rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

8 hours ago, bcofn said:

I don't get this. I watched the Giant Bomb quick look and part of the quests that send you to talk to people when you get to the tower sends you to the campaign npc. It was there flashing away on the map (even though they ignored it).

Problem is, there's nothing to differentiate that one glowing icon from any of the others that are now completely bombarding new players as soon as they get past the first mission. And just from a logic perspective - why put them behind Amanda Holliday? Why not create a new pillar or something very obvious in the central part of the Tower, like how the missions for the Solstice or other events get distributed, one that signals these are 'memories of prior campaigns' or something. Having to force new players run around the back alleys to find Amanda to pick up a couple of small icons to get to what is essentially *the main game* is just bad design. 

• Empathy 1

Have they got stingier with the amount of bounties you can have at once.  It seems random too, some days it allows me to have 21/22 today it's not letting me have any more than 19.

There's a limit to how many you can have from each source as well I think - even if if it lets you buy them on repeat

Ffs this has its bloody hooks in me again.

couldnt wait to get home and start those new weeklies.

Loving the new armour mod system, my auto rifle builds are starting to get beastly!

• Upvote 1

Before I stopped playing I used to open Destiny 2 up and sigh at all the meaningful ways to progress being stuck behind activities I didn't really enjoy doing, or just can't do on my own / in the time I have (Raids and that), but the season pass and some of the other changes finally made this a game you can stick on for 5 minutes and achieve something in.

I like being able to load up on bounties and jump into a Lost Sector to get them done, getting a meaningful chunk of XP towards more rewards, mod unlocks and bonus power levels every time. Ophidia Spathe's double knives skill and Playing With Fire are my jam for knocking out Melee and Solar bounties in one go:

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure what's going on but I've managed to open the shadowkeep moon missions without buying the game? Just selected moon at random this morning and voila!

Anyone out there got the same?

17 minutes ago, max renn said:

I'm not sure what's going on but I've maaged to open the shadowkeep moon missions without buying the game? Just selected moon at random this morning and voila!

Anyone out there got the same?

Is it just the first mission?

• Upvote 1

Can someone catch me up on something I just read on Era?:

In Forsaken you can actually get a raid chest (free loot) without having to do the raid.

Any more details what needs to be done here?

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

Can someone catch me up on something I just read on Era?:

In Forsaken you can actually get a raid chest (free loot) without having to do the raid.

Any more details what needs to be done here?

You input a 'wish' that skips you ahead and then there's some platforming to do. 

• Upvote 1

Well, thats all the campaign 'Adventures' completed, got my Warlock upto 898 and just played the opening Moon mission they drop at you, so as to tempt you to buy the full expansion pack.

Nope, not for me. It was fun while it lasted and it really is a stunning looking game but I have no desire to put money down for any more as I'd really only keep playing until the single player part was done. Still not interested in the multiplayer side of this game.

Time to move on.

The strikes are effectively single player - 3 player squads on what are essentially massive campaign levels - and are immense fun. Worth trying those out if you haven't already - the strike playlist is in the Vanguard thing at the bottom of the destination select screen.

• Upvote 1

I’m really enjoying Shadowkeep to a point, it’s fun but very shallow for the price - I have to say tho that for me the moon is a huge nostalgia hit but so much better than anything D2 has had before destination wise I still don’t really want to go back to those shite levels ever again :( 

I had defi hit a wall with things to do that were not very grind heavy but a couple of mates said about doing a raid, we ended up doing Last Wish and I’ve never done it before, had a lot of fun and it reminded me how good Destiny can be and how much of that is raiding. I just can’t commit time like I could back in vanilla Destiny - worked out it has been over 2 years since my last raid :o 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I’m really enjoying Shadowkeep to a point, it’s fun but very shallow for the price

Must resist...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

More like Shallowkeep amirite?!?!

Spoiler

I'd neg myself if I could

• Upvote 1

Well, I guess destinylfg.net is still probably the go-to. 

Have you done the NF on Hero this week though? It's a very difficult NF. I think unless you're somewhere near the 950 par, or do that Titan / shotgun / melee cheese all the streamers seem to be doing (admittedly on Master, which looks almost undoable by mortals without it), it's going to be... tough. Not the nightmare that Master looks like, but still. Anyway, there are some people looking for 100k NF runs on destinylfg right now, so that's your best bet.

4 hours ago, Hexx said:

What are good websites to find nightfall or raid groups now?

Not enough chums came back to do them :(

I always just used the LFG thing in the app fro doing the nightfall.

6 hours ago, auntyclimax said:

I’m playing on Xbone. If I play the free version with my same character in Steam, will it mess up progress?

No. It'll probably speed up your progress, thanks to the load times. You'll miss out on the season pass thing (if you bought it on your main cross-save account). The power cap is the same for everyone regardless of paid expansion / F2P players.

1 minute ago, Lyrical Donut said:

No. It'll probably speed up your progress, thanks to the load times. You'll miss out on the season pass thing (if you bought it on your main cross-save account). The power cap is the same for everyone regardless of paid expansion / F2P players.

Playing on a 2018 iMac at 4K has spoiled my progress... 

it’s lovely, and one game of crucible boosted me 15 power.