rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

I skipped Foresaken and came back for Shadowkeep. I’m finding there’s so many quests that having nothing to do is a long, long way off. 

I do miss the old Raid days on PS4 but don’t see them coming back. I just don’t have time to level properly like I used to.

And I have no idea about consumables and upgrades anymore.

Currently 905 playing a few hours per week. 

I thought the Fated Engram from Xur was supposed to give you an exotic you didn't have? 2 weeks running i've had a duplicate.

There's certainly some guns I don't have and two bits of warlock armour, one of which may be tied to Forsaken which I don't own.

45 minutes ago, Takizawa said:

I thought the Fated Engram from Xur was supposed to give you an exotic you didn't have? 2 weeks running i've had a duplicate.

There's certainly some guns I don't have and two bits of warlock armour, one of which may be tied to Forsaken which I don't own.

Yeah, I have tonnes of guns missing and it's given me duplicates on my warlock who I have everything for. I think its busted so it only doesn't give you an armour piece you don't have.

On 19/10/2019 at 11:58, Qazimod said:

(Also also: do we know if the Haunted Forest will be coming back yet? I really enjoyed that in the past...)

On 19/10/2019 at 12:08, Gorf King said:

Power levels aren't factored into IB matchmaking - it's supposed to be like that. If you're higher power, you'll have an advantage.

Festival of the Lost starts on 29 Oct, but we don't know if it's the haunted forest again or something new.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48357

Yaaaay. (Apologies if this was already posted and I didn't catch it!)

In a universe where darkness appears around every corner and death usually follows, it’s important to gain courage by looking fear in the face. Candy helps, too.

After taking a year off, Eva Levante has returned as the herald of the Festival of the Lost. This holiday is a time for Guardians to don irreverent masks and celebrate the memories of those that are lost.

As a growing threat looms ever-present, return to the Tower, grab some candy, and remind yourself what you’re fighting for.

DARK THE HALLS
With Eva’s return comes a renewed dedication to decorations. Candles, lights, cobwebs, and pumpkins adorn every nook and cranny of the Tower to ensure spirits will be raised.

Speak with Eva to begin your journey and acquire a Masquerader Helmet to participate. Earn Chocolate Strange Coins from bounties and activities to purchase Festival of the Lost mask ornaments for your new helmet. All Destiny 2 players can partake in the festivities, including New Light players who need to be 770 Power to begin.

Back by popular demand, Candy makes its sweet return as a reward to be spent towards Mystery Grab Bags and the Braytech Werewolf Legendary Auto Rifle. After acquiring the fully Masterworked 950 Power weapon, create your own monster with random rolls.

FOREST THROUGH THE TREES
While the festival is underway, Guardians are needed to return once more to the Haunted Forest and defeat the fiends, ghouls, and terrors that lie within. You’ll have 15 minutes to make it as far as you can go, but beware of what awaits you at the end.

TERROR-VERSE
There are more treats to be had in the Eververse if you’d like to further customize your Guardian’s costume. From spooky scary skeleton armor ornaments to Jack-O’-Lantern masks, we’re sure you’ll find something to terrorize your enemies.

To those witches and Warlocks out there who are looking for some good clean fun, your favorite spooky Sparrow has returned.

The Festival of the Lost is a time to honor those who have passed on. Make sure to let your Crucible enemies remember it forever with their own personal tombstone.

Join us in the Tower and beyond and help us celebrate the Festival of the Lost beginning on October 29 and concluding on November 19.

If you’ve still got a sweet tooth for delectable details, head to our official Festival of the Lost Guide.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mafro said:

Heads up, just got One-Eyed Mask from Xur so expect that to be nerfed ASAP :hmm:

You’ll be fine for a while. I’m only missing three exotic armour pieces on my titan, I assume I’ll get it in the third week and it will be nerfed immediately. 

Outside of them not taking barrier and unstoppable mods (which I haven’t got anyway), is there anything stopping me from using guns that are from the older expansions? I got some COO guns that will happily upgrade to 950, and my old masterwork quickfang but I’m not sure if there’s some other disadvantage to them that I’ve missed?

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Outside of them not taking barrier and unstoppable mods (which I haven’t got anyway), is there anything stopping me from using guns that are from the older expansions? I got some COO guns that will happily upgrade to 950, and my old masterwork quickfang but I’m not sure if there’s some other disadvantage to them that I’ve missed?

Old guns also only have one perk and no random rolls, apart from the Raid ones which have 2 perks. 

3 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

TIL that by the time you see this you never want to look at a grenade launcher again

tiger_release_final_20191027_005626.thumb.png.7b95d33117ec2b29350cdbde93724c61.png

...and that's after they made it much quicker to get! :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

TIL that by the time you see this you never want to look at a grenade launcher again

tiger_release_final_20191027_005626.thumb.png.7b95d33117ec2b29350cdbde93724c61.png

I find that with most of the catalyst and pinnacle weapon grinds, with the exception of Breakneck. 

To be fair, at the end of the Wendigo grind I was a crack shot with Fighting Lion.

Guys, I am stuck on a quest on the Moon. Shadowkeep "The Nightmare Cometh" It says defeat the three Nightmare bosses to collect their essences, fear, isolation, pride. At the bottom it says "Dreambane amour pieces created 0/3". The thing is, I have two in my inventory, Dreambane Strides, and Dreambane Cloak. There doesn't appear to be any quests to make anymore armour, just to get weapons, any idea what I am meant to do?

23 minutes ago, Sumire said:

Guys, I am stuck on a quest on the Moon. Shadowkeep "The Nightmare Cometh" It says defeat the three Nightmare bosses to collect their essences, fear, isolation, pride. At the bottom it says "Dreambane amour pieces created 0/3". The thing is, I have two in my inventory, Dreambane Strides, and Dreambane Cloak. There doesn't appear to be any quests to make anymore armour, just to get weapons, any idea what I am meant to do?

There's a red shield icon just to the right of the Anchor of Light I think. I missed it for ages as well. It'll be on there somewhere. If not take a screenie of you moon map and post it up.

5 hours ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

To be fair, at the end of the Wendigo grind I was a crack shot with Fighting Lion.

That's a known bug, the Fighting Lion is labelled as a grenade launcher when it's actually an across-the-fucking-map sniper rifle with big, slow, explodey bullets.

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

Clear the Cleanse essence quests, get them from that weird altar thing near Eris morn

I presume I already did two of them as I have two bits of the Dreambane armour already, and the only other quests from that alter are for weapons.

10 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Just tried to two man the Shattered Throne for the Wish Ender quest and got all the way to Vorgeth and he absolutely spannered us. So annoyed.

you’re in the discord aren’t you? I did exactly the same thing shortly before Shadowkeep and @Scruff joined to one-shot the boss with Nighthawk for me. 

3 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

you’re in the discord aren’t you? I did exactly the same thing shortly before Shadowkeep and @Scruff joined to one-shot the boss with Nighthawk for me. 

No, I should get in there really. For the Discord illiterate how do I do this?

Is there a guide anywhere to how Black Armoury works in Shadowkeep? I’ve only got one forge available but I don’t seem to have the quests guides think I should have to unlock the others, and the one I’ve got first isn’t the one it says I’m supposed to have. 

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

No, I should get in there really. For the Discord illiterate how do I do this?

Isn't discord for the pc folk? 

Do you have the destiny 2 app? You can send messages there to the rest of the clan or use the online thread here. 

I'll be using on of those to try and organise a raid next week if you're interested.

23 hours ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

Just unlocked the pinnacle weapon, Oxygen SR3.  A nice surprise as I wasn’t grinding for it,  it does seem a bit useless though.

I tried to like it, but it always felt like a much naffer Polaris Lance to me, so I just started using that again.