Destiny 2: #turtleno

I am constantly surprised by how amazing this looks on PS5 for such an old game. I just did The Corrupted strike in the Dreaming City for the first time and it is probably the prettiest thing I’ve played on the PS5 so far. Jumping between the city and the ascendant realm has shown off my new TV better than anything else I’ve tried. 

what an absolutely stunning game, 4k60 is beautiful but it’s the gameplay that really shines, best combat in the business.

knocks cod into a cocked hat that’s for sure.....

Addictive as fxxk as well.....just so we’ll judged.

I love the variety eg the scary stuff cranked up to 11 on the moon , then the cool missions for spider, hunt down the 6-7 bosses...

On 13/01/2021 at 09:06, bagapeas said:

I didn’t get the ship either. Also on 17/19 - has the potential to be my first title depending on what the final two end up being. I’m also close to Dredgen with just 2 guardians with supers active to kill but that’s painstaking...

Since coming back I’ve been playing as a hunter have just gone back to my warlock character. Despite having played the entirety of D1 as a warlock and most of D2 I now really can’t get used to the floaty jump having now got so used to my hunter’s triple jump! Just started a titan character last night as well so will see how I get on with that.

This title seems to be very easy / less grindy than all the others. Seems like almost everyone is going to get it without going too much out of their way. Maybe that's the intent. It will certainly be more common than even Dredgen (the only one I got and I didn't really play that much gambit)

Anyone else had issues with this crashing on a Series X? I've had 4 freezes this week now, once whilst in a public event on Europa, and the others while in the Tower. I also had the controller disconnect so I had to resync using the button on the console. I'm not sure if it's the game or the console, I've been pretty much exclusively playing D2 for the last few weeks, but wil try a different game later. Just wondered if anyone had experienced similar?

I went through the Prophecy dungeon for the first time yesterday. After a dull first few rooms it became visually the best thing I've ever seen in a shooter. Those neons.

22 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I went through the Prophecy dungeon for the first time yesterday. After a dull first few rooms it became visually the best thing I've ever seen in a shooter. Those neons.

Did you do it solo? What are the rewards like?

17 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Did you do it solo? What are the rewards like?

I just joined a fireteam via the app, and they knew what they were doing. Wouldn't do it solo!

The rewards didn't seem anything special to be honest.

Prophecy has two armour sets exclusive to it, as well as a couple of good weapons you can farm rolls for. Look out for the IKELOS shotgun and Death Adder SMG. The final boss awards a pinnacle drop.

It's pretty good as loot goes, I think.

Well Harbinger is hard as balls (are you meant to team up?)

Anyone on PS Tuesday/Friday night or Saturday afternoon to do a Hawkmoon equipped run for title?

I did the Harbinger mission on PC in a two-person fireteam; I was 1260 (1250 base with +10 artifact bonus); they were 1260something...

Make sure you have elements covered between you, and maybe respec your artifacts so that you have necessary barrier/stagger/overload mods. (One nice thing about the mission is that your equipment isn't locked, so you can pull off one weapon if you need to take advantage of mods with something else.) Those locked arenas with restricted zones are a real pain - if you have any kind of safety net (Titan Sentinel overshield, Warlock healing rift) make use of it. Also I play a Titan and I had Lion Rampant legs on standby for some of the trickier platforming segments. :) 

Meanwhile, I'm continuing with Legend Lost Sectors. Just cleared Exodus Garden 2A on my own for probably the first time - I can't believe that the ridiculous first area with multiple Champions is like half of the whole thing - once I finally made it through there I didn't have to go much further before I reached the boss room. :doh:

I’ve done the new player starting quests and am now working my way through the Forsaken campaign and just reached 1200. 

Is anything I’m likely to have picked up along the way and now stowed away in my vault worth keeping? Or should I disassemble everything?

Destiny Item Manager (app or website) has a curated list of top tier rolls. Worth looking through that first and keeping anything with a thumbs up. Otherwise get rid of everything from year 1 as these are static rolls and can be taken from your collection if needed. Get rid of all armour rolls of less than 55 total stats unless they're currently your highest power level in that slot.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Surely it's worth keeping the good rolls of purple weapons?

God Rolls only really matter of you're going hard and deep on the endgame, be it in raids/dungeons and Crucible doesn't it? I found the paralysis around keeping weapons you're never going to use wasn't worth it. Also I stopped using Little Light etc when I read multiple posts that said there's only a small amount of absolutely unquestionable rolls for things and the rest is down to personal preference.

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

Surely it's worth keeping the good rolls of purple weapons?

All the Forsaken and Shadowkeep weapons have already been sunset anyway. Wait for next season though when some of them are coming back again ..... 3 months after they were deemed useless and everyone had already sharded all their god rolls. They might roll with Elemental Capacitor this time though.... :omg: .......  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

All the Forsaken and Shadowkeep weapons have already been sunset anyway. Wait for next season though when some of them are coming back again ..... 3 months after they were deemed useless and everyone had already sharded all their god rolls. They might roll with Elemental Capacitor this time though.... :omg: .......  :rolleyes:

One thing I don't get about sunsetting - people talk about PVP weapons being sunset - aren't they all equal in power anyway?

Iron Banner and Trials are power level enabled so any weapon you can't infuse up to the current power level will leave you at a disadvantage. 

You can still use all weapons in the standard crucible playlists as everyone's power level is normalised. 

You've got to make some accommodations for these PC players with their novelty controllers. They can only walk in eight directions, at a choice of two speeds! Giving them full recoil on top of those handicaps would be like putting a spike strip on a wheelchair ramp.

I played the quests leading to getting the Hawkmoon gun last night and they were great. The thing is, though, as someone who only started a couple of months ago, I wouldn't have even had a clue how to begin the questline without consulting a guide, despite the gun being advertised as part of the season pass. This game is so impenetrable at times. Now I'm sucked in I don't mind so much, though.

I've said it before but I'm now 60 hours in and I don't feel like I've scratched the corex which covers the varnish which covers the surface.

42 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm presuming in PvE? TBH the swords are bent to shit in PvE and have been for ages. I just assumed that was working as intended seeing as they've done fuck all about it.

Aye, 15% reduction in PvE because apparently 65% of players are using them. They could have just nerfed Lament and Fallen Guillotine which is obviously what everyone is using but no, they must do one of their usual blanket No Fun Allowed nerfs.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: #turtleno