Destiny 2: #turtleno

24 minutes ago, Broker said:

It’s pretty simple really, I stopped playing when season of the dawn started so everything I have will be gone :lol:

Simple way to sort it all is to use DIM. They have preset search criteria for max power cap, max season usage etc. much easier to understand than Bungie's attempt at explaining it. I went from a full 500 items in the vault to 170 the other day as with transmog coming I pretty much ditched all my armour apart from a few good stat rolls to get me through the early stages of BL. Clear it all out, feels good man....

19 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Can DIM delete it for you, or do you need to do that in game?

How do Armor appearances work? Can I just everything now and keep appearance unlocks?

No, you can't delete from DIM. That would leave it open to some serious abuse if someone got hacked and had everything deleted. You can just move stuff around and tag it. I just tag everything I don't want as junk and then chuck it on my Titan that I never use and go in and delete it all in the game.

Transmog isn't until some time in the next 12 months and details are vague but Bungie has confirmed that it will pull from collections so once you have it once, you can delete it and it will available once Transmog appears.

9 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Just a reminder that at midnight tonight, players will be kicked out of the game where they will then need to download a small update and then log back in again. This will likely be the live event that Luke Smith alluded to last week and I'm guessing is just all the planets blowing up or something in prep for tomorrow.

Then everyone gets kicked out again at 3am and the serves go down until 5pm tomorrow when we can all expect to sit in a queue for a couple of hours whilst we laugh at streamers. Preload should available to start for everyone some time overnight tonight. Think everyone needs to redownload the whole thing anyway so should give us enough time.

I cant even log into the game to watch whatever this event is so watching a streamer already lol.

Got in after ten minutes. 

There's one change to the tower at the moment:

Spoiler

20201110003251_1.thumb.jpg.6805a1cddf8e7b4304eb0bb52491fa20.jpg

The Traveller is glowing

Edit: Looking closer there's a few things that look weird:

Spoiler

20201110004222_1.thumb.jpg.42bc1fc90170aa720073d1958ba71f89.jpg

I think this patch at the bottom of the Traveller with the rings around it used to have a big chunk missing like the rest of it? I guess it's healing.

Managed to complete the final power capped NF just before we got disconnected for the midnight update and then spotted we still had to do Warden of Nothing. Luckily managed to get it done between disconnects so now have Truth. Always find the Exotic quests rewarding. Of course, knowing my luck, Xur will probably be giving it away next weekend.

17 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

I'm probably the only idiot still sat up for this but there's a new mission in the Tower called 'The Last City'. 

You're virtually guaranteed to get disconnected when trying to launch it though. :angry:

I got fed up waiting. Hope you manage to get in.

I'm in, it's a brief platforming section then a new area:

Spoiler

20201110015708_1.thumb.jpg.63e8ec694ae5417a4f5921ba0ac7c3c9.jpg

20201110015722_1.thumb.jpg.e03901aedbf45645db624e37c456a159.jpg

20201110015823_1.thumb.jpg.ffcbd43c9dbb67c64a6e36dc0cb8a7f8.jpg

Looks like we're inside the city? You can see the old tower. There's people around looking at the sky.

Also pretty sure this emblem is for the event?

Spoiler

20201110015938_1.thumb.jpg.9f81107925646442c3ae9379484a0190.jpg

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

I got fed up waiting. Hope you manage to get in.

I'm in now. You get the emblem as soon as it loads in and then

Spoiler

have to run through a segment of the city. Just chilling on a roof in front of the Traveller along with 30 or so other lucky souls. Not much happening.

If it's like the last one it will be an hour of waiting here and then 10 seconds of some sort of spectacular lightshow or something.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: #turtleno