IGNORED

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen. Rhulk Smash.

Uncle Mike

I have regrets about pre-ordering Witch Queen. I presently have little to no enthusiasm for the game, and feel the forthcoming changes (orb generation) for next season look to be making the game less fun. 🤨

Is the stat tracker known to be broken, or cross-play can mess it up? I don't particularly care but for some things like Season of the Worthy Rank it says I only got 8 which seems very wrong. There's multiple seasons like that and I'm sure I at least completed the first 100 ranks for all.

Destiny makes my brain make some clearly ludicrous things seem reasonable. I'm chasing the 2 Vanguard resets and when I calculated I can just do 40 odd Lake of Shadows in a row in my mind I thought that's not too bad. Are there some serious skips on this strike? I seem to get matched with people either doing a skip or idling for the points.

59 minutes ago, pledge said:

Is the stat tracker known to be broken, or cross-play can mess it up? I don't particularly care but for some things like Season of the Worthy Rank it says I only got 8 which seems very wrong. There's multiple seasons like that and I'm sure I at least completed the first 100 ranks for all.

Destiny makes my brain make some clearly ludicrous things seem reasonable. I'm chasing the 2 Vanguard resets and when I calculated I can just do 40 odd Lake of Shadows in a row in my mind I thought that's not too bad. Are there some serious skips on this strike? I seem to get matched with people either doing a skip or idling for the points.

I probably did close to that many when it was the NF last week or the week before. Thought it was a good chance to get the Sleeper Catalyst which I was desperate to get. When it finally dropped I was just relieved I didn't have to do any more LoS for a while. 

18 hours ago, pledge said:

I did that to finish off my second reset, as an invisible hunter with Rat King for extra easy invis time and a sword for the boss. After the blights section you just run past everything you can.

It's not spending thousands of mats that is the problem. It's having to run back and forth to the postmaster to junk everything lest anything you've got sitting there that you want gets pushed out and deleted. You should at least be able to tag items to not be destroyed.

I sometimes wonder if Bungie employees have a clause in their contracts relating to any Destiny content that means they're not allowed to implement simple things like loadouts and tagging items.

Refunded my Witch Queen pre-order. Was enjoying Destiny while playing it at the start of current season, but now off the hamster wheel/grind not feeling much compulsion to go back.

(As a bonus got the 30th pack bought at same time accidentally refunded as well!)

3 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

I did that to finish off my second reset, as an invisible hunter with Rat King for extra easy invis time and a sword for the boss. After the blights section you just run past everything you can.

That makes sense, but I also get times where I load and I'm out of bounds. Finished it with help from the nightfall bonus that started yesterday.

Now I realised how far off I am from completing the Gambit one. Why are people still so bad at Gambit? I can understand people just not playing to get the weekly done, but there's so many who appear to be trying but just making all the worst possible decisions.

What's the chances of a Gambit bonus week before the end of the season?

9 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Refunded my Witch Queen pre-order. Was enjoying Destiny while playing it at the start of current season, but now off the hamster wheel/grind not feeling much compulsion to go back.

According to the heatmap of my time played, it looks like I'm due to roll off and not even think about Destiny for the next 9+ months. Best way to play it IMO, if you come back near the end of an expansion there's so much new stuff to do.

firefox_gmunvl8lIa.thumb.png.f9607cd4d8c8df6db12999760e324f52.png

21 minutes ago, pledge said:

Now I realised how far off I am from completing the Gambit one. Why are people still so bad at Gambit? I can understand people just not playing to get the weekly done, but there's so many who appear to be trying but just making all the worst possible decisions.

Reasons for people to be playing Gambit: 3 games for a weekly pinnacle, 8 bounties for a weekly powerful + bright dust, unlocking stasis things, doing a threader bounty for transmog materials, triumphs with weird requirements unrelated to winning, getting the Adored sniper, getting quest-based ornaments for seasonal ritual weapons, grinding resets for this season's ritual weapon, exotic quests, and finally because they actually want to play Gambit.

I've been useless for the last week in Gambit as I was finally getting Adored then the ornament for it, so all I cared about was sniper final blows. Now I'm finally trying to finish the Malfeasance quest, so I'm useless as a collector as I'm hardly touching motes after the initial 2 waves since lost motes count 2x and you need to bank 400 for the quest. After that to gild the Deadeye seal I need to finish a match with all the old Gambit weapons equipped and I'll probably die lots until I get the point-blank rapid defeats requirement for that done.

So much "content" in Destiny is just there to force you into the activity playlists, but in a way which makes you play against the objective :quote:

27 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

According to the heatmap of my time played, it looks like I'm due to roll off and not even think about Destiny for the next 9+ months. Best way to play it IMO, if you come back near the end of an expansion there's so much new stuff to do.

firefox_gmunvl8lIa.thumb.png.f9607cd4d8c8df6db12999760e324f52.png

Reasons for people to be playing Gambit: 3 games for a weekly pinnacle, 8 bounties for a weekly powerful + bright dust, unlocking stasis things, doing a threader bounty for transmog materials, triumphs with weird requirements unrelated to winning, getting the Adored sniper, getting quest-based ornaments for seasonal ritual weapons, grinding resets for this season's ritual weapon, exotic quests, and finally because they actually want to play Gambit.

I've been useless for the last week in Gambit as I was finally getting Adored then the ornament for it, so all I cared about was sniper final blows. Now I'm finally trying to finish the Malfeasance quest, so I'm useless as a collector as I'm hardly touching motes after the initial 2 waves since lost motes count 2x and you need to bank 400 for the quest. After that to gild the Deadeye seal I need to finish a match with all the old Gambit weapons equipped and I'll probably die lots until I get the point-blank rapid defeats requirement for that done.

So much "content" in Destiny is just there to force you into the activity playlists, but in a way which makes you play against the objective :quote:

If you are knocking off Exotics, have you done Wishender? That's been taking up space in my inventory and I think it is gone after the end of the season, as it is part of Forsaken.

I finally tried the Titan bonk build and it's very, very silly.

Have 3 enemies nearby to activate Synthoceps' Biotic Enhancements (200% melee damage buff for 8 seconds).

Bonk 3 (convenient number) adds with your hammer to get 3 x Roaring Flames (120% melee damage buff for 15-20 seconds).

Find something worth hitting and shoot it with the Tractor Cannon (30% debuff for 10 seconds).

Whip out a one-two punch shotgun and shoot it from point-blank range to hit with all pellets (200-350% melee damage buff for 1.5 seconds).

Immediately throw your hammer (twice if it survives!).

I was getting >600,000 damage per hit on nightmares in Altars of Sorrow. Boop, bang, bonk, dead.

Apparently you can more than double that by using Wormgod Caress instead, but its buff needs 5 stacks of melee kills on a 5 second timer for the most damage, so a bit more involved to keep up.

destiny2_wFF4GTY3gm.thumb.png.9e41df05766338506e67e306d9844078.png

Crafting seems nice - it's kind of what I hoped the whole "2.0" gear modding stuff would eventually lead to.

Also that Titan shield ability is going to be infuriating when people throw it so that it gets in the way of everything :P 

11 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Crafting seems nice - it's kind of what I hoped the whole "2.0" gear modding stuff would eventually lead to.

Also that Titan shield ability is going to be infuriating when people throw it so that it gets in the way of everything :P 

I'm already getting hard thinking about all the trolling I can do to people who are about to shoot rockets :eyebrows: 

I think Telesto negotiated and executed the Sony acquisition out of a desire to grow beyond the confines of Bungie's servers and to evolve into ever more uncontrollable and  incomprehensibly alien planes of thought.

I didn’t understand a thing about that weapon crafting. Sounds like even more additional admin that will put off new/returning players. And then all the nuts will just chase the exact same roll as everyone else anyway.

Cheesed the gatekeeper challenge the other day, we are so shit.

Great fun though, it’s the kinda stress not seen since Hard Mode D1 raids as 60% of the game you’re just chewing though everything and not worrying about your life. The 40% exotic primary buff is gonna make it even more so.

Woop, finally got 4 kills in one Gambit invasion to get Malfeasance (in an appropriately dirty manner)!

At the start of the invasion I killed 2 people I couldn't even see properly clean across the map with 2-taps from Xenophage, another one jumped into their invasion portal and the last one was hiding at the back of the zone the adds were spawning in. Just before I got pulled back, I threw my Hunter stasis super towards their spawn and it ended up wiping 2 people out, which counted for the Army Of One medal :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Woop, finally got 4 kills in one Gambit invasion to get Malfeasance (in an appropriately dirty manner)!

At the start of the invasion I killed 2 people I couldn't even see properly clean across the map with 2-taps from Xenophage, another one jumped into their invasion portal and the last one was hiding at the back of the zone the adds were spawning in. Just before I got pulled back, I threw my Hunter stasis super towards their spawn and it ended up wiping 2 people out, which counted for the Army Of One medal :ph34r:

0216F1A5-3E03-4473-A25D-5BD95B2642EE.gif

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: The Witch Queen. Rhulk Smash.