Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

Feared that would be a rehash of the last 2 years and whilst it probably is, with those same weapons being available, there does appear to be some new stuff.

Players can visit The Spider to collect Cipher Decoders that can be used to unlock special caches at the end of each Haunted Forest visit. Players can open five of these extra caches each time they visit the forest, as long as they’ve got enough decoders. These new caches can contain a Legendary piece of gear, a random roll of the Braytech Werewolf and Horror Story auto rifles, masks, and Festival of the Lost shaders.

During the Festival, Eva will also offer Festival Bounties that players can use to earn XP, Bright Dust, Glimmer, and Chocolate Strange Coins. These rewards can be used to unlock some of the exclusive loot and rewards that Eva is offering this year, including masks and a new Exotic Ghost, Sparrow, and Ship.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/10/1/21497172/destiny-2-festival-of-the-lost-2020-event-haunted-forest-return-exotic-rewards-ghost-ship-sparrow

13 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

If anyone would like to do the Leviathan raid with me on xbox that would be awesome. I've not managed to get a squad together and it's tough going single player. :lol:

I will I can get my guild to help sherpa? 

I wonder if as part of the FotL event that the Cipher Decoders from Spider are the way we can trade in all our soon to useless planetary materials.

I'm sure Bungie mentioned there would be some way to get rid of all the materials from the vaulted planets for when Beyond Light launches.

I fired this up again to see if there is anything to mop up pre whatever the next dlc is called and my word I have no idea what’s going on and had a load of cinematics so think I’ve missed some season pass content - it’s on IO and all around my one true love, Eris, so best get on with that!

Im glad the engine is getting a big overhaul and we are moving onto SSD based consoles as this is pretty painful to play with the load times and just getting into menus - how have they let it get so bad or more to the point feel it’s acceptable?

Anyway, it feels good to pick it up if not overwhelming and frustrating at the moment.

43 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Changing equipment is a joke on this I'm hoping that changes a lot on the series x. And the load times my god. 

I cut my teeth playing the PS3 version of D1, so I got used to never changing my load out mid mission.

This helps...

47 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I fired this up again to see if there is anything to mop up pre whatever the next dlc is called and my word I have no idea what’s going on and had a load of cinematics so think I’ve missed some season pass content - it’s on IO and all around my one true love, Eris, so best get on with that!

Im glad the engine is getting a big overhaul and we are moving onto SSD based consoles as this is pretty painful to play with the load times and just getting into menus - how have they let it get so bad or more to the point feel it’s acceptable?

Anyway, it feels good to pick it up if not overwhelming and frustrating at the moment.

I’ve just returned (on Xbox no less) having been away since the Black Armoury season of Forsaken and I swear I had no idea what was going on for the first 5 hours or so I played. God knows how newcomers to the game manage

Turns out I missed quite a lot and I’ve slipped back into the Destiny trap of to easily...I have completely forgotten how to play Crucible mind

Any other returners up for trying the last 2 dungeons on Xbox?

33 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

I cut my teeth playing the PS3 version of D1, so I got used to never changing my load out mid mission.

This helps...

I’ve just returned (on Xbox no less) having been away since the Black Armoury season of Forsaken and I swear I had no idea what was going on for the first 5 hours or so I played. God knows how newcomers to the game manage

Turns out I missed quite a lot and I’ve slipped back into the Destiny trap of to easily...I have completely forgotten how to play Crucible mind

Any other returners up for trying the last 2 dungeons on Xbox?

I need to do them all, won't be on much this week but will be on lots as of next

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Changing equipment is a joke on this I'm hoping that changes a lot on the series x. And the load times my god. 

I've been playing on a 1X with an SSD for the last six months and it's night and day compared to HDD. Initial load, going in to character menu, swapping gear, flying in to planets, it's all seamless as fuck so they have clearly been hamstrung by the shitty current gen drives. 

Bungie have also recently tweaked their API which makes stuff like DIM and Ishtar lightning fast. 

The only issue, and a big worry for November, is being kept waiting when you match with a HDD player. Certain activities have me staring at a black screen for up to a minute or so whilst they fly in. 

12 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I've been playing on a 1X with an SSD for the last six months and it's night and day compared to HDD. Initial load, going in to character menu, swapping gear, flying in to planets, it's all seamless as fuck so they have clearly been hamstrung by the shitty current gen drives. 

I haven't played for a year or so but the loading was horrific on my PC SSD, especially the initial load. Has it improved over the last year? 

Loading in from the dashboard to character select on a 1X with SSD is just short of 1 minute. It's 1m 50s on the HDD and it's been clocked at about 40s on the SX.

No idea for PC or if that's been improved over the last year.   

Reminder for the forest: if you die, wait a second in case someone's near enough to come and revive you. If you see someone die, consider how easily you can get to them. The alternative is a self-revive and spawning aaaall the way back at the start. ;)  

So far I've bought one mystery box from Eva and it contained some gear I wasn't interested in and quickly vaulted. Nice.

I think the drop rate is bugged at the minute.  They’re supposed to drop at the same rate as Umbral Engrams but after 5 hours of play yesterday, I didn’t get one.

Forbes guy recommends running the Toland patrols on the Moon as that seems to be a good place to grind them.

I like FotL, the Tower, the cosmetics, even the Haunted Forest is fun but ultimately, grinding hard for old 450 rpm auto rifles with bad role availability isn’t great.

21 minutes ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

I like FotL, the Tower, the cosmetics, even the Haunted Forest is fun but ultimately, grinding hard for old 450 rpm auto rifles with bad role availability isn’t great.

Yeah, have to agree, the rewards are meh and whilst it's a fun little distraction it just feels so tired now. This is what, the 4th time they've done haunted forest now? I really hope all these 'traditional' events they do like Crimson Days, Dawning etc get dropped or have a major shake-up. I did one run of HF last night and I just felt burnt out and I've barely touched the game in the last couple of months.

Thing is if Beyond Light had kept its original release date, this would be on a planet (Mercury) that was getting vaulted so I'm wondering if they had something else lined up and then ditched it when the date went back.

12 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Cool beans. Gamer tag dreamlildreams if you want to add me.

Will add you, I'm level 1015 or something but need a crew for raids / dungeons 

I'm free in the evenings apart from thur/fri/sat

Spent the last couple of weeks running through the expansions. Osiris and Warmind were slight but still enjoyable, mostly, while Forsaken was the best bit of Destiny so far, I reckon.

Absolutely cannot be fucked with Shadowkeep, though. Have I just burned out or is it really this shit and boring?

Have they done anything yet about the glowing yellow bar in the bottom left hand corner of the screens that builds up for 'super moves'?

I'd love to get into Destiny again when the Series X or PS5 arrives, but that bar left a permanent mark on my plasma tv a few years ago and there's no way I'm risking it damaging my OLED.

1 hour ago, Quest said:

Spent the last couple of weeks running through the expansions. Osiris and Warmind were slight but still enjoyable, mostly, while Forsaken was the best bit of Destiny so far, I reckon.

Absolutely cannot be fucked with Shadowkeep, though. Have I just burned out or is it really this shit and boring?

You've probably burned out. I enjoyed Shadow Keep. It's not going anywhere though so you don't have to cane it.

5 hours ago, Quest said:

Shadowkeep was a lot better than Osiris and Warmind (I mean Osiris really was objectively shit)

So yeah burned out I reckon.  I've only recently returned and been running through what happened post Forsaken and really enjoyed the Shadowkeep campaign and the Moon stuff

I probably just liked Osiris because pyramids are neat, and I hadn't played any Destiny for about two years.

Think I'll just give it a rest until Beyond Light.

On 07/10/2020 at 16:21, bridger said:

Have they done anything yet about the glowing yellow bar in the bottom left hand corner of the screens that builds up for 'super moves'?

I'd love to get into Destiny again when the Series X or PS5 arrives, but that bar left a permanent mark on my plasma tv a few years ago and there's no way I'm risking it damaging my OLED.

Once it’s charge, use it! 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny: Beyond DeeJ