rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

A bit late to this, but I just played through the Forsaken campaign intro mission, my god that music is phenomenal, much like all the music in this game. I am looking forward to this new moon expansion.

• Upvote 1

No joke, just had to delete stuff from my hard drive to download this.

Will be great to try out the first major thing that's all their own direction though. All those damage increases in PVE should be really fun to try out tomorrow :D

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh. So buying it on my OHs account means I don't get the season pass. Bugger.

You should do, but you'll need to install it manually in the Game Management screen. 

56 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got the annual pass I assume but not the actual season pass that gives you the extra bits when you level them up. I'm pretty sure everything's installed. I'll check again.

Reports of the premium track not unlocking for some people. Bungie has suspended Silver transactions so obviously some buggy weirdness going on.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, pledge said:

On the new Seasons tab you should have a tick showing season pass active.

Yeah I can purchase it but I don't have it.

10 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Reports of the premium track not unlocking for some people. Bungie has suspended Silver transactions so obviously some buggy weirdness going on.

Right o, I'll wait. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Yeah, I've been repeatedly kicked off on the PS4. 

Yeah looked at new director that seemed nice 

Saw new stats and then kicked 

Still this is nice 

Made it in, got to the tower, got kicked to orbit, then disconnected. Since then been looking at a message saying one moment please, as the servers are at capacity and I am in a queue. Been waiting 20 mins so far. Joy.

I must be lucky as I got on at 6pm and being playing fine since then. Occasional contacting server message but nothing more. Managed to complete the strike and some quests I grabbed from the tower before starting the campaign.

2 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

It’s so crap that this kind of launch day shenanigans still happens.

They should have allowed the game to go free to play a week or so earlier to avoid the massive influx of players. Would have alleviated it at least.

Been staring at the One moment please screen for an hour, suddenly it looked like I was in, but oh no it was just updating the message to finally tell me my place in the queue, 15,076.... 

And now been kicked right back to the title screen...

23 minutes ago, tobert said:

Is the first light free version available to download? Or do you just download destiny 2? I can't find anything obvious on the psn store

It's the first result that simply says Destiny, it's about 89GB.

Best expansion since Rise of Iron.

Srsly though, they've just gone free-to-play and have probably underestimated demand/overestimated their ability to deal with it. It was 'fine' not long after launch at 6 and got progressively worse, presumably as more and more people joined the servers. But, you know, most of Destiny going free to play is going to bring a shitload of people in. I think it's probably difficult to overestimate the demand for something like this - I expect there is probably an absolutely insane amount of demand, but then you'd kinda expect that, wouldn't you? It's free Destiny on top of a massive new expansion for existing, paying users, whose number is not small in itself. How you set up to cope with that is another thing entirely, and I'm sure it's not exactly straightforward. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Been staring at the One moment please screen for an hour, suddenly it looked like I was in, but oh no it was just updating the message to finally tell me my place in the queue, 15,076.... 

And now been kicked right back to the title screen...

Do those numbers ever change? Mine permanently says 12212 but I must have joined the queue after you