Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

Witherhoard or Anarchy if you can afford it. That would be my number 1 but the spoils of conquest will take me weeks to get. 

There's also Eriana's Vow which is great if you don't like sniper rifles or scouts right now as it has anti barrier intrinsic. Shame the catalyst is so horrible to get. 

From my own experiences of spending cyphers at the kiosk: Yep, Witherhoard if you're hurting for Spoils. Lobbing jizz across the floor is excellent, and does more than enough tick damage to make it competitive in PvE situations where you're under light par (ie. Presage). Izanagi's supposed to be good in theory, but I never got on with it as there's too few in the clip for casual use and the charge shot is high-risk compared to a lot of energy snipers with triple tap/vorpal. Jotunn is still used by others to this day in PvP, though.

In terms of the shit you can buy between Seasons 9-11 + Black Armory with no spoils, I'd go in this order: Witherhoard, Bastion, Jotunn, Izanagi, maybe Traveller's Chosen.

If you've got spoils, add Anarchy and throw it right up at the top of your list.

5 minutes ago, Siri said:

In terms of the shit you can buy between Seasons 9-11 + Black Armory with no spoils, I'd go in this order: Witherhoard, Bastion, Jotunn, Izanagi, maybe Traveller's Chosen.

If you've got spoils, add Anarchy and throw it right up at the top of your list.

Perfect, that list will do the job nicely. Not surprised Jotunn is up there - I've been instantly killed by it so many times in the crucible...

1 hour ago, Pungee said:

As someone who missed the entirety of the Black Armoury stuff and Seasons 9 to 11, what's the smart choice at the Monument to Lost Lights exotic terminal? 

Witherhoard? Izanagi's Burden? I've seen a lot of Anarchy but those raid exotics are expensive as hell. 

Definitely save your tokens for Anarchy if you’ll keep wanting to do endgame things.

Speaking of which, Xbox raids tonight! Yes that’s right, raids! Multiple! From 6pmish I’ll be looking to run a quick Deep Stone Crypt and then a Last Wish. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in Riven.

We provisionally have a team of 4 so far, but I know @redbloodcel said he has some Wishes that need using up soooo...

2 hours ago, tnman said:

Speaking of which, Xbox raids tonight! Yes that’s right, raids! Multiple! From 6pmish I’ll be looking to run a quick Deep Stone Crypt and then a Last Wish. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in Riven.

We provisionally have a team of 4 so far, but I know @redbloodcel said he has some Wishes that need using up soooo...

I think my wife would murder me if I jumped straight from work into a few solid hours of Destiny on the first hot day of the year so will unfortunately have to pass today.

I'd love to do Last Wish eventually though if this is start of a bit of renewed interest in it. What's the deal with Last Wish and carrying newcomers? I remember watching guides for it and feeling overwhelmed by a thousand different symbols, Penumbra, Antumbra etc.. If it's forgiving of passengers like DSC then I'd love to tag along next time. If not then I'll have no choice but to hit the YouTube guides and come prepared. 

Definitely loads of scope to just be on add-murder duty on Last Wish, wouldn’t need a video. Unless you want to do the last boss legit like a time-wasting psychopath. 

I'm going to hammer the nightfall this week on Legend difficulty. It's the new strike and it's giving out double rewards. Last time that happened I managed to get all the available Titan exotic armours. This time I'll hopefully be able to get all the hunter or warlock ones. I've barely touched either class, any opinions on which has the more exciting options?

1 minute ago, luckypierre said:

Warlock. Hunters suck

Being a Warlock instantly makes you a better player because Bungie hates Warlocks and does everything it can to make them redundant.

Hunters are for trust fund kids and people who still use castors on their adult bikes. 

3 hours ago, luckypierre said:

Warlock. Hunters suck

3 hours ago, Scruff said:

Being a Warlock instantly makes you a better player because Bungie hates Warlocks and does everything it can to make them redundant.

Hunters are for trust fund kids and people who still use castors on their adult bikes. 

3 hours ago, mikeyl said:

All the best Hunter exotics centre around being able to be a coward better, either by running away faster or being a sneaky wee dodge machine.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I don't gaf what anyone says about Hunters, they can't out-damage me on primevals and that's all that matters.

Y’all just jealous of the cloak

Some great news, weapon mods being sold is changing so that one will always be a combat mod (ie the mods that you can't get anywhere else), and also the gunsmith is actually going to sell randomly rolled guns, the same for everyone.

Gamespot has this to say about Xür:

Head to Nessus, to the Watcher's Grave area, to find Xur this week. For his weapon, Xur is offering Arbalest. Hunters can pick up the Orpheus Rig leg armor; for Titans, there's the Lion Rampant leg armor; and for Warlocks, Xur has the Aeon Soul gauntlets.

If you don't already have it, Lion Rampant is always fun. I'm finding it pretty useful in Presage runs for some of the initial platforming.

So I finally got around to trying Presage (had it unlocked for weeks but been focused on the power grind and all the other stuff... limited game time et al).

Anyway bloody hell Bungie, give me a full game of this (maybe that old unused Dead Space licence would be suitable), it’s absolutely amazingly atmospheric and just about doable solo for even mediocre players like myself.

Took me a few hours figuring out the puzzles and the boss got me three times before I had to quit out to cook dinner (feels totally doable mind, I’ll get him next time) but damn that was good stuff. Puzzles, platforming and a couple of real epic fights...

God this game can really do A tier sometimes, even discounting the Skinner box loop, there are some fabulous levels in this game 

45 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

So I finally got around to trying Presage (had it unlocked for weeks but been focused on the power grind and all the other stuff... limited game time et al).

Anyway bloody hell Bungie, give me a full game of this (maybe that old unused Dead Space licence would be suitable), it’s absolutely amazingly atmospheric and just about doable solo for even mediocre players like myself.

Took me a few hours figuring out the puzzles and the boss got me three times before I had to quit out to cook dinner (feels totally doable mind, I’ll get him next time) but damn that was good stuff. Puzzles, platforming and a couple of real epic fights...

God this game can really do A tier sometimes, even discounting the Skinner box loop, there are some fabulous levels in this game 

I often jump back into Presage after I've done some daily and weekly bits - just retrying the mission with different loadouts or things. I haven't touched the higher difficulties though!

But yeah, it's an interesting sequence of challenges, and I like the music and incidental chatter too. It would be nice to see an expansion campaign with that kind of flavour.

On 03/04/2021 at 20:54, dreamylittledream said:

Totally agree - Presage has been one of my favourite things in Destiny lately and something I'm regularly dipping into. Haven't completed master yet, but did manage to solo without dying yesterday. Lots of hairy moments and especially at the boss several very (very) close escapes raising the tension. Still got scannable to complete but hopefully we get more like this in the future.

36 minutes ago, bagapeas said:

Totally agree - Presage has been one of my favourite things in Destiny lately and something I'm regularly dipping into. Haven't completed master yet, but did manage to solo without dying yesterday. Lots of hairy moments and especially at the boss several very (very) close escapes raising the tension. Still got scannable to complete but hopefully we get more like this in the future.

Yeah if they can keep up this quality of a repeatable exotic quest mission along with a decent new activity for each season, then I’m likely to stick around all year this time rather than drift off once I’ve completely rinsed the expansion like I usually do.

Managed two successful solo runs yesterday to get the first set of scans, and both runs gave just the right mix of challenge but being possible for a solo player of average skill. With this and the legendary lost sectors I think they’ve got the balance bang on (whereas Harbinger was just that bit too hard for solo).

No chance of me ever managing it flawless mind, too much platforming for that lol

Yeah, I've attempted flawless a couple of times and staying alive from the baddies is no problem. Not falling off stuff, not so much. 

This is also the longest in to a Season I've stayed around for a long time. Game just feels really fun at the moment. 

Managed to get the Grandmaster Nightfall done last night and was a great great feeling after a few failed attempts. I haven't done anything that difficult in Destiny since doing a blind raid, which was probably Last Wish. Loads of lovely loot on completion too. Think I got 2 exotics, 2 adept palindromes, 3 shards and about 10 prisms.

Bungie should bundle up the best of the one-off exotic missions like Presage, Zero Hour, Whisper of the Worm, etc, and stick it into a missions playlist. I’m not so arsed about the actual campaign missions, but they really seem to push everything to eleven for the one-offs they do. 

It was. Whisper still the best for me. Came out of nowhere, bollock hard and the best atmosphere they've done; even solved the mystery of the secret portal from VoG!

Yeah, I’ve cocked up many a run through with poor jumping! By the late stages of my last run I was ultra cautious with the final jumps

I’ve definitely enjoyed having more solo challenges to try, but can’t see me doing Pit or Prophecy solo any time soon

Presage is great and if anyone is up for trying Master on PS4, please let me know. I've tried completing the Normal difficulty without dying but invariably fall off something in the room with two spinning platforms but before the final boss room.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop