Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

Quick question please! - I fancy giving this another go since not really doing much with it after completing the campaign.  Am I right in saying it is FTP on PS4 and if I go PC is the Gamepass version any different?

1 minute ago, Parappa said:

Quick question please! - I fancy giving this another go since not really doing much with it after completing the campaign.  Am I right in saying it is FTP on PS4 and if I go PC is the Gamepass version any different?

The PC doesn't have a Game Pass version yet, that's coming next year. You can cross save your PS4 save with your PC though for when it does. The Xbox Game Pass version has Forsaken and Shadowkeep with it, which were the two expansions after Warmind and Osiris.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The PC doesn't have a Game Pass version yet, that's coming next year. You can cross save your PS4 save with your PC though for when it does. The Xbox Game Pass version has Forsaken and Shadowkeep with it, which were the two expansions after Warmind and Osiris.

Thanks Moose - think I wiill fire up the PS4 version for now and see how I get on.

Be warned most of the current content relies on having Shadowkeep and you’ll be frozen out of loads of the strikes etc if you just have New Light. Also most of the base game content is getting vaulted next month when Beyond Light launches.

If you have an Xbox and Gamepass definitely play it on there, dead easy to bring your PS4 guardian over 

I have one Triumph left to complete to get the Dredgen Seal. I need to complete the Malfeasance Exotic Quest and I am stuck at the step where you have to run the modified Corrupted Strike (the one on The Dreaming City). I tried to solo it for hours last night without success. Anyone fancy helping me over the weekend? I am on PS4.

Cheers.

Andy

17 minutes ago, Mercury said:

I have one Triumph left to complete to get the Dredgen Seal. I need to complete the Malfeasance Exotic Quest and I am stuck at the step where you have to run the modified Corrupted Strike (the one on The Dreaming City). I tried to solo it for hours last night without success. Anyone fancy helping me over the weekend? I am on PS4.

Cheers.

Andy

I'll help you out. PSN: pinholestar1

I'm in all weekend so let me know when's best for you and I'll jump on.

16 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

I'll help you out. PSN: pinholestar1

I'm in all weekend so let me know when's best for you and I'll jump on.

You are a superstar. Probably tomorrow evening but will ping you and fit in with when you are on. 

Just burn through the nightmare hunt for Skolas - 2 decoders every other run (for me anyway). He goes down really quick if you all have a Guilotine (sword). Spin to win, Guardians!

Well that's a bunch of ass. Started playing for the first time a few days ago and just tonight it froze up and now says "verifying content" everytime I try and reload it. Solutions seem to infer deleting and reinstalling the game will work but plenty saying it happens again and again so screw that, will just go back to Halo instead.

Edit - Sorry, losing my rag, I let the game do the check and 20 minutes later back in fine, patience! Just hope it isn't a common occurrence as I am starting to enjoy it.

OK, getting addicted to this now! Just getting used to everything still and haven't tried all of the game modes but it is so much fun.

I'm mopping up the legacy campaign before it disappears next month and completed my first heroic event on the android planet after having done a load of smaller missions and exploration on Earth.

Playing mainly solo but Is there a Rllmuk clan that is joinable (Xbox)?

Now that I've made my peace with the fact that the pinnacle quest weapons are being vaulted I don't give a fuck about grinding 80,000 headshots in crucible with a sniper rifle, or umpty fuck kills with a linear fusion rifle and thank fuck for that.

New gen notes...

The stars have aligned, and the next generation of console gameplay begins in the launch window for Beyond Light. As we continue to improve Destiny 2, we’re taking the opportunity to optimize the experience you’ll have on this new hardware.  The next generation optimized version of Destiny 2 will launch on December 8. While things like faster load times and cross-generation play will be available on November 10, we’re taking some more time on the following enhancements to ensure a smooth experience when playing Destiny 2 on your new devices. 

Feature notes for each platform:

Resolution: 4K for Series X and PS5, 1080p for Series S

Framerate: 60fps for all three platforms

FoV slider: Confirmed for all three platforms

Faster load times: Confirmed for all three platforms

Cross-gen play: Confirmed for all three platforms

Free next-gen upgrade: Confirmed for PS5, and for both Xbox platforms via Smart Delivery

Other notes: 

• We are offering Field of View customization on consoles for the first time. Our goal is to enable a FOV range similar to that on PC. We’re currently testing these settings to ensure smooth performance across each platform and will have additional details closer to launch. 
  • There will be noticeable improvements to things like loading the game and inspecting character inventory. However, some load times are dependent on networking and matchmaking. So, loading activities still takes time while you search for opponents. 
  • For cross-generation play, Xbox Series X|S players can play with Xbox One players. PlayStation 5 players can play with PlayStation 4 players.  We’re excited for you to experience these enhancements for yourself and we’ll share more next generation details in the future.  

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49650

Dammit, was expecting next-gen versions to launch alongside Beyond Light. Sat there with a shiny new console and being able to finally play Destiny at 60fps in the new expansion was something I was really looking forward to. Ah well.

4ilytv.jpg

My inevitable Destiny burnout and seasonal abandonment will have set in by then. Guess it makes my Series X launch day panic a little less severe as I'll still be playing this on a One X with an SSD so not massively different for a month after launch.

40 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

4ilytv.jpg

My inevitable Destiny burnout and seasonal abandonment will have set in by then. Guess it makes my Series X launch day panic a little less severe as I'll still be playing this on a One X with an SSD so not massively different for a month after launch.

Yeah the month wait is very disappointing; I’m back and hooked again currently catching up on Year 3 but by December I suspect I’ll have tired again....still at least we’ll have the load times for Beyond Light launch...

Yeah but I'm already using an SSD so the improvements will be minimal. I was really only worried about getting an X at launch to be be able to play Beyond Light with all the pretties on day 1 so this is disappointing. Oh well, 5 years at 30fps, another month won't kill me.

3 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Christ.

Sadly, no buttons in the base that play voice lines about banging Knuckles; no eight different "ding" variations. :P  

Looks good for a 80's Games Workshop model cast entirely in lead and painted by a 10 year old who doesn't know what undercoat or thinning your paints is.

20 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I thought the whole point of the campaign would be the finale of the pyramids stuff? Are they stretching that storyline out further?

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny: Beyond DeeJ