rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

I currently have everything on PS4. I want to start playing on PC in September. I see the Shadowkeep pack for sale on Steam. It does not include Forsaken.

Do I need to buy Destiny 2 + Forsaken now on Battlenet, and then buy Shadowkeep on Steam? And then transfer all of my licenses across to Steam? I saw someone say that Forsaken will be available on Steam as of September 17 when the contract with Activision expires, but I'd like to know for sure...

Bit about September's new artefacts system from Noseworthy and Smith via Polygon:

Smith suggested that players will slot mods into their new Artifact each season, some of which could seriously impact player powers or abilities. At the end of the season, players will replace their Artifact with something completely new, with new mods and abilities. 

Bungie intends to use Artifacts to test new kinds of abilities each season. Presumably, this allows the studio to experiment with more creative builds for players to test out without creating a problem it needs to fix down the line. Since all seasonal mods expire after three months, the problems of power creep should solve themselves by the end of each season. 

Smith was clear that just because a mod goes away now doesn’t mean it’ll never come back again. If players love a specific new mechanic and want it to return, the studio is open to obliging its audience. But more importantly, the studio remains dedicated to creating new ways for players to customize their Guardians. 

Noseworthy reiterated Smith’s point. “We think of every season having some kind of flavor,” said Noseworthy. He added that the team wants players to push their characters in completely new directions or builds each season.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48006

Solstice of Heroes goes live on 30th July, but the big news is the following:

"We know that while upgrading these sets is a fun experience, it does take a commitment of time and effort. Lest it feel like a bummer earning this set just to have the new armor system make it somewhat obsolete when Shadowkeep releases, we decided, based on player feedback, to make the Solstice of Heroes armor set the first armor 2.0 set you will receive (assuming you earn it, of course). Whatever full Legendary sets you earn now will have their new armor 2.0 versions waiting for you to pick up from the Gunsmith when Shadowkeep releases. You will be able to see only the set for the character you are logged in as; you will have to switch characters to claim other eligible sets."

Alright I'm back at this and...well...baffled!

Started doing all the quests and then into the Menagerie and I don't know if we were all underpowered but it took us 50 mins just to complete the final boss!!

Does seem to be a better game at the moment though.

Menagerie is a good way to level up.  If you’ve a slot with a particularly low light level you can pick that for your reward. Means you can avoid the frustration of, for example, having a chest 10 below everything else and never getting it to drop from powerful rewards. 

What exotics are Hunters and Warlocks currently using for general PVE solo mooching about?  I've been using sun bracers on the lock which seem pretty good.

Not found what I'm using on Hunter yet but my Warlock was Eye Of Another World until I found the Contraverse Hold because charged void grenade recharge on hit is the absolute tits, and the Impact Induction (melee hits recharge grenade) is just the icing on a purple violence cake.

• Upvote 1

The most obvious/ubiquitous PvE exotics for those two classes:

Hunter

Arcstrider - Raiden Flux, because who doesn't want a longer-lasting Arc Staff?

Gunslinger, bottom tree - Celestial Nighthawk, for massive boss damage in Golden Gun

Gunslinger, middle tree - Shards of Galanor if you want your Blade Barrage back quite quickly, Ophidia Spathe if Brawler is on for those double fans of knives (for fans of knives)

Nightstalker, top tree - Orpheus Rig, because who doesn't want more tethers?

Warlock

Stormcaller, middle tree - Geomag Stabilizers, because Chaos Reach is another great single-target super and this makes it last longer

Dawnblade, middle tree - Well of Radiance is probably the best support super in the game, and is also very useful even if you're completely solo (though obviously not as useful as in a group). Take your pick between Phoenix Protocol, which might mean almost endless back-to-back Wells, or Lunfacation Boots, where not having to reload at all in a Well gives an essential single-target DPS boost

Voidwalker, usually top tree - Skull of Dire Ahamkara; although subject to a recent nerf, if you pick your targets you still get a massive boost towards your next super when you unleash a Slowva on a group of enemies

Obviously there are lots of others that can be even more useful in specific situations, but generally speaking it's relatively unusual to find a PvE Hunter/Warlock that isn't kitted out with one of those particular combos.

• Upvote 3

Looking at the later requirements for the solstice armour I'm unlikely to be able to do it, as they all require having a proper fireteam.

Not really a spoiler as they are listed on the collections tab, but just in case

Prestige nightfall with 200k

Shattered throne with 2 people 

Complete strikes with clanmates.

I may be wrong but I think they’re the requirements for Masterworking the armour set?

I think the Majestic set, which looks to be more achievable through normal bounties, is still compatible with Shadowkeep’s armour 2.0.

Yeah it is. Plus there's this:

Solstice Packages award:

Rare and Legendary gear

Enhancement Cores

Materials

Once you’ve earned Legendary Solstice armor, Solstice Packages will reward you with additional armor, so you can hunt for rolls with enhanced perks.

So if you want different perks/stats on the armour, you can still hunt for it in the EAZ from packages.

On 29/07/2019 at 14:31, Nimmel said:

What exotics are Hunters and Warlocks currently using for general PVE solo mooching about?  I've been using sun bracers on the lock which seem pretty good.

If just messing around (I.e. no one on your team is forcing you to go Admin Well) it’s the Chromatic Fire frock. Running around popping elemental firefly explosions is always pure bants. Getaway Artist gloves are also good fun.

• Upvote 1

On 19/07/2019 at 15:18, auntyclimax said:

If they unlock 60fps for the One X in September then I’ll switch platforms. Looking to offload PS stuff now that next gen is so close.

Was there talk of an 60fps patch?

So I bought Forsaken last year and just recently came back and went to do a Foundry only to find that it says I don't have the annual pass.

Did I miss something I thought that Forsaken was a year ago or do I have to buy the pass again or wait for Shadowkeep? I'm fucking confused.

The annual pass was separate to Forsaken, basically access to the following three seasons of content.

Shadowkeep is a full expansion, one no doubt that will also have a season pass for updates past the first three months.

So basically if you want to play the current content beyond the Forsaken campaign and follow on stuff you need to buy the season pass.

Or you could just wait to come back when Shadowkeep drops with hopefully a decent amount of new content (although the free to play edition of D2 won’t include most of the Forsaken or annual pass content).

I’m doing the latter as also going to switch platforms to PC

2 hours ago, Phelan said:

So I bought Forsaken last year and just recently came back and went to do a Foundry only to find that it says I don't have the annual pass.

Did I miss something I thought that Forsaken was a year ago or do I have to buy the pass again or wait for Shadowkeep? I'm fucking confused.

Yeah, Forsaken had its own Annual Pass, which contained Season of the Drifter (Gambit Prime), Season of the Forge (the Foundries), and Season of Opulence (the Menagerie). Shadowkeep will also have its own Annual Pass. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lewismistreated said:

Yeah, Forsaken had its own Annual Pass, which contained Season of the Drifter (Gambit Prime), Season of the Forge (the Foundries), and Season of Opulence (the Menagerie). Shadowkeep will also have its own Annual Pass. 

That's what I thought but I bought the Annual Pass with Foundries and Menagerie so was baffled why I couldn't get access to the foundries when I have access to the Menagerie at the moment?!?

4 hours ago, Phelan said:

That's what I thought but I bought the Annual Pass with Foundries and Menagerie so was baffled why I couldn't get access to the foundries when I have access to the Menagerie at the moment?!?

Very odd! Have you completed the quest steps to unlock the first forge? I can't remember exactly what you have to do. 

4 hours ago, Phelan said:

You can play the Menagerie once without the Annual Pass, have you been able to access it multiple times?

6 hours ago, Phelan said:

So you've not been to see ADA-1? You can't access the Foundries until you get the quest to see her and despite having done this twice in the last 3 months or so I can't remember when it triggers.

On 01/08/2019 at 23:35, Phelan said:

What are you playing on? Sometimes it loses the licenses and you need to download them again.