rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Just seen a message in game that Pinnacles gear is being buffed to +2 on Thursday so dont hand any bounties in/do activities that reward pinnacle gear. You'll prolly see it pop up yourselves but just a heads up.

Just the 980 Nightfall left to do to get ready for the Undying title when the Undying Mind arrives. I've done this week's 920 a couple of times as part of a quest for the last of Eris' ghost buddies and that got hairy enough :ph34r:

Most of the requests I've seen on the PC LFG discord won't let you in without Izanagi's Bugged Quest Gun or Divinity. Does anyone here play late on the PC? It's 11pm in the UK when I can start playing during the week.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's the deal with infusion?

I started playing with New Light, and now that I'm at about 910 power level, I want to start looking at improving my gear.

Everything I've read suggests that if I've got a legendary item (weapon, armour etc.) I should be able to infuse it with a similar item at a higher level. But I can't. As an example, I've got half a dozen Tangled Web Warlock Bonds. One is 901 power with 5 Arc energy, the others are higher power, but with lower energies. Shouldn't I be able to infuse the higher level bonds into the 901 bond? None of them have any mods applied, yet the only thing I can infuse into the 901 Tangled Web is a 907 bond that I've currently got equipped.

I'm seeing exactly the same with every type of armour and weapon - e.g. I've got a bunch of auto rifles around 902-903, but I can't infuse them into a 901 auto rifle, even though I've got loads of glimmer and a couple of dozen upgrade modules.

Do you have all the planetary mats you need? If you hover/mouse over the thing you want to feed if it’s greyed it’ll show what mats you need and how many of each you have. 

Either way I wouldn’t recommend infusing anything just yet as you’re still below soft cap and will keep raising your power level from regular drops. If it’s a gun you adore with a crazy roll then maybe, once it’s like 20 power levels off the pace, and you are swimming in mats, you can bump it up.

But it’s far from the optimal thing to do and while it will have a small effect on how strong you are in combat, it won’t effect the level of subsequent drops. The game calculates that based not on your equipped loadout, but on everything in your inventory (including vault iirc). Just keep your highest powered blue for each slot in your inventory until you get something better. 

If you’ve got an exotic you want to use that feels underlevelled you can pull another copy out of the Collections menu for a small amount of glimmer and mats. It won’t be at your current power level but it’ll be close enough, and is much cheaper than infusion. 

They literally don't show up in the infusion menu. The thing I've got equipped does, and is greyed out (presumably because it's equipped), but nothing else does.

Thanks for the advice though - I'll keep on playing the way I have. Although since I detest the multiplayer I've played I imagine it'll be a really slow process before I hit the soft cap, as the crucible/strikes/gambit seems to be where you earn the most experience.

So you’re going onto the weapon with the lower power level, which is also a purple or yellow weapon, and on the infusion icon below you’re highlighting and not seeing higher power blue, purple or yellow weapons?

On 09/11/2019 at 22:03, Scribblor said:

Thanks for the advice though - I'll keep on playing the way I have. Although since I detest the multiplayer I've played I imagine it'll be a really slow process before I hit the soft cap, as the crucible/strikes/gambit seems to be where you earn the most experience.

Apprehension towards multiplayer is totally understandable, but the multiplayer PvE activities (Gambit, strikes, public events) are generally good fun and when playing with randoms I've hardly ever run into anyone purposely ruining the experience. Everyone's working towards the same goal so it'll be in their interests to not be jerks. Also a lot of the time you can play these activities without bothering with the team voice channel unless they're harder activities that need co-ordination between people (nightfalls etc.)

Also, check around the director's map for any unfinished daily or weekly challenges - they'll have the little gold symbol by the location and you can still get decent gear from them. :) 

There many people playing on PC on here? I picked up Shadowkeep when it came out and have been really enjoying it and playing it more than I probably should so I've tried to join the PC clan that was linked earlier in the hopes of grouping up a bit.

13 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Meta guns are well and good, but the Halfdan-D I just got from Banshee with Outlaw & Rampage goes CHONK CHONK CHONK CHONK all moon long.

tiger_release_final_20191114_182957.thumb.png.84d3fbadb9d2533d46064a681b1d1bcf.png

All the meta weapons always require mega quests or raid completions or both, so I’m always carrying something random. I love my misfit and ether Doctor, even though ARs that fire that fast have apparently been needed into the ground. 

21 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I've been rolling Ringing Nails from Ada-1. I fucking love it. Seems to have a bad rep though.

I love Ringing Nail too, it's great at a bit of distance so it pairs well with my Trackless Waste (another gun people never seem to mention, though I mostly play PvE to be fair).

• Upvote 1

Friendship ended with Recluse, now MOUNTAINTOP is my best friend.

20191115_213557_HDR.thumb.jpg.45b1844726f3055323bfa3c0a8ccf05e.jpg

This quest was no fun at all and I do not recommened any sane person doing it. But if you must, there's 3 more days of Momentum Control left. Grab your Fighting Lion/Play of the Game combo, and leave both your brain and your soul at the door.

• Upvote 1

On 02/11/2019 at 13:03, Qazimod said:

I got the Gambit pinnacle weapon "Breakneck" the other day! Only took me eleven months :lol: 

And I just got the Oxygen SR3 for that other ancient pinnacle goal. :D I've been sticking with my trusty Polaris forever because of the combination of Dragonfly and Perfect Fifth, but Dragonfly and Meganeura sounds equally interesting... :wub: 

23 hours ago, lewismistreated said:

Friendship ended with Recluse, now MOUNTAINTOP is my best friend.

20191115_213557_HDR.thumb.jpg.45b1844726f3055323bfa3c0a8ccf05e.jpg

This quest was no fun at all and I do not recommened any sane person doing it. But if you must, there's 3 more days of Momentum Control left. Grab your Fighting Lion/Play of the Game combo, and leave both your brain and your soul at the door

I'm finding Momentum Control too difficult to make any meaningful progress. Seem to get killed myself before I can fire and detonate the grenades, often at a distance due to the amount of scout rifle users there.

I often don't survive long enough to get the medals. And despite progress in the other two categories, I still have 0 double kills. That's going to be the sticking point. 

On 07/11/2019 at 07:08, Nobuo's Organ said:

Just the 980 Nightfall left to do to get ready for the Undying title when the Undying Mind arrives. I've done this week's 920 a couple of times as part of a quest for the last of Eris' ghost buddies and that got hairy enough :ph34r:

Most of the requests I've seen on the PC LFG discord won't let you in without Izanagi's Bugged Quest Gun or Divinity. Does anyone here play late on the PC? It's 11pm in the UK when I can start playing during the week.

Missed this before, but I’m often playing on PC after 11 UK time. Happy to do higher level nightfalls, and I could really do with doing the quests for Thorn and Malefesence. I’m up for anything except raiding.

On 18/11/2019 at 01:35, Broker said:

Missed this before, but I’m often playing on PC after 11 UK time. Happy to do higher level nightfalls, and I could really do with doing the quests for Thorn and Malefesence. I’m up for anything except raiding.

Sweet. what's your steam id? Mine's jbscript

1 hour ago, Gorf King said:

So the Undying Mind is...

Hide contents

like the last VO boss, but easier to kill? I mean, I didn't expect them to rework the whole VO, but. Well. Hmm.

Was about to post the same thing after completing my first run of it. Not sure why I was expecting more but I laughed at it being so slight. 

Aye, I was hoping for a bit more of a challenge, a different mechanic or something. Seems a curious lack of payoff for the slow build of the portal construction - not to say what's probably the last triumph to unlock Undying for a lot of people. I didn't expect it to be super hard or radically reworked, but just.... something a bit more than it was. Which seemed somehow even less taxing than the thing it replaced.

I used to like it when some of the quests were vague and you had to wait until Reddit worked it out but Randy's throwing knife is just annoying. I have no idea if it is bugged or not. I'm getting the medals described online and it seems pot luck if anything at all happens to the progress. I was stuck at 33% for days with no amount of clearing cache, secondary character, abandon quest making any difference. It has now ticked up but stuck at 35% again and I get medals that are meant to be 1% and nothing.

If I want to play Destiny 2 on my Xbox what’s the best way in? 

Should I just download the free to play version and play till I hit a wall the. Pay for more? Or should I buy shadowkeep now? (It’s in the sale for £18) Does buying shadowkeep off the bat give me any Immediate advantages over doing the former? Will best everything with that including forsaken? They’ve made it well confusing!