Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

2 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I am actually a little sad you're going back to console Mikey :( 

You can transfer all your progress and cross save Ste. If you get BL you get auto boosted to 1050 anyway (which is what everyone started this expac at).

I feel like this is the generation that PC becomes unviable because it’s too reminiscent to Working From Home

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Cheers guys. I saw a review on steam that said all the old content is gone - as in removed?

Might pick it up next pay day. 

Some content has gone from past expansions but you can still DL, have a wonder around for free and shoot some mans and see if it still floats your boat.

4 hours ago, pinholestar said:

See my post earlier today on this page.

If you look at the symbol on the top left of gear and weapons the sunsetted stuff unable to be infused beyond 1060 has a white background.

Do you mean the little triangle in the top left corner? The ones that contain the icon for the DLC they were part of? I’ve got loads of random weapons that I’ve picked up on the rare occasions I’ve played it over the years, so would really like a clean out for this new season.

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

Do you mean the little triangle in the top left corner? The ones that contain the icon for the DLC they were part of? I’ve got loads of random weapons that I’ve picked up on the rare occasions I’ve played it over the years, so would really like a clean out for this new season.

Yep, that’s the symbol I’m referring to.

Although as someone mentioned earlier you can still use those weapons in patrols and other low-level content, so if there’s anything you really like then it’s worth hanging on to. Otherwise get rid and clean out that vault.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Most of the Machine Guns have been sunset so it'll be welcome. Hammerhead, 21% Delirium, Avalanche, Edgewise. Although I've just looked up the list of guns and there's a new Legendary one and probably some from raids and shit I'm never going to get. And Thunderlord, obvs. Hmm. Maybe I'm not that desperate for Machine guns...

They've just removed it from the monument kiosk now anyway :lol:

Classic Bungo

16 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Yep, that’s the symbol I’m referring to.

Although as someone mentioned earlier you can still use those weapons in patrols and other low-level content, so if there’s anything you really like then it’s worth hanging on to. Otherwise get rid and clean out that vault.

To be honest, my playtime on it has been so fragmented I’ve no idea what half of them even are. I think I’ll just break them all down and go with whatever I pick up. There’s no point keeping anything I can’t get over 1050, is there?

2 hours ago, bcofn said:

Feels a lot like the whole sunsetting thing is totally overblown. If you were reading the likes of reddit you'd think all those weapons were useless when they can still be used in the vast majority of the game where the minimum recommended power is 1050. The only weird standout for me is that Nightmare Hunts require a power level vastly higher than Shadowkeep I presume because there are triumphs tied to them but you can use the lecturn weapons in Pit of Heresy or the raid totally fine. They've just moved the levelling part of the game to purely the new part and make everything else a flat playground. It's actually what i've wanted them to do with WoW for a long time.

Vanguard strikes are now at a recommended light level of 1100.

I thought the main purpose of sunsetting was to stop overpowered pinnacle weapons in competitive matches.

I realise its primarily a PvP weapon and I’m a truly woeful PvP player so never came close to earning The Recluse but I bought it from the tower kiosk.  However, I’m finding I can’t really use it in any PvE activity other than patrol zones.

57 minutes ago, JPL said:

I used this to get rid of anything that could no longer be upgraded. Freed up around 200 slots in my vault lol

On 12/11/2020 at 12:32, Sloth said:

https://destinyrecipes.com/vault

Is useful for clearing out your vault.

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Cheers guys. I saw a review on steam that said all the old content is gone - as in removed?

Might pick it up next pay day. 

The free to play version has a new campaign that kind of reworks the Destiny 1 Cosmodrome stuff and you don’t need to buy the expansion to play it.

All gear is 1050 min again now so no need to worry about catching up, level playing field again for Year 4 

The momentum you gather during a Titan Stasis super really comes into its own when you’re at the bank in Gambit. I’ve had some satisfying moments where I’ve been freezing blockers and leaving crystals behind everywhere, and when an invader instinctively heads for the bank they just find dozens of crystals about to be charged through - good luck surviving that :D 

Putting the feelers out...

Who would be free for a semi-serious crack at the new Deep Stone Crypt raid when it releases next Saturday 21st at 5pm? Recommended light will be 1230, but if I'm honest it would be unlikely we would finish so 1220 is fine. However, we will need a solid 5 hours of free time to give it a good go.

As much as I hate to be that guy I'd like to be in a team with relatively strong DPS potential, so it would be great if you have Izanagi's Burden OR Xenophage OR Whisper of the Worm OR Divinity. You will need to have all Champion mods unlocked for your artifact.

I am willing to teach (if necessary) a run of Garden of Salvation (hello @luckypierre wanna help?) depending on how many interested people there are as it helps to have a sense of player unity before going in.

All runs on Xbox.

1 hour ago, tnman said:

Putting the feelers out...

Who would be free for a semi-serious crack at the new Deep Stone Crypt raid when it releases next Saturday 21st at 5pm? Recommended light will be 1230, but if I'm honest it would be unlikely we would finish so 1220 is fine. However, we will need a solid 5 hours of free time to give it a good go.

As much as I hate to be that guy I'd like to be in a team with relatively strong DPS potential, so it would be great if you have Izanagi's Burden OR Xenophage OR Whisper of the Worm OR Divinity. You will need to have all Champion mods unlocked for your artifact.

I am willing to teach (if necessary) a run of Garden of Salvation (hello @luckypierre wanna help?) depending on how many interested people there are as it helps to have a sense of player unity before going in.

All runs on Xbox.

Does Garden do decent drops still? If so wouldn’t mind blasting through that on the Xbox. What’s your IDs?

Not sure whether it’s because I transferred characters instead of starting from scratch, but the returning player experience is rather abrupt, to say the least :lol:

I start on an ice planet. I don’t remember there being an ice planet before when I last played (not long after the leviathan raid was released), but somehow I’m on it. Some stuff goes on, I rescue a guy called Varik and then I’m plopped back into the ice world. I can’t progress any story without buying Beyond Light. I can’t see a way to go back and do story I’ve missed to help me get up to speed. I can go do bounties and the little beacon missions, but that seems to be it. 

36 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not sure whether it’s because I transferred characters instead of starting from scratch, but the returning player experience is rather abrupt, to say the least :lol:

I start on an ice planet. I don’t remember there being an ice planet before when I last played (not long after the leviathan raid was released), but somehow I’m on it. Some stuff goes on, I rescue a guy called Varik and then I’m plopped back into the ice world. I can’t progress any story without buying Beyond Light. I can’t see a way to go back and do story I’ve missed to help me get up to speed. I can go do bounties and the little beacon missions, but that seems to be it. 

Unsure if you read any previous posts. 

About 89 percent of the game got 'vaulted' this week and is now incessible.