rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Its about £10.

Also, Kraffty got invited to Bungie, so Trials definitely be back soon-ish, maybe even Season of Dawn (someone posted in the trailer thread on twitter that he saw the Trials of Osiris icon briefly).

17 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Its about £10.

Also, Kraffty got invited to Bungie, so Trials definitely be back soon-ish, maybe even Season of Dawn (someone posted in the trailer thread on twitter that he saw the Trials of Osiris icon briefly).

It's make sense with Osiris and all his flannel being so prominent .

Do we think they'll have reworked Mercury to not be shit? And maybe kicked Brother Vance in the dick and told him wind his fucking neck in?

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Do we think they'll have reworked Mercury to not be shit? And maybe kicked Brother Vance in the dick and told him wind his fucking neck in?

During the trailer there are sparrows being ridden on Mercury. Whether its in a strike or some other activity is unknown, but it could be in general as its been asked for since.....whenever Mercury was introduced basically.

Seems as though the new 6-man activity is Menagerie-like mechanics but now fighting Cabal in a new zone on Mercury.

Looked pretty good and hopefully you'll be able to target specific drops though the stream didn't mention a Chalice-like item. Devs did say you can't fail the activity and a coordinated team can get through it much quicker.

It seems almost identical to Menagerie structurally, in that you get to choose which weapon(s) you're going for, the encounter doesn't have a fail state, there are new bosses added as the weeks go on, and the higher-level version isn't matchmade and requires a pre-made fireteam of six (or between one and three if you're Gladd).

On 03/12/2019 at 20:53, moosegrinder said:

I really hope so! Nobody would miss the old version and changing the map to maybe be a bit bigger and more diverse would be great. 

That said I really fell off the last season a few weeks ago now, and the fact that this one is longer is making me sceptical all this content will stretch even further. 

• Upvote 1

I don't necessarily think falling off the wagon is a bad thing, though. People seem to think you either have to be 'in' or 'out' when the fact is you play as much or as little as you want. Cane the content, go and play something else, come back for the new season. Drip feed it. Don't play it, come back the season after.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is people rinsing the living shit out of it then moaning at Bungie that there wasn't enough to do. There's only so much devs can put in but people seem to think time and money is infinite when it comes to putting in content. I guess that's the culture live service games has nurtured.

• Upvote 5

TWAB

Powerful and Pinnacle Reward Caps

• Powerful Cap: 960, up from 950
  • Pinnacle Cap: 970, up from 960

SILVER-ONLY CONTENT

Offering some amount of Eververse content for Silver only is part of ensuring we are able to fund our ability to keep creating and maintaining Destiny and supporting the team that makes Destiny. That said, we agree with you that we’d also like to see a higher ratio of items that will also be available for Bright Dust. By the end of Season of the Undying, around 50% of Eververse content will have been offered for Bright Dust. In Season of Dawn, we’re going to make around 80% of Eververse content available for Bright Dust at some point during the season.

We’ve also heard you say that you want to know what will be offered for Silver only so you can plan what you are interested in buying.  We agree that providing transparency is vital to making informed decisions. We plan to share on social every week what items will be for Silver only during the season as they appear on the Eververse store.

BRIGHT DUST ECONOMY

In Season of the Undying, we changed Bright Dust from a pay-and/or-play-to-earn currency to a play-to-earn reward. We want all players to be able to acquire a selection of their favorite Eververse content every season just by playing the game, and we’ve been keeping an eye on the Bright Dust economy in Season of the Undying with this in mind. In Season of Dawn, all Dawning Weekly and Repeatable bounties will award Bright Dust in quantities equal to the amount awarded from strike, Crucible, and Gambit bounties (200 per weekly and 10 per repeatable). Crimson Days will do the same for Weekly bounties only, as this event does not include Repeatable bounties. 

DUPLICATE PURCHASE PREVENTION

The Eververse store no longer permits purchasing an item that is already in your Collection. Hopefully this makes it much more clear which items you have already purchased and will keep you from spending Silver or Bright Dust on an item you already have. 

And lots of other stuff. Also, better pic:

Destiny_SoD_Calendar_EN.jpg?cv=398362121

Weapon Mods

-The cost of slotting a weapon mod has been reduced from 5,000 Glimmer to 500 Glimmer

-Fixed an issue where Ada-1 could grant duplicate weapon mods

While a little peculiar in disparity compared to armour I never felt I was ever going to run out of money modding weapons. However the Ada dupe thing should never have got through any kind of testing. At least I'll get my Dragonfly mod now.

They need to ditch glimmer for mods completely and add a proper, Monster Hunter-style loadout system, or at least add changing mods to the API so Destiny Item Manager et al can add one instead. Now that having custom builds is more feasible, switching between them manually is a pain in the ass, especially the modding part.

Was hoping for more of a power upgrade tbh.

As someone who doesn't too much Pinnacle stuff weekly as friends left (although the might be coming back) when reaching the "powerful cap" there's less incentive to do anything (and yeah it would be a grind if they raised more just to pad out, but it would still feel like progression)

Well, the power bonus from the artefact is infinite, and you can't get much more of a grind than an infinite one. You can skip pinnacles altogether if you no-life the game solo, and I suppose that's an incentive to do absolutely everything and anything if you're that way inclined.

But then, you don't actually need that power unless you're doing pinnacle stuff anyway. Same as it ever was.

The difference in Iron banner feels more minor than it ever has as well, with barely any difference between playing it at 940 compared to 970.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but... I have the quest for Eriana's Vow's catalyst still on the go and finally ground my way up to the 4x progression booster the other day. No chance I am finishing it before the season ends; am presuming it'll still carry on even in the new season?

Got back into Destiny in a pretty big way over the past month. Am enjoying being a Hunter once again!

You can keep doing it, but you won’t have the 4x boost from the artefact anymore, so it will be even slower. It said they’re adding a different method to get the gun and catalyst later.

I gave up on it though, the gun feels shite and I’m not using it for hours in the hope that it might be less shite with the catalyst.

• Upvote 1

Eriana's vow is amazing for anything with tough shielded enemies, particularly Nightfall Ordeals (check out the 980 solo run someone did of The Scarlet Keep with it), which is why it's baffling that activity don't give you any progress on the catalyst. Just as well it wrecks Envoys in Gambit Prime.

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Didn't realise after void kills and score you needed solar kills and score for the vanguard shaders and emblem. Presuming it's arc after that we well. Nah.

yep 

I need 9% more Randy Medals, a couple of strikes and the 980 nightfall 

Its the 980 that worries me. Will have to lfg it...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Didn't realise after void kills and score you needed solar kills and score for the vanguard shaders and emblem. Presuming it's arc after that we well. Nah.

The solar wasn’t too bad as it included melee. Arc doesn’t was hundreds of ability kills so I gave up.