rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

22 hours ago, Capp said:

I've started playing this on PC as well as PS4 now, but tis a lonely place at the moment.  Is there a list of forumites out there I can add to my Steam Friends that might be interested in teaming up for some of the larger endgame stuff?  

Apparently you were in another clan, so my accepting your request has turned into a pending invite for you to confirm you want to leave your old one.

21 hours ago, Hawklord said:

Just sent a join request. Should be from Stormbringer on Steam. Cheers, didn't realise we had a PC Clan

Edit: I don't have Shadowkeep yet, only Forsaken

Welcome. :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tnman said:

Welcome. :)

Excellent, thanks.. Been enjoying so far. Started on PS4 then didn't get time to play much but when the cross save came in I was able to get a lot more done on PC. Picked up Forsaken in the Steam sale and will see about Shadowkeep if the price drops. Got so much to get through as it is :)  

They rotate them on a weekly basis, so it’s currently stuck on the Vex one which is really hard. 

They rotate daily unless I'm confusing it with one of the other trillion things to do in this game. 

It is frustrating they're broken still though. I could be working towards Izanagi's, Jotunn and whatever the other 'craft 10 legendary frames' quest is working towards all at the same time. The alternative is do a shit-ton of forges and then do it all again when fixed which I'm not enamoured with. Don't mind doing a few a week but there's too much to do for me as it is. 

The quest step that requires you to craft legendary frames doesn't seem to work properly. You forge a frame, and it doesn't register.

• Upvote 1

Just the Izanagi's Burden quest. It was impossible to complete for quite a while and they supposedly fixed it this week but have just broken it in a different way instead. I got the Gofannon key which just disappeared on use instead of unlocking part of the quest. Seen some redditors saying some of the rare quest rewards just disappear as well. 

edit: @K That too? Christ.

10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The Izanami forge can just straight fuck off.

Ah, it's not so bad. Just have one player on the island lobbing magic balls up to the main bit.

• Upvote 1

Oh blimey, I didn't realise that bit of the quest was broken too. I used a key and it disappeared - I assumed I'd done something wrong.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

They've definitely made them more difficult in general, whether that's because of the scaling or some other change I don't know. The Izanami forge can just straight fuck off.

It feels like (to me at least) that they didn't test them out in terms of difficulty when they changed all the scaling in Shadowkeep. Pure conjecture of course, they probably did test them and they just got the balancing a bit off.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

It feels like (to me at least) that they didn't test them out in terms of difficulty when they changed all the scaling in Shadowkeep. Pure conjecture of course, they probably did test them and they just got the balancing a bit off.

Usually when I thinks things are difficult I get told I'm just rubbish so it's nice to know it's not just me.

Paula has had the key bug but I've definitely got one since the update and my yellow weapon quests are going up, so I've no idea how they managed to bust it.

Do you think they’ll correctly apply the keys the game has eaten? Or expect us to earn them again? I’ve nearly finished my collection of weapons so I’m almost done with the black armoury, I’m not much one for months long grinding exotic quests. 

5 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Totally this. I've tried to do the EDZ forge loads since Shadowkeep launched and just cannot destroy the Walker in the final round. Never had this problem before even with full teams who knew what to do. :(

57 minutes ago, Janski said:

Totally this. I've tried to do the EDZ forge loads since Shadowkeep launched and just cannot destroy the Walker in the final round. Never had this problem before even with full teams who knew what to do. :(

I swear the game goes out of its way to pair you with useless idiots for that Walker boss forge. It's a shitty enough enemy with the weird hitbox after you expose the weak point.

1 hour ago, Janski said:

Yeah this is the first one I've really come up against a wall. The Volundr colossus is hard but doable but the walker gets to like 5% and doesn't shift.

Randy's is brutal in Momentum, it's not a one-tap, but critting for 140 is enough when it fires that fast and has that many bullets in a clip.

I'm at 96% on rapidly defeating opponents including a grenade launcher kill for the Mountaintop, feeling sweaty every time I get heavy :ph34r:

I've failed a few times to the walker in that forge, whatever they've done to it if you don't keep heavy you're screwed.

Edit: that was brutal, a 4 kill streak with Play Of The Game to tip me over the edge:

firefox_m3Sx7nk9Nv.png.83e1a1da3eb044d5108fcb0b7e8547f3.png

I’ve been doing the forge walker boss by taking an energy AR and rocket launcher, and only using my kinetic weapon until the third phase to stock up on ammo. Sniper rifles are also a massive help, or a super that can hit it properly. Otherwise the DPS isn’t high enough to damage it enough before you’re flooded with adds. 

The timers are extremely tight though, through all three phases. On the non EDZ ones the only thing that alleviates that is a sword, which allows you to just bounce about killing blue enemies or bounce about with batteries, all in third person. Even the biggest enemies go down in three or four sword hits, it feels very powerful in the forges.

10 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I got the Gambit pinnacle weapon "Breakneck" the other day! Only took me eleven months :lol: 

Hah! I just got mine too. The last few mutlikillls were a bastard for some unbeknown reason.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone used Leviathan's Breath much? Is it just me, or does the power of it not quite justify the insanely low fire rate? It's like a sniper rifle you can only fire once every three or four seconds. It hits hard, but not *that* hard. You may as well just use DARCI, or something.

53 minutes ago, K said:

Has anyone used Leviathan's Breath much? Is it just me, or does the power of it not quite justify the insanely low fire rate? It's like a sniper rifle you can only fire once every three or four seconds. It hits hard, but not *that* hard. You may as well just use DARCI, or something.

yeah it’s thought to need the catalyst to up fire rate IIRC