness mission from the Stranger after the reset (a new aspect I'd assume)

The Lament Sword shreds. Insane damage.

I'm doing pretty well on the Triumps - except for Brigs from the new Public event. You have to be in a fireteam. That's gonna be a right pain. 10 kills is the first level...and there are 4 levels.

On 21/11/2020 at 23:43, Hexx said:

Raid done 

New cutscene when you log in - 3 new quest lines (1 exotic) and dark zones on Europa

You can also unlock higher difficulty Empire Hunts, which is where you can get the new Exotic sniper Rifle Thunderlord-a-like Cloud Strike. 

There's still a few more things to unlock in Varik's sabotage perks too, will be interesting to see what gives us access to those. Vault of Glass, perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Shoot the men and don't die

I get an unwarranted reputation for pointlessly falling to my death (if you don’t count Crown Of Sorrow). Please refer to the Death Chart - redacted to save everyone’s blushes

2F6F5EF0-96CD-4914-A0F4-053EEC1694E0.jpeg

Cheers for the raid run last night @tnman @redbloodcel @luckypierre, mob-decimating sidearm fanatic Monkeykin (is he on rllmuk?) and of course the MVP our serendipitous LFG sherpa too. Great stuff, especially my slideways raid sniper. What an absolute god-rolled beauty that is... :mellow:

Apologies for my shitty mic, which I'll try and rectify. Looking forward to kicking the ass of the final boss at some point so feel free to shoot us an invite if you see me on.

Definitely up there with the best raids and it reminds me of Wrath of the Machine in some ways, not only in its aesthetic but also the sheer fun of the mechanics. Worth the 14-month wait since we last had a Destiny raid and a reminder that when done right there's little in gaming that can match them.

Especially when soundtracked with the likes of stirring melodic beauty such as this:

7 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Cheers for the raid run last night @tnman @redbloodcel @luckypierre, mob-decimating sidearm fanatic Monkeykin (is he on rllmuk?) and of course the MVP our serendipitous LFG sherpa too. Great stuff, especially my slideways raid sniper. What an absolute god-rolled beauty that is... :mellow:

Apologies for my shitty mic, which I'll try and rectify. Looking forward to kicking the ass of the final boss at some point so feel free to shoot us an invite if you see me on.

Definitely up there with the best raids and it reminds me of Wrath of the Machine in some ways, not only in its aesthetic but also the sheer fun of the mechanics. Worth the 14-month wait since we last had a Destiny raid and a reminder that when done right there's little in gaming that can match them.

Especially when soundtracked with the likes of stirring melodic beauty such as this:

Hints of Mass Effect to that. Lovely stuff. I usually turn the music off during raids as I can concentrate better but that is presumably not boss fight music? WOTM is also my favourite Destiny raid so looking forward to going in to this. If I ever get myself sorted for it, there is still so much to do and my enforced more causal approach to this game did not come at the right time :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

Are you playing on PC or PS5? I'm looking for a PS4/5 group to play with :)

Doing it on both PS5 and PC with different crews. I’ll call out to you on the Discord when we are inevitably short (think things will settle down once people’s LL are up and we can make more groups and those who only wanna see the raid once get bored).

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

I'd love to do the Raid. Have this in PS4 and PC so is it the rllmuk discord you're talking about?

Nah it’s a different PC one where they just talk about frame rates all day. But happy to do raids on any formats if anyone wanna set some time aside and some dates. Theres a few of us with x3 characters ready for loot.

35 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Nah it’s a different PC one where they just talk about frame rates RGB all day. But happy to do raids on any formats if anyone wanna set some time aside and some dates. Theres a few of us with x3 characters ready for loot.

:quote:

7 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Are you playing on PC or PS5? I'm looking for a PS4/5 group to play with :)

I'm probably going to come back when the PS5 update is out.  Would be interested in raiding again too.  Haven't really touched it since the initial Shadowkeep.

Xbox clan cleared the raid last night so there should be an engram waiting for everyone with Hawthorne. Go grab your loot! :)

Big thanks to @tnman @luckypierre, my partner in crime @redbloodcel and the other guys. Can see that becoming quite a slick operation in the coming weeks as once the roles are understood it’s not too difficult in comparison to the likes of Last Wish and King’s Fall. As I mentioned yesterday I’d put it on about a par with Wrath of the Machine in terms of difficulty and I used to love running that every week.

Having got two useless snipers and some mediocre low-stat armour (although it does look awesome) up to that point the end boss finally blessed me with a god-rolled replacement for my beloved and sadly sunsetted Hammerhead, so I was well made up with that. Took it through a lost sector immediately afterwards and it predictably annihilated everything in its path. :twisted:

Bungie have really done a great job with the raid weapons and armour this time. They look very cool and with raid-exclusive perks have been made highly desirable once again, which is something that I think raid drops have been lacking for a long time now.

It’s a cracking raid both aesthetically and mechanically and eminently doable for all but the most cack-handed of groups so I’d urge people to give it a try if you were previously intimidated by the prospect. Few things in gaming can match that feeling of beating a Destiny raid for the first time.

Now that the likes of the raid and the Exo Challenges are out in the wild I think this expansion has proved to be one of the best they’ve released. Not as broad as Forsaken (but that did have 3 studios working on it so that’s to be expected) but a lot deeper than it initially appeared and in terms of lore it’s undoubtedly one of the best. All the stuff with the Exos and Clovis Bray has been really well done and very intriguing to uncover. Bodes well for the upcoming couple of years in the game.

I’ve been away from gaming for a while, but the new season of Destiny has drawn me back so am definitely interested in raid attempts or other group activity on PS4. Only ever done one raid across both D1 and D2 but it was a brilliant experience.

20 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Xbox clan cleared the raid last night so there should be an engram waiting for everyone with Hawthorne. Go grab your loot! :)

Big thanks to @tnman @luckypierre, my partner in crime @redbloodcel and the other guys. Can see that becoming quite a slick operation in the coming weeks as once the roles are understood it’s not too difficult in comparison to the likes of Last Wish and King’s Fall. As I mentioned yesterday I’d put it on about a par with Wrath of the Machine in terms of difficulty and I used to love running that every week.

I'm also on xbox, desperate to get the raid done too. Feel free to invite me if youre looking for an extra for anything :)