rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2: still no word from Eris

It's a mini-puzzle. It'd be a bit pointless giving you the complete solution. 

But it's not a complex one. You do a quest and get a chalice. You earn runes by playing strikes, the crucible and gambit. You plug these into the chalice in different combinations, and each combination will lead to a different reward. The puzzle is in finding what each combination does - not much of a puzzle, but one that'll be solved either by you experimenting, or just looking on the internet for the combinations and outcomes others have worked out.

You play the new 6-person Menagerie activity with your chosen runes plugged in and at the end you get the reward item with the properties that your rune selection dictates.

Later, you can upgrade the chalice with Imperials, which you get from completing certain bounties, triumphs, and playlist activities, or using a new consumable. You choose whether to put these into making the chalice get you additional powerful rewards from the Menagerie, or earn more runes from doing rune activities, or unlock more rune slots so you can have even more control over the properties of the reward the Menagerie gives you. So you can control, for example, what weapon you get and what its masterwork property is. I imagine that over time you'll be able to use Imperials to upgrade your chalice so much you'll have all these things unlocked and it'll be maxed out.

It's basically just a way of allowing you to target what rewards you want from the Menagerie activity, and for the activity to stay relevant over time as you upgrade your chalice to increase the control you have over the customisation of drops. The fact that they don't tell you what all the combos do is just another little discovery game they put out to the community to solve. I'm not even sure I can call it a puzzle really - it's just something for players to work at, discover, and share knowledge on. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Phelan said:

The more I read about this next update the more I realise that if you step away from this game for three months or so you end up totally baffled as to what is going on and what to do.

Do you think they realise this is a block for gamers who want to come back or people new to the game?

Well if you’ve been away for three months and you’re looking at this new stuff you’re in the same boat as everyone else. We only know what Gorf just summarised from the TWAB post.

I find this kind of thing exciting, all the new discovery options and whatnot.

D76filXVsAAu9ww.jpg:large

TYPE: OWL SECTOR INTERCEPT

//CABAL “LOYALIST” BAND TRANSMISSION

//AUDIO UNAVAILABLE//

They call themselves Hunters. Scouts. Survivors scavenging from races older and nobler—so that their people might rebuild what they’ve lost.

They call themselves Titans. Soldiers. Killers—slaying the enemies of humanity so that their City might live one more day.

They call themselves Warlocks. Martial philosophers. Harbingers of Light. Scholars searching for meaning when all is already lost. Their machine god abandoned them long ago.

They don’t understand yet, but they are, all of them, so much more.

It falls to you, my Loyalists, to show them the way. You’ve met them. You know their conviction.

So I unleash you.

Hinder them. Topple them. Teach them pain.

They will only ask for more. And they will grow stronger for it.

When they are ready, we will open the Menagerie to them. Even the strongest Lights have yet to explore that ancient deck.

I want them to see where our journey out of exile began. Ghaul and his conspirators meant for the Menagerie—for the Leviathan itself!—to be our tomb. But Ghaul could not predict what we would find at the black edge.

He could not foresee that we would grow fat from strength.

I call on that strength, now, one last time, before the black edge claims us.

Make no mistake. They will take your lives. 

I know you give them gladly.

Your sacrifice shall spark the Shadows of Earth.

"Am I to cast a Shadow?"

Gahlran knelt before his Emperor in a chamber of gold.

Every surface reflected a resplendent sheen that blinded him.

“What is this place?” he asked.

“Many things,” Calus replied, lounging with his cheek in his palm. “This chamber once held an Arkborn. The only one of her kind to leave the interstellar conduits of her people. It is the place where Valus Nohr earned her shield in trial by combat. Shadows were cast here. History made.”

“Am I to cast a Shadow?”

“Yes. You were bred to be a sorrow-bearer. I seek a Hive commander, but those are not so readily available. So I made you.”

“The Council says the Hive cannot be contained. They worry.”

Calus raised an eyebrow. “Who among them?”

“Councilors Rahl and Verloren.”

The Emperor shook the golden chamber with his guffaw. “Only a few hours old, and already your words have killed two.”

Gahlran pondered what his Emperor could mean. 

“I will enjoy you,” Calus said, and keyed a hidden control on the armrest of his divan.

The ceiling shrieked as it opened like an eye. Gahlran craned his neck to stare  as two hovering Councilors descended with a massive, plated helm from the vast iris above. 

He could hear a litany of voices shouting down at him from inside the thing as it slowly descended. He thought they sounded like warnings, but there were no discernible words in the speech.

“What is that?” he asked his Emperor.

Calus finished the Royal nectar in his chalice before belching, “Your crown.”

Gahlran thought he could glimpse a faint violet glow on the inside of the helm as it drew nearer.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Calus asked, as the voices echoing from the helm grew louder.

“No,” Gahlran replied.

He thought he should run. He tried to stand, but he found that he could not, rooted to the floor before the Emperor’s throne by the will of the Councilors.

“I do not like this,” Gahlran said.

“This,” said Calus, as the Councilors crowned Gahlran, “is why you were born.”

The violet interior filled Gahlran’s vision.

“What does it feel like?” asked the Emperor.

“Fear,” Gahlran said.

Calus must have responded, but Gahlran couldn’t hear him over the cacophony of voices.

He suddenly found that he could see.

Through a hundred billion eyes.

And that he could eat.

With teeth enough to consume entire systems.

He felt beautiful.

31 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

"Am I to cast a Shadow?"

Gahlran knelt before his Emperor in a chamber of gold.

Every surface reflected a resplendent sheen that blinded him.

“What is this place?” he asked.

“Many things,” Calus replied, lounging with his cheek in his palm. “This chamber once held an Arkborn. The only one of her kind to leave the interstellar conduits of her people. It is the place where Valus Nohr earned her shield in trial by combat. Shadows were cast here. History made.”

“Am I to cast a Shadow?”

“Yes. You were bred to be a sorrow-bearer. I seek a Hive commander, but those are not so readily available. So I made you.”

“The Council says the Hive cannot be contained. They worry.”

Calus raised an eyebrow. “Who among them?”

“Councilors Rahl and Verloren.”

The Emperor shook the golden chamber with his guffaw. “Only a few hours old, and already your words have killed two.”

Gahlran pondered what his Emperor could mean. 

“I will enjoy you,” Calus said, and keyed a hidden control on the armrest of his divan.

The ceiling shrieked as it opened like an eye. Gahlran craned his neck to stare  as two hovering Councilors descended with a massive, plated helm from the vast iris above. 

He could hear a litany of voices shouting down at him from inside the thing as it slowly descended. He thought they sounded like warnings, but there were no discernible words in the speech.

“What is that?” he asked his Emperor.

Calus finished the Royal nectar in his chalice before belching, “Your crown.”

Gahlran thought he could glimpse a faint violet glow on the inside of the helm as it drew nearer.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Calus asked, as the voices echoing from the helm grew louder.

“No,” Gahlran replied.

He thought he should run. He tried to stand, but he found that he could not, rooted to the floor before the Emperor’s throne by the will of the Councilors.

“I do not like this,” Gahlran said.

“This,” said Calus, as the Councilors crowned Gahlran, “is why you were born.”

The violet interior filled Gahlran’s vision.

“What does it feel like?” asked the Emperor.

“Fear,” Gahlran said.

Calus must have responded, but Gahlran couldn’t hear him over the cacophony of voices.

And that he could eat.

He felt beautiful.

Gahlranhorn confirmed? :omg:

37 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

And that he could eat.

He felt beautiful.

Now I've seen everything. We were all so wrong. All of this—the machines, the Eliksni, the worms, the Light, the Nine. All of it meaningless. This galaxy is tumbling toward a singular conclusion and there is nothing—no one—that can stop it.

How could I have missed this? It's the small moments, the simple pleasures that matter. They're all I can think about now. Food and drink aren't mere sustenance. They're a reminder that I am alive.

This Leviathan. This prison ship. I will remake it, as I have been remade. No longer will it represent a mythical beast from the dreams of worms. It will serve as an icon for my newfound gluttony.

Pac-man raid minigame confirmed. Grow fat from strength, Guardians.

1 minute ago, Gorf King said:

Grow fat from strength

That is the worst fucking line written in the entire history of videogames. <_< 

• Upvote 1

Patch is live - 3.9 Gb, and some additional sandbox changes have been posted.

Sandbox changes

Weapons

Ace of Spades

No longer two-taps when paired with One-Eyed Mask's Vengeance perk if the victim has at least 4 resilience.

Memento Mori restored to 6 bullets, but bullets are now lost on stow.

Lord of Wolves

Release the Wolves perk can now be activated on special reload instead of on kill.

Normal burst damage decreased by 20%.

Release the Wolves non-precision damage decreased by 23%; precision damage decreased by 34%.

Sleeper Simulant

Reduced bounce damage against bosses, minibosses, and vehicles by 95%.

Reduced precision multiplier, but increased base damage by 66%.

This change results in precision shots dealing approximately the same damage as before, but you are punished less for landing non-precision shots.

Sturm and Drang

Storm and Stress max overcharge rounds increased to 99.

"Sturm Overcharge" buff text now displays the number of overcharge rounds.

Overcharge damage increased by 100% in PvE.

Fixed an issue where a 10% precision damage bonus remained on Sturm when it had used all its overcharge rounds.

Whisper of the Worm

White Nail perk now loads the magazine from reserves.

Increased ammo reserves to max 18 without armor perks.

Fixed an issue where White Nail would fail to activate under certain network conditions.

Luna’s Howl/Not Forgotten

RPM changed to 150; damage was adjusted to match other 150 RPM (lightweight) Hand Cannons.

These weapons still retain the Precision sub-archetype benefits and firing animation.

Magnificent Howl has been reworked.

Rapidly landing two precision hits now increases damage and range on your next shot.

The damage increase affects only non-precision damage, but the bonus range is applied regardless.

Fixed an issue where Magnificent Howl would be slow to activate under certain network conditions.

Fusion Rifles (Non-Exotic)

Damage increased against PvE combatants:

High-impact increased by 30%.

Precision increased by 44%.

Adaptive increased by 44%.

Rapid-fire increased by 47%.

Exotic Fusion Rifles

Note: Changes to Exotic Fusion Rifles are due to archetype tweaks and not direct changes; most of these are minor.

Jötunn

Changes affect PvE damage only.

Impact damage increased by 10%.

Detonation damage reduced by 15%.

DOT damage increased by 10%.

This results in an overall 5% increase in total damage.

Merciless

Damage of first bullet at slowest charge time increased by 30%, which decreases as the weapon reaches its fastest charge time. Damage at the fastest charge time is unchanged.

Telesto

Impact damage increased by 49%.

Detonation increased by 3%.

This is an overall damage increase of 4%.

Submachine Guns

Minor adjustment to idle pose for SMG archetype to help set it apart from the rifle archetypes.

Updated firing animations to better reflect the shooting experience of an SMG. 

Dev Commentary: These changes apply to hipfire only, and do not impact accuracy. The goal of this change was to enhance the feeling of shooting an SMG. We’ve added a random fire pose that will add variation and make the gun feel a little more unstable and lively in your hands. We’ve also added a progressive fire animation that will give your Guardian a feeling of gripping and controlling the more active weapon during sustained fire.

Swords

General

Ammo capacity increased to a max of 70.

Starting ammo increased by 10.

Black Talon

Ground and aerial projectile ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.

Adaptive Frame

Ground uppercut ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.

Aggressive Frame

Now lunge at target with their aerial light attack.

Light attack consolidated into a single damage event.

Slam attack consolidated into a single damage event.

Slam attack ammo cost increased from 3 to 4.

Lightweight Frame

Tuned damage output.

Ground light attack increased by 17%.

Aerial light attack decreased by 21%.

Ground dash attack increased by 87%.

Aerial dash attack increased by 78%.

No ammo aerial light attack decreased by 49%.

All other no-ammo attacks decreased by 15%.

Ground dash attack ammo cost increased from 2 to 3.

General

Fixed an issue where magazine-size indicators didn't display the proper arrows when changing magazine perks on the Breath of the Dragon and Trackless Waste SMGs.

Truesight’s “weakened” enemy highlight or glowing will no longer appear to flicker erratically.

Armor

Super-Generating Exotic Armor

Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Orpheus Rigs, and Phoenix Protocol now grant Super energy back on diminishing returns, making it rarer to get a full Super back.

Shards of Galanor and Ursa Furiosa had their Super gain caps reduced to be in parity with other Super Exotic changes.

Adjusted amount of Spectral Blade Super restoration when defeating enemies with Gwisin Vest.

1 PvP kill = 11.1% → 8.3%

2 PvP kills = 19.1% → 12.5%

3 PvP kills = 20.8% → 14.2%

4 PvP kills = 21% → 15.8%

5 PvP kills = 21% → 16.7%

1 Dreg kill = 7% → 11.1%

2 Dreg kills = 17.7% → 14.3%

3 Dreg kills = 20% → 16.5%

4 Dreg kills = 20.9% → 16.9%

5 Dreg kills = 21% → 17.1%

Minor adjustments to the Heavy Ammo Finder perk. <- WTF does this mean?!? Better be more consistent drops!

Gemini Jester

Increased duration of disorient and no-radar effects by 0.5 seconds.

Aeon Gauntlets

Potency of energy given by Aeon Arms increased for all classes.

Titans now trigger Aeon Arms off of melee kills instead of barricade, and they receive melee energy.

Visual effects on Aeon Gauntlets altered for all classes to distinguish between a player whose energy is full or not.

Abilities

Fixed an issue where “Six-Shooter” refunds a bullet when destroying Titan barricades.

Fixed an issue where “Entropic Pull” melee and “Devour” melee were applying a physics impulse that pushed enemies away.

Fixed an issue where using Chaos Reach with Geomag Stabilizers could sometimes lead to weapons disappearing.

Fixed an issue where players could gain full grenade energy when canceling out of a Nova Warp Super.

Fixed an issue where Combination Blow’s melee damage buff was buffing the Arc Staff Super in PvP environments.

Note: This was addressed for PvE in a previous update.

Moving between overlapping Wells of Radiance no longer lead to removing the buff earlier than expected.

Investment

Clans

Clan XP has been reset for Season 7 start.

A new weekly bonus bounty has been added for Season 7. This bounty is available at the max clan rank.

Emotes

The Luxurious Toast emote now allows players to sit for as long as they desire.

Eververse

The Eververse storefront has been updated.

For additional information, please see: This Week at Bungie - 5/23/2019

Cayde’s Exotic Stash items have been added to Eververse’s Bright Dust inventory for weeks 1–4.

Rewards UI/UX

The Pursuits inventory has been moved to the Director menu.

Players may now hold up to 63 pursuits at a given time.

Catalysts are now tracked on the Triumphs page. <- I think this means all exotic weapons have catalysts now btw, even though its not mentioned.

Updated Taken and Fallen armor mods to follow the same naming convention.

All shader items have had their icons updated.

Fixed an issue where the action for applying shaders, ornaments, holograms, or using consumables was getting cancelled and not applying on the first attempt. <- \o/

Note: There are still actions that will cancel the apply function, such as hitting the “Preview” button, exiting Inventory early, letting up on the “Apply” button too early, or completely moving the cursor off of the item being applied.

Vendors

Benedict 99-40

Relocated to the Annex in the Tower.

The Gunsmith

Now offers three daily and two weekly weapon-focused bounties, rewarding Enhancement Cores, mod components, and mods.

Scrapper bounties will no longer drop when dismantling gear.

Existing scrapper bounties will remain in your inventory until expiration or completion.

XûrNow properly offers random rolls on Exotic armor after refusing to do so in Destiny 2 Update 2.2.1.

We’ve had a chat with him; if something like this happens again, he’ll be in trouble.

Drifter/Vanguard

Weekly reward packages from the Allegiance quest have been retired with the conclusion of Season of the Drifter. <- Had a feeling this would happen.

Fixed an issue where some players wouldn't see updated vendors and bounty lists after the weekly reset occurred.

General

The Sony-exclusive Hunter armor set “Red Moon Phantom Suit” should no longer appear in Collections for Xbox and PC players.

Fixed an issue where weapon engrams were incorrectly appearing as Masterworked in the loot stream if a player’s inventory was full when walking over them.

Fixed an issue where Arbalest could not be acquired by players who do not own the Annual Pass.

Activities

Raids

Further addressed GUITAR errors that could occur in the Last Wish raid.

Crucible

Players can no longer win Crucible matches by getting kills after the timer has expired. < - Boo! Had some amazing clutch wins due to this :lol:

Fixes an issue where a player could hear the audio for a 20-kill streak but not receive the medal if the 20th kill happened after the match ended.

The Triumph "We Ran Out of Medals" (20-kill streak) will be rewarded if the final kills happen before the match timer ends.

Patrol

After activating the totem, killing the weekly wanted targets will now correctly complete the activity and bounty.

Heroic Adventures

Fixed an issue where players would sometimes load into a different Heroic Adventure on Mars than what was being displayed on the Totem.

Tower

Fixed issues with two Ghost scannables in the Tower

“The one about the Speaker’s quarters...” was moved to outside his door along the walkway.

“The one about Banshee-44 and his old location...” was moved and placed on the ground in the corner.

Niobe Labs/Bergusia Forge

Fixed an issue where players on PC were experiencing crashes traversing Niobe Labs and Bergusia Forge spaces.

Commando/Zero Hour

Fixed bug where players could freeze the activity timer in Zero Hour mission. <- Bit late, as I expect most will have abused this and got everything by now.

Fixed bug where the Heroic version of Zero Hour would be available only on the first character to complete the activity on each account.

Misc.

Fallen mines are no longer impervious to being destroyed while on the ground. <- Finally!

2 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Oof, moving pursuits to the map screen is going to throw me off a bit... :blush:

I really like the new location but showing one line previews doesn't seem that useful. I have to hover over to read anything useful so it is just wasting space and making it more pages.

One of my top wishes is that these menus loaded faster. I have a bit of a problem with opening it way too often.

• Upvote 2

Even though the first thing you have to do is just "get some kills" the start of a new season feels more fun even though I'm doing the same strike as yesterday. Nessus is packed with everyone rushing to kill the same cabal.

Is the first rune the same for everyone? Mine is:

Roll guaranteed to be a sub-machine gun

11 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Why did they change the raid launch time? Screws over the UK folk a bit.

They're always going to 'screw over' someone, somewhere though, aren't they? 

The Russians must be fucking livid.

11 hours ago, pledge said:

Is the first rune the same for everyone? Mine is:

Reveal hidden contents

Roll guaranteed to be a sub-machine gun

Nope mines was for a 

Spoiler

Sniper rifle

Menagerie seems fun. Little raid-lite mechanics with, at the moment at least, challenging enemies. Not really looked at the chalice and rune stuff yet but looks like a cool little mini game on top. 

Pro-tip - Leviathan raid armour perks work in there so worth pulling them out of the vault. 

33 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Ooh. More datamined stuff:

image.png.1877c507ca9821e56b442861cc39efe0.png

The Positivity Club will welcome you all with open arms. And with those base game humble bundle codes we keep offering out because they're worth bob all.

Come home, lads. @Oz misses you.

• Upvote 2

Really enjoyed my first run in the Menagerie. It was really varied and fun. Be interesting to see how it scales as everyone powers up and a meta forms but first impressions were really good. 

4 minutes ago, pledge said:

Can you fail the Menagerie? With randoms I got to the end and some loot, but it seemed like we failed every encounter.

Spoiler

There's no fail state - it just takes longer to do, and later phases on the boss are tougher. It's very possible you can get in a situation you can't beat it and you have to quit, but that's about it.

Also, beating the games gets you triumphs and a buttload of imperials, so that's really the reward for 'winning'.

7 minutes ago, pledge said:

Can you fail the Menagerie? With randoms I got to the end and some loot, but it seemed like we failed every encounter.

It sort of feels like you've answered your own question there, to be honest.

• Upvote 1