rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: Welcome to the Dungeon/Forest/Xenophage

23 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Soooooooooo what happens to my PS4 toons and my Xbox toons? I'm that cunt that played both formats quite a bit. Is one going to overwrite the other?

They showed a clip during the vidoc - It looks like you go to a page on Bungie's site, and set an active account out of your currently linked accounts.

Seems a fair compromise - Having every character merged into one account would probably cock up the light calculation, same with importing characters/collections to one profile.

• Upvote 1

@Andy_Why, maybe scrub part of that! :lol: They just said that not all of Forsaken / the annual pass is bundled in the free game this Sept. Just part of it (but all the stuff that came before Forsaken). Looks like the cadence of free releases isn't *quite* as mad generous as I thought at first.

57 minutes ago, Stanley said:

So I've got Destiny 2 - just the original game on disc, does that mean I can now play newer content free of charge? 

I think you'll be able to play the first 2 DLCs free of charge now; Curse of Osiris and Warmind.

Edit - might be more complicated than that:

A Destiny 2 free to play version called New Light will be released this fall, Bungie announced today. Destiny 2: New Light will include the base game with the Cabal Red War campaign as well as the Leviathan raids, plus all content from the Curse of Osiris and Warmind DLCs. It will also come with Gambit, all the Strikes and Crucible maps, and access to all destinations, including The Dreaming City, Tangled Shore from Forsaken, and the new moon destination coming in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep. 

• Upvote 1

Here's what the Digital Deluxe edition has over the normal version, if anyone's interested:

All Standard Edition Content (normal version of ShadowKeep, which includes its own (3 seasons long) Season Pass)

Four Season Passes, each offering unique and exclusive activities and rewards (I'm assuming this means extra season pass' on top of the one in the base game, otherwise it makes no sense)

Exclusive Eris Morn themed items:

Exotic Emote

Exotic Ghost Shell

Emblem

The base version is £29.99 on the PS Store atm to pre-order. The deluxe edition is £49.99.

3 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Here's what the Digital Deluxe edition has over the normal version, if anyone's interested:

All Standard Edition Content (normal version of ShadowKeep, which includes its own (3 seasons long) Season Pass)

Four Season Passes, each offering unique and exclusive activities and rewards (I'm assuming this means extra season pass' on top of the one in the base game, otherwise it makes no sense)

Exclusive Eris Morn themed items:

Exotic Emote

Exotic Ghost Shell

Emblem

The base version is £29.99 on the PS Store atm to pre-order. The deluxe edition is £49.99.

Yeah, it's... reasonably clear now that the new free core product that's going to come out, New Light, is all of D2 year one (vanilla and the two expansions, Osiris and Warmind), but only includes parts of year two (Forsaken and the current annual pass) and also, surprisingly, a bit of the forthcoming Sept expansion, Shadowkeep. But it doesn't include all of Forsaken and the current annual pass to date - for example, there are no year two raids in there. You get 'all destinations', but do you get everything contained in each of them, like the forges and the Zero Hour encounter on Earth, or the Whisper quest, or the Well and Ascendant challenges in the Dreaming City? It says you get Gambit, but do you get Gambit Prime and the Reckoning? I can't see it. Because if you add all those in, pretty much all that's not there are the year two raids. It's not 100% clear though.

They've actually managed to make this all quite confusing. In a chat on comms last night there was a bit of uncertainty about what the wording for the Shadowkeep expansion on the PS Store meant. It's very badly worded (and it's the same wording on Xbox).

I think what it means is that the standard £29.99 Shadowkeep has the core expansion and one season pass, that being the starting one in Sept. There are three more season passes in the year (so there are four seasons in total, not three), and if you buy the deluxe version of Shadowkeep for £49.99 you get all four season passes, so the full year's new content.

In D2 we've just started season 7. So season 8 starts in September at the same time as the core Shadowkeep expansion. They're not for sale yet, but you'll be able to buy each future season of the year - 9, 10 and 11 - individually instead of having to buy the whole year's bundle like we did this year. But what's confusing (or more confusing) is that both the standard and deluxe versions of Shadowkeep say 'If players already own the current Season Pass, they will receive credit toward future Seasons up until Season 11. Any credits beyond Season 11 will be exchanged for an equivalent value of Silver.'

I get what that means literally, but if you pre-order the standard version, how could you possible already own the season 8 pass when you log in come September? Unless you accidentally buy it when it goes for sale, on top of buying Shadowkeep itself, which always contains the season 8 pass, so I suppose in that case they'd give you 9, or 10, or 11 for free, which is fair enough. But if you buy the deluxe version, which comes with 8, 9, 10 and 11 already, and then 'accidentally' somehow buy one of those season passes before you log in to Shadowkeep for the first time in September, how can they do anything but give you some silver? There's no way they can credit you with any season up to 11, is there?

Anyway, it's fairly clear that the standard pack contains the core Shadowkeep and its first Sept-Dec season, and the deluxe covers you for the full year of all four seasons, plus some digital tat. And that if you only buy the standard version you can pick and choose which, if any, of the next three seasons you want to buy separately. Like, if that had happened this year I might have not bothered buying Season of the Drifter at all. But I don't really get the 'credit against future seasons if you already own this one' thing at all. And it's still not entirely clear exactly what the free base game contains from year two's content (or what the bit of Shadowkeep it contains amounts to).

They said they wanted to make this simpler, but I don't think they have just yet.

I last played Destiny when The Forsaken came out. I'm presuming that the subsequent season pass content was all date constrained, I.e. it's no longer available if I took out the season pass now? Or is the content still all there for me to work through at my leisure? 

The annual pass is still there for sale, and obviously all the content is still there - the last part of it only dropped this week. It's on sale on PSN atm for £11.99 (usually £29.99).

Edit: for clarity, the passes contain content that's added to the game, not a transient thing. There are some events that are time-limited, but they're not part of the annual pass anyway - everyone gets them if they have the base Forsaken game (and in many cases, people who only own vanilla D2 get them as well).

• Upvote 1

This was probably my favourite bit of the vidoc:

D2mods1.png

High hopes for that. But did anyone else notice this?:

D2mods2.png

Hmm. So artefacts (which are seasonal) are composed of many mods, which themselves deactivate at the end of the season, unlike the standard mods?

Last thing I did was finish Curse of Osiris and begin Warmind. I'm totally put off that I'm so far behind in level/power that it isn't worth playing. Should I start playing again?

@Purin  If you do the first short quest in the new season DLC you get 690 gear drop for all your characters in all slots. Max power last season was 700 so you're pretty much ready to go and jump in to the new stuff

Bungie are aware people are dropping in and out of seasons particularly the last one so they are making it easy for people to power back up. 

Have you got Forsaken and the current annual pass? If you have, you can just do the Invitation quest at the start of the new Season of Opulence and that'll give you full 690 gear for all your characters within half an hour. That's good to go.

Edit: oh, snap.

37 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

@Purin  If you do the first short quest in the new season DLC you get 690 gear drop for all your characters in all slots. Max power last season was 700 so you're pretty much ready to go and jump in to the new stuff

Bungie are aware people are dropping in and out of seasons particularly the last one so they are making it easy for people to power back up. 

Wait what?

I last played during Forsaken and didn't finish it. If I login and do this quest do I get free gear? I did buy the season pass for the dlc at the time.

Guys. I may be playing some D2 this weekend.

It’s not nostalgia pandering so much as an attempt to turn the game into what it always should have been, a single game called Destiny that only ever gets bigger and broader. No doubt all the old stuff will come back over the next couple of years and I’m delighted about that. 

Very good stream I thought, though I switched off when the Datto bit started because much as I like the guy, he’s no interviewer. Most encouraging thing for me was coming right out and calling it an MMO. Very smart way of saying they no longer answer to anyone but themselves and their players. 

Future’s bright. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Flub said:

Wait what?

I last played during Forsaken and didn't finish it. If I login and do this quest do I get free gear? I did buy the season pass for the dlc at the time.

Guys. I may be playing some D2 this weekend.

Yeah, and it's on ALL characters. It's only blue gear of course but it gets your power up to start getting powerful drops above 690. 

Go see Benedict in the tower and he'll sort you out. 

1 minute ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, and it's on ALL characters. It's only blue gear of course but it gets your power up to start getting powerful drops above 690. 

Go see Benedict in the tower and he'll sort you out. 

Will it stop me from doing the rest of the forsaken stuff if I do that?

With Fifa winding down, think I might have to get involved with this again.

Looks like its completely changed from when I last played.

Whats light level now? 800?

12 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Very good stream I thought, though I switched off when the Datto bit started because much as I like the guy, he’s no interviewer.

That's a shame because the questions he was asking were pretty good and it was fun watching the devs try and dance around some of them.

I'm planning on building a gaming PC after the summer and this is one of the top games on my list now due to the cross save.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mafro said:

That's a shame because the questions he was asking were pretty good and it was fun watching the devs try and dance around some of them.

I'm planning on building a gaming PC after the summer and this is one of the top games on my list now due to the cross save.

I've switched over to PC, there are a small core of players in the PC clan too. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Thanks for your contributions to the clan xp this week!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Every time I see 60fps footage it just makes me sad I'm on PS4.