rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: undying | mind | the | step

3 hours ago, Mafro said:

Every time I see 60fps footage it just makes me sad I'm on PS4.

Mate it is buttery smooth. I struggle to go back and play on console, it's spoiled me.

The console versions are great, but you can definitely notice the difference once you try PC. It's not overly demanding spec wise either, a 1050ti gets you 60fps at 1080p, high settings.

I hope cross play happens, wold be good to play with some of the PS4 guys again. Not sure how chat would work though.

Cross play wouldnt work due to mouse and keyboard on PC and the obvious lack of it on console. Its so easy to hit shots with M+K compared to console due to the lack of recoil. Cant see cross play ever working as a result, as the two control methods are so different, M+K would be a massive advantage in Crucible and Gambit.

1 hour ago, Mr Ben said:

Cross play wouldnt work due to mouse and keyboard on PC and the obvious lack of it on console. Its so easy to hit shots with M+K compared to console due to the lack of recoil. Cant see cross play ever working as a result, as the two control methods are so different, M+K would be a massive advantage in Crucible and Gambit.

Fortnite already handles this well, plus you could always opt in/out. There's no reason not to do it now they're free from constraints.

any of the old crew tempted to double dip and bring your guardian into the future (or rather present) on PC? I miss you lot. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Oz said:

any of the old crew tempted to double dip and bring your guardian into the future (or rather present) on PC? I miss you lot. 

I am. As is Chris. Probably a few others too :wub: 

• Upvote 2

I'm a casual at Destiny, so can someone answer some basic questions.

1. Why does the matchmaking so often put me with randoms up against a clan of three? I'm guessing to make the matching faster but it makes for some terribly unfair games.

2. On PS4, why not make one half of the touchpad go to the pursuits screen? Parity with xbox?

3. For the daily and weeklies would it be better to make it so you have to be on the winning side for it to count. On each reset I seem to get stuck in a team where someone will just sit at the spawn waiting for it to be over.

3 hours ago, Oz said:

Was it something we did?

4 hours ago, Oz said:

Never got on with mouse and keyboard, also prefer gaming on the couch. The PC visuals are tempting though!

On 07/06/2019 at 11:39, Flub said:

WOooo. I'm all about the free gear.

Just a note regarding this - if you haven't finished Forsaken you might need to finish levelling to 50 before you can use the 690 stuff! 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, redbloodcel said:

Just a note regarding this - if you haven't finished Forsaken you might need to finish levelling to 50 before you can use the 690 stuff! 

That's cool. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm already there. If not I'll just do more Forsaken content until I am. I had plenty left to do.

Yeah, the Wealth of the Emperor buff stock reset last night as well, so you can pick up another three. Odd time for a reset, especially since after picking up the first three the vendor text said you'd reached your weekly limit.

• Upvote 1

The Truth quest appears to be bugged. 

When you get the step to find the map fragments all across the galaxy just go back to Petra and she has them all in her abandoned quests tab. 

Oh Bungie....

Yep, and if you do the nessus kills while ascendant and then do a nightfall, it gives the nessus map fragment again for some reason, so you could skip one map fragment if you wanted to, as I still have that second nessus map fragment, even after completing the quest and getting Truth :lol:

Sadly, I did the other 3 fragments then did the nightfalls, so it didnt help me at all :facepalm:

Interesting interview with Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy on the future of Destiny. Some pleasing comments about their resistance to big budget sequels and keep the game right for the current fanbase and if they can bring in new players along the way then great but they aren't worried about the GTA and Fifa crowd in the same way that Activision obviously were.

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2s-next-year-will-depend-on-how-players-like-th-1835446250

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to being able to move my game from PS4 to PC in September. I just tried my copy of the base game on my PC and it's frankly delicious. That m/kb action combined with 4k/60 is "lip smack".

Given it looks like we can just buy the bits we want I might just grab Forsaken (Since I never finished it on PS4) and whatever the new stuff is come september.

Having to buy the expansions on each platform isn't surprising, but means I'm only likely to use cross-save to permanently move platforms.

Sorry for being dense here, but there will be no cross play with any platform. It's cross save. Will Stadia players be able to cross save?

I miss my PS4 Clan (hi Pete, Bish, Col, Punk :)  ) but I moved to PC. Hopefully this move may tempt them over to the PC side....

Yeah, that sounds like a really good change. When it says "Unused Eververse items" what does it mean? All the armour/shaders/insert other thing I can't remember here without turning the game on? EDIT: FOUND IT! "armor, Sparrows, shaders, Ghost Shells, transmat effects"

I've just got back into this after @Tetchy forcibly making me sort my gear out. It's bizarre how the simply act of having to sift through your gear and bank is a massive barrier to playing something.

Anyway I quite like the gameplay loop now. I'm never going to raid, and I presume at some point I'll just burn out again, but it's nice to pootle about shooting things and having goals to grind towards. Crucible is still a bag of fucking bullshit dicks with garbage connections, especially when you're restarting with very little decent gear.