Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

@Purin  If you do the first short quest in the new season DLC you get 690 gear drop for all your characters in all slots. Max power last season was 700 so you're pretty much ready to go and jump in to the new stuff

Bungie are aware people are dropping in and out of seasons particularly the last one so they are making it easy for people to power back up. 

Have you got Forsaken and the current annual pass? If you have, you can just do the Invitation quest at the start of the new Season of Opulence and that'll give you full 690 gear for all your characters within half an hour. That's good to go.

Edit: oh, snap.

37 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

@Purin  If you do the first short quest in the new season DLC you get 690 gear drop for all your characters in all slots. Max power last season was 700 so you're pretty much ready to go and jump in to the new stuff

Bungie are aware people are dropping in and out of seasons particularly the last one so they are making it easy for people to power back up. 

Wait what?

I last played during Forsaken and didn't finish it. If I login and do this quest do I get free gear? I did buy the season pass for the dlc at the time.

Guys. I may be playing some D2 this weekend.

It’s not nostalgia pandering so much as an attempt to turn the game into what it always should have been, a single game called Destiny that only ever gets bigger and broader. No doubt all the old stuff will come back over the next couple of years and I’m delighted about that. 

Very good stream I thought, though I switched off when the Datto bit started because much as I like the guy, he’s no interviewer. Most encouraging thing for me was coming right out and calling it an MMO. Very smart way of saying they no longer answer to anyone but themselves and their players. 

Future’s bright. 

55 minutes ago, Flub said:

Wait what?

I last played during Forsaken and didn't finish it. If I login and do this quest do I get free gear? I did buy the season pass for the dlc at the time.

Guys. I may be playing some D2 this weekend.

Yeah, and it's on ALL characters. It's only blue gear of course but it gets your power up to start getting powerful drops above 690. 

Go see Benedict in the tower and he'll sort you out. 

1 minute ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, and it's on ALL characters. It's only blue gear of course but it gets your power up to start getting powerful drops above 690. 

Go see Benedict in the tower and he'll sort you out. 

Will it stop me from doing the rest of the forsaken stuff if I do that?

12 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Very good stream I thought, though I switched off when the Datto bit started because much as I like the guy, he’s no interviewer.

That's a shame because the questions he was asking were pretty good and it was fun watching the devs try and dance around some of them.

I'm planning on building a gaming PC after the summer and this is one of the top games on my list now due to the cross save.

1 hour ago, Mafro said:

That's a shame because the questions he was asking were pretty good and it was fun watching the devs try and dance around some of them.

I'm planning on building a gaming PC after the summer and this is one of the top games on my list now due to the cross save.

I've switched over to PC, there are a small core of players in the PC clan too. 

3 hours ago, Mafro said:

Every time I see 60fps footage it just makes me sad I'm on PS4.

Mate it is buttery smooth. I struggle to go back and play on console, it's spoiled me.

The console versions are great, but you can definitely notice the difference once you try PC. It's not overly demanding spec wise either, a 1050ti gets you 60fps at 1080p, high settings.

I hope cross play happens, wold be good to play with some of the PS4 guys again. Not sure how chat would work though.

Cross play wouldnt work due to mouse and keyboard on PC and the obvious lack of it on console. Its so easy to hit shots with M+K compared to console due to the lack of recoil. Cant see cross play ever working as a result, as the two control methods are so different, M+K would be a massive advantage in Crucible and Gambit.

1 hour ago, Mr Ben said:

Cross play wouldnt work due to mouse and keyboard on PC and the obvious lack of it on console. Its so easy to hit shots with M+K compared to console due to the lack of recoil. Cant see cross play ever working as a result, as the two control methods are so different, M+K would be a massive advantage in Crucible and Gambit.

Fortnite already handles this well, plus you could always opt in/out. There's no reason not to do it now they're free from constraints.

47 minutes ago, Oz said:

any of the old crew tempted to double dip and bring your guardian into the future (or rather present) on PC? I miss you lot. 

I am. As is Chris. Probably a few others too :wub: 

I'm a casual at Destiny, so can someone answer some basic questions.

1. Why does the matchmaking so often put me with randoms up against a clan of three? I'm guessing to make the matching faster but it makes for some terribly unfair games.

2. On PS4, why not make one half of the touchpad go to the pursuits screen? Parity with xbox?

3. For the daily and weeklies would it be better to make it so you have to be on the winning side for it to count. On each reset I seem to get stuck in a team where someone will just sit at the spawn waiting for it to be over.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny: Beyond DeeJ