rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: Welcome to the Dungeon/Forest/Xenophage

Just now, Gorf King said:

Like all HCs, it got a nerf to effective range, by a few metres. But it also got a Crimson-specific damage buff from 13.76/24.75 base/precision damage to 19/30.5. So as long as you can hit your shots, that's a pretty substantial increase.

I think everyone I've spoken to has enjoyed Crucible a lot more this season than in previous ones, especially Survival and Iron Banner. Even I've started playing it again, so they must be doing something right/horribly but magnificently wrong.

Weird, because even the range on Crimson is pretty good. It feels like a pulse rifle that fires artillery shells - although this is admittedly mostly on the survival maps, which feel a bit more claustrophobic than other MP maps.

That damage is nuts - plus, you get health regen when you get a kill and a reload, so it's amazing for taking down groups. The conventional wisdom was that it was only good for trash mobs - but they're all trash mobs when I've finished with them.

Well, Crimson's catalysed range was mad to start off with, so there's that. But I think maybe the fact that it's a three-burst might help with the range nerf too. Maybe the calcs mean that sometimes one of the shells might not land out of the three, so a couple still land? No idea really. But yeah, it's always been great for chaining red-bar kills together, and that's basically what these fools are. Like a line of thrall.

Hand cannons generally feel pretty nuts at the moment, even with the range nerf. There's an enhanced hand cannon loader mod in the seasonal artifact that speeds things right up, so that if you flip between Ace of Spades in the kinetic slot and that new Vex Offensive hand cannon in the energy slot, you feel like WIlliam Munny without the self-awareness.

I've reset my Valor rank 3 times and I'm still only 24% final blows / 39 % defeats and medals into the Randy's Throwing Knife quest? :quote:

All my guardians are dressed LIKE IRON LORDS so I think that's enough Iron Banner for now.

tiger_release_final_20191022_104403.thumb.png.e67d23ace6cb1b98cc29c995294d625b.png

tiger_release_final_20191022_104409.thumb.png.15548ec4e2b3c69656d25b91c8871734.png

tiger_release_final_20191022_104415.thumb.png.9b77b468ca17a3b1eab059031d97a885.png

• Upvote 1

Does the Whisper of the Worm quest scale up to your level? I'm at 950 + 13 and I made it to the second combat room on my lonesome, where I just got deleted over and over again until I timed out.

I don't think it scales, but it was originally really hard at 400 light with three people, so I would imagine it'll be absolutely bastard hard with one person even at 950.

Your power level scales to a max of +20 of the recommended activity level so you’ll be effectively only be 420 anyway. 

Unless you really need to run it solo I would just go grab a couple of peeps off lfg. 

Just now, KartoffelKopf said:

Your power level scales to a max of +20 of the recommended activity level so you’ll be effectively only be 420 anyway. 

I didn't know that. Does that apply to everything? Strikes at 750 are trivially easy when you're 900+, and you can absolutely melt bosses.

The damage you deal has always stopped increasing once you get 50 above the enemies' level (and the damage you take stops reducing at that point). For Shadowkeep they did change the max threshold for underlevel damage to <100 and scaled that delta accordingly, but I'm not sure they changed the part when you're over level. Don't think they did.

Edit: It's actually 50, not 20. It used to be 20, then it got increased to 50, then... no idea what it is now.

Further edit: to clarify 'the damage you deal', I should say it's the PL of the weapon that counts there, not your overall PL. The latter affects the damage you take, but damage given relates only to the level of the weapon you use.

• Upvote 1

The main disadvantage is that you’re playing against PC nerds. 

On controller my aiming is fine and actually doing better than PS4 versus, but know the opposition are flipping and spinning on a sixpence and point n clicking between my eyes in an instant.

• Empathy 1

Good point - that trick they use where they jump over you and turn quickly, does me some damage, as I can't turn quickly enough with a controller. Not about to go M+KB though as I like my comfy couch gaming.

I finished the main campaign stuff the other day. It's nice of them to give you a "okay here's how you can get more power" pursuit afterwards too, because in the past I've been known to improve power in the least efficient ways :P Vex Offensive seems okay, but a bit run-of-the-mill ("Here's a load of Vex! Also, laser guns?") compared to the variety found in Escalation Protocol, Blind Well or Menagerie back when they were post-game pursuits. Then again, I've only played a few games of VO so it'll probably grow on me...

I'm not being dim by thinking Ikoras quests and bounties are utterly pointless am I? They give you weapons which the VO shits at you liberally, so there's literally no worth in doing them?

• Upvote 1

Well, the gun things give a chance at another roll for a specific gun. Plus her bounties give XP, and XP is power, so it's worth doing them in the same sense as it's worth doing anything that gives XP. There's nothing extra special about them, but you could say the same for almost all bounties really.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm not being dim by thinking Ikoras quests and bounties are utterly pointless am I? They give you weapons which the VO shits at you liberally, so there's literally no worth in doing them?

XP 
Targeting a specific gun for extra chance and good roll

easy to do 

• Upvote 1

Also they are essential to do to stop your inventory, your postmaster and all your alts postmasters filling up with the fucking tokens which for some reason won't stack over 100 and can't be moved to your vault so just sit there triggering my OCD every time I log on. 

• Upvote 1

They're not allowed to fix this easy powerful enemy farm until I've forged all the Black Armory legendary frames :ph34r:

tiger_release_final_20191023_125853.thumb.png.8754622996b2ca2f8aca4f18276821e2.png

Also handy when you realise you're sitting on a stack of Finest Matterweave:

tiger_release_final_20191025_010022.thumb.png.6a2931dd387dcc6f69682c2e1cb51bd8.png

Am I right in assuming that Shadowkeep is the last DLC to be released before the game turns to a season pass model? Will this and other previous DLC be free or how is the season pass stuff going to interact with that?

Got the Leviathan's Breath bow! The quest in general wasn't that bad, although I haven't used bows in a while so I had to re-learn how to use the ones I had :P Yesterday I got to the strike at the end but couldn't survive against the boss with the players I found - today it was more straightforward. :wub: 

11 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Got the Leviathan's Breath bow! The quest in general wasn't that bad, although I haven't used bows in a while so I had to re-learn how to use the ones I had :P Yesterday I got to the strike at the end but couldn't survive against the boss with the players I found - today it was more straightforward. :wub: 

Does it matchmake or did you have to find em

8 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

This is the first Mayhem I've had Shards of Galanor for and... oh my :o If you can get a kill with Blade Barrage and get away safely, instant super.

Just in case you and other people don't know, that instant regen also gets applied in Gambit if you get to a tie-breaker. Provided you get some hits on the primeval or the envoys you'll be recharged. Certainly makes winning those easier! 

@Orbital2060 - it has switched now, yeah. Bungie gave everyone who bought Shadowkeep a pass for this season. Next season is another £10ish (you buy it with Silver so its whatever you can get £10 Xbox credit for). However if you bought the Deluxe edition then they're all included. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Does it matchmake or did you have to find em

The former. The strike isn’t that bad and most of it is familiar anyway, but the last room needs a bit of co-ordinated reviving and support because it’s easy to end up in a tight spot. :) 

10 hours ago, redbloodcel said:

Just in case you and other people don't know, that instant regen also gets applied in Gambit if you get to a tie-breaker. Provided you get some hits on the primeval or the envoys you'll be recharged. Certainly makes winning those easier! 

@Orbital2060 - it has switched now, yeah. Bungie gave everyone who bought Shadowkeep a pass for this season. Next season is another £10ish (you buy it with Silver so its whatever you can get £10 Xbox credit for). However if you bought the Deluxe edition then they're all included. 

Thats cool, thank you. Ive only just made a character and started with the New Light quest line. Yeah I saw the season pass on the store, but I couldnt figure out what was going to happen with all of the raids and content that are only on Shadowkeep level now. There is more than enough to keep me busy for now at least, and until the next season starts in 47 days or so.