rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: undying | mind | the | step

Finally got the Majestic Solstice set for my character! Considering my overall stats were quite poor I'm happy enough with the jump in average power :D 

The last thing I had on my list was the completion of a few Gambit matches, which I thought would be painless, but I still had to watch people run around with 13-14 motes shooting foes, when we only need about 2 for the primeval...

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

Finally got the Majestic Solstice set for my character! Considering my overall stats were quite poor I'm happy enough with the jump in average power :D 

The last thing I had on my list was the completion of a few Gambit matches, which I thought would be painless, but I still had to watch people run around with 13-14 motes shooting foes, when we only need about 2 for the primeval...

tenor.gif

That shit drives me nuts. So many people with no concept of how to play. I watched a guy with 15 motes invade recently and get killed. I was fuming!

I'm still on Blue armour and need to do a lot in the EAZ to progress, can see me getting the Majestic but not the Masterwork requirements.

@Qazimod What level does the majestic gear drop at? And how is the armour element determined - looks to be Hunter/Solar , Titan/Void, Warlock/Arc?

11 hours ago, Phelan said:

That shit drives me nuts. So many people with no concept of how to play. I watched a guy with 15 motes invade recently and get killed. I was fuming!

Isn't there a triumph for invading with 15 motes? Some of the stupid behaviour is down to bad quests/triumphs making you play in a sub-optimal way. 

There's a Triumph for defeating an invader while you're carrying 15 motes. If they had one for invading while carrying fifteen, they may as well have one for disconnecting when you're losing, or going AFK for an entire match.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Varnsen said:

So given Cross save goes live next week, is there a PC clan we have here that needs M&K n00bs? I'm keen to try it on PC. I have the base game they gave away free and would like to experience extra frames. 

Paging @tnman

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, K said:

There's a Triumph for defeating an invader while you're carrying 15 motes. If they had one for invading while carrying fifteen, they may as well have one for disconnecting when you're losing, or going AFK for an entire match.

my mistake! i wouldn't have put it past them. Making people use a bow in Gambit for about 40 plus matches is almost the equivalent of throwing every match imo.

3 hours ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

I'm still on Blue armour and need to do a lot in the EAZ to progress, can see me getting the Majestic but not the Masterwork requirements.

@Qazimod What level does the majestic gear drop at? And how is the armour element determined - looks to be Hunter/Solar , Titan/Void, Warlock/Arc?

750 with void resistance for my Titan (I don't use other characters on my account.)

I quit whilst wearing it last night, so you may be able to click my character in my profile and take a look: https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/11291270/theqazimod

Not a fan of the way stats work on armour 2.0. Didnt seem to be a way to modify mobility/resilience/recovery from the mod menu's shown, so Hunters may still be stuck with way too much mobility and too little recovery even in armour 2.0. Also having to re-acquire mods, as well as exotic armour if you want better stats, though they said you can pull them from collections with set stats (suggesting they would still be 2.0). They also said the current mods wont be useless, but they effectively are once you start using armour 2.0, as the way they talked about it, they cant be slotted.

On the plus side, glimmer cap is being raised to 250000 and you can see your ghost above your characters shoulder in the character menu, along with your sparrow in the background. Weapons of Light is also back for Titan's Bubble and shadowshot will be buffed, damage wise, though its yet to be seen if tether speed is more reliable.

On 13/08/2019 at 12:05, Varnsen said:

So given Cross save goes live next week, is there a PC clan we have here that needs M&K n00bs? I'm keen to try it on PC. I have the base game they gave away free and would like to experience extra frames. 

See the link in my sig! Request to join and I'll approve you. :) 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Varnsen said:

my mistake! i wouldn't have put it past them. Making people use a bow in Gambit for about 40 plus matches is almost the equivalent of throwing every match imo.

Use The Vow if you got it in the Valentines Month. Draw is around 600 so much faster than other bows and has good impact. I'm smashing it with it.

Stand back. Kill everything. Let your team mates collect all the motes while you provide cover.

8 hours ago, Phelan said:

Use The Vow if you got it in the Valentines Month. Draw is around 600 so much faster than other bows and has good impact. I'm smashing it with it.

Stand back. Kill everything. Let your team mates collect all the motes while you provide cover.

An Arsenic Bite with Archer's Tempo and Rampage would also be a good choice. 

Bows aren't really in a great place though, hopefully they've looked at them alongside the buff for Scouts in Shadowkeep. 

I mean i've already finished the bow kills part of that quest, just moaning that it's such a poor choice of weapon in a Gambit game, really off meta to the extent it drastically reduces your chances of winning imo. 

for the record, i used trinity ghoul for ages and then the black armoury bow with rampage and so i could run Jotunn to actually be helpful to my team in some way. 

28 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Part II of the Director's Cut is up -= https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48064

Biggest news is that every single piece of equipment in your inventory is all getting raised to power level 750 when Shadowkeep hits. So, stop infusing stuff now if you don't need to I guess. 

So...there's literally no point in me playing it ATM?

I don't know if him saying that is incredibly stupid or smart.

Any players here who don't have 750 characters? Do you want to play now?

Cos my Titan is 705-summet, and I was gonna grind my ass off for Solstice gear to get up to 750 now but I mean, now there's no point soooooo...

Oh and before the "because it's fun to play the game?" reply comes in - yes it is, it's so fun I've ploughed an ungodly number of days (not hours, days!) into this game but hasn't Luke Smith essentially just given me a Destiny 'holiday'?

*Looks at pile of shame...*

I dunno, I quite like the idea of doing whatever activities I want in the game without having to worry about doing the ones that will increase my power.

I realise I'm an edge case but that news has just made me want to properly level to 750 while I still can, as I've never done it before.

Although I'm already getting a bit sick of The Insight Terminus!

1 hour ago, tnman said:

I don't know if him saying that is incredibly stupid or smart.

Any players here who don't have 750 characters? Do you want to play now?

Cos my Titan is 705-summet, and I was gonna grind my ass off for Solstice gear to get up to 750 now but I mean, now there's no point soooooo...

Oh and before the "because it's fun to play the game?" reply comes in - yes it is, it's so fun I've ploughed an ungodly number of days (not hours, days!) into this game but hasn't Luke Smith essentially just given me a Destiny 'holiday'?

*Looks at pile of shame...*

I guess the only point to getting Solstice armor up to Legendary at this point is so you have its 2.0 equivalent ready for you from the Gunsmith when Shadowkeep drops. It's the only armor that will immediately be waiting for you as 2.0-ready on day 1. 

I'm just chasing Pinnacle/exotic weapons that I don't really have yet. It is somewhat refreshing not to have to worry about the Power chase, at least for a little while.

I'd just finished getting Solstice armour on all three classes, having played only Hunter in D2 until a couple of weeks ago. That means I'm now completing the Forsaken content with 750 power and it is absurdly easy. This would seem like an odd experience for people coming in for New Light.

Can anyone who’s completed the Majestic Solstice Armour confirm what determines the element it drops at?  

I’ve read a lot about people saying it’s dependant on class but others say it’s random or determined by the element of the day?

On 15/08/2019 at 22:33, pledge said:

I'd just finished getting Solstice armour on all three classes, having played only Hunter in D2 until a couple of weeks ago. That means I'm now completing the Forsaken content with 750 power and it is absurdly easy. This would seem like an odd experience for people coming in for New Light.

Did you level two new characters in the other classes or did you already have them reasonably leveled?

(reason I ask is I've only ever played one character, a Warlock, and I'm wondering how long it'd take to level up the other classes)

I had them up to the end of the original D2. Took them through Curse and Warmind whilst doing the Solstice, which more or less got me to level 50. The earlier armour was only around 300 light though so the strike part was a bit harder as had to pick lower level strikes and wait for people to play with. But then once the solstice armour is completed it dropped immediately at 750.

I’d say each took me about 15 hours.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

Can anyone who’s completed the Majestic Solstice Armour confirm what determines the element it drops at?  

I’ve read a lot about people saying it’s dependant on class but others say it’s random or determined by the element of the day?

I think its class specific as my Titan is void, my hunter is arc and my warlock is solar - the sets shown in Bungie's recent armour 2.0 preview had the same elements I believe.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

I think its class specific as my Titan is void, my hunter is arc and my warlock is solar - the sets shown in Bungie's recent armour 2.0 preview had the same elements I believe.

Yeah my Hunter is Arc, Titan is Void and my Warlock is Solar also.

It is a shame you can't pick and choose but such is life.

Its a bit shit because in shadowkeep they keep the energy they are now, and yet you only get the one set. Probably why they allowed us to have them as a 2.0 set tbh, as they knew we'd need to get 2 other sets with different energy.

Cross-save functionality is now up. Just went through the process myself, no problems whatsoever. All of my PS4 stuff (aside from 200 Silver, which I'll somehow live without) is now available on PC.

100 FOV, 1440p at 60fps, and I even bothered to dig out the little paddles for my Xbox elite controller. I'm never going back - even if I do end up getting completely tanked by mouse and keyboard users in Crucible...

So if I buy the PC version now I can have all my stuff from my PS4 character on there? When is the free version out? Will it be worth playing or is it going to be like getting into Destiny by buying the previous version?