Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

Can someone catch me up on something I just read on Era?:

In Forsaken you can actually get a raid chest (free loot) without having to do the raid.

Any more details what needs to be done here?

You input a 'wish' that skips you ahead and then there's some platforming to do. 

Well, thats all the campaign 'Adventures' completed, got my Warlock upto 898 and just played the opening Moon mission they drop at you, so as to tempt you to buy the full expansion pack.

Nope, not for me. It was fun while it lasted and it really is a stunning looking game but I have no desire to put money down for any more as I'd really only keep playing until the single player part was done. Still not interested in the multiplayer side of this game.

Time to move on.

The strikes are effectively single player - 3 player squads on what are essentially massive campaign levels - and are immense fun. Worth trying those out if you haven't already - the strike playlist is in the Vanguard thing at the bottom of the destination select screen.

I’m really enjoying Shadowkeep to a point, it’s fun but very shallow for the price - I have to say tho that for me the moon is a huge nostalgia hit but so much better than anything D2 has had before destination wise I still don’t really want to go back to those shite levels ever again :( 

I had defi hit a wall with things to do that were not very grind heavy but a couple of mates said about doing a raid, we ended up doing Last Wish and I’ve never done it before, had a lot of fun and it reminded me how good Destiny can be and how much of that is raiding. I just can’t commit time like I could back in vanilla Destiny - worked out it has been over 2 years since my last raid :o 

15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I’m really enjoying Shadowkeep to a point, it’s fun but very shallow for the price

Must resist...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

More like Shallowkeep amirite?!?!

Spoiler

I'd neg myself if I could

Well, I guess destinylfg.net is still probably the go-to. 

Have you done the NF on Hero this week though? It's a very difficult NF. I think unless you're somewhere near the 950 par, or do that Titan / shotgun / melee cheese all the streamers seem to be doing (admittedly on Master, which looks almost undoable by mortals without it), it's going to be... tough. Not the nightmare that Master looks like, but still. Anyway, there are some people looking for 100k NF runs on destinylfg right now, so that's your best bet.

6 hours ago, auntyclimax said:

I’m playing on Xbone. If I play the free version with my same character in Steam, will it mess up progress?

No. It'll probably speed up your progress, thanks to the load times. You'll miss out on the season pass thing (if you bought it on your main cross-save account). The power cap is the same for everyone regardless of paid expansion / F2P players.

1 minute ago, Lyrical Donut said:

No. It'll probably speed up your progress, thanks to the load times. You'll miss out on the season pass thing (if you bought it on your main cross-save account). The power cap is the same for everyone regardless of paid expansion / F2P players.

Playing on a 2018 iMac at 4K has spoiled my progress... 

it’s lovely, and one game of crucible boosted me 15 power.

The loading times are mental. I struggle to understand why it takes two to three minutes to get from the title screen to the character select screen. What on Earth is it doing? It even does this irritating fake-out where the loading icon disappears briefly and it looks like it’s finished, and then it comes back bigger for no reason. 

53 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The loading times and delay when opening the inventory are really getting on my tits.

It's shockingly bad on a base PS4. Apparently one of the big patches around Forsaken fixed it but it seemed to do bugger all. All the more reason to have DIM or Ishtar Commander ready next to you.

I have some questions about returning to D2 Shadowkeep - I'm someone that purchased all the other expansions for Year1/Year 2 Destiny 2 but I didn't necessarily complete the campaign on the expansions. Logging into my account now it appears my classes & items are all 750 light.

It also appears the progress through the last year 2 Forsaken expansion is lost. I see the icon to start the Forsaken campaign again but I'd already progressed through majority of the missions and these no longer show up on the Destiny 2 director/Map.

The game appears to be bad at explaining where to pick up the game for Shadowkeep:

• Is it necessarily to finish all the year 2 content? or can I just start with Shadowkeep?
  • If so is their disadvantages to doing this?
  • Are there advantages to using my old characters? Like I said I'd completed all of the YR1 content and some of the YR2 expansions. Or should I start again?

Got my Chaperone last week. And the achievement to complete an exotic quest. Guess I should've got round to that a bit quicker. Saying that I didn't realise almost all of the abandoned quests I had have you an exotic quest line.

Menagerie update: still not been in the menagerie.

As it stands I'm enjoying the busywork. There's shitloads to do, the moon story stuff was slim as fuck but still enjoyable in its hokey horror nonsense, and I'm enjoying pootling around doing old quests and whatnot.

16 hours ago, Hexx said:

Solo survival is so much better than old Comp.

And what have they done with glory win/loss rewards and streaks. It nearly poops out points

It poops them out (and barely takes any away) until you reach where it thinks you belong in terms of rank, then it should even out. 

On 13/10/2019 at 01:29, Lyrical Donut said:

Swear the season pass thingy progressed when I played it on the notPS4. I found by access the Vex thing and campaign and stuff but the season tracker and artefact was trickling along 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny: Beyond DeeJ