rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

14 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, that sounds like a really good change. When it says "Unused Eververse items" what does it mean? All the armour/shaders/insert other thing I can't remember here without turning the game on?

Yep, I'm guessing all those armour pieces with 10 value, shaders, sparrows, ships. May be worth keeping hold of certain armours/ghosts depending on perks though.

If you've already unlocked them on your account you'll still be able to buy them for shards and glimmer come September.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, evilashchris said:

Is there any way to just buy Forsaken on Xbox? They seem to not be on the store anymore.

It doesn't look like it. You have to buy the collection which is currently £36 quid :/ Some people are saying the option appears if you have bought Warmind and Osiris.

EDIT: the collection with Warmind, Osiris and Forsaken is £28 on CD Keys but the Xbox store collection has the annual pass in it as well. Fucking hell, they don't make it easy, do they?

Nope! I have warmind and osiris already, so don't fancy paying for them again. I just wanted to get on the story again after the good reaction to the last broadcast, but sheesh! 

The Forsaken complete collection has been reduced in price by 60%, though, to £35.99. So if you want to look at it this way, you're not really paying for everything again - Forsaken itself, plus the annual pass, cost significantly more than that new, and this contains all of that. Well, it contains everything to date, really.

Alternatively, you could just wait until September and buy that bits that you want then. The free 'tasters' from Forsaken onwards that you get in the free-to-play version won't contain much more than the patrol zones, strikes, and crucible/gambit activities. The quests, and raids, and the hidden adventures and stuff from Forsaken onwards will all have to be bought if you want to play them. But obviously we don't know the per-item cost of those things yet.

If anyone's waiting to see what comes in September and is thinking about what bits to buy then, or is even thinking about buying anything right now, I would recommend Forsaken itself - the single best release in D2's life - but also the current third of the Forsaken annual pass, Penumbra (sometimes called Season of Opulence). So far at least, it's easily the best third of the annual pass content from this year, though two of its three major new repayable activities - the raid and the forthcoming heroic version of Menagerie - do require a pre-made fireteam of six. The normal version of Menagerie itself is pretty great though, easily the best matchmade activity they've introduced in Destiny, with a lot of raid-lite mechanics in it. The addition of the Chalice, which lets you refine and target the rewards you get, is pretty much the best mechanism Bungie have come up with for taking away the pain of RNG while still leaving some randomness in there (for good/god rolls) to ensure the whole thing doesn't just feel perfunctory.

It's a shame you can't just buy Forsaken and Penumbra now - the pairing of those two would be my recommendation as the pick of this year's crop. But fuck knows what they'll cost when bought separately after September - or if you will even be able to break off each individual bit of year two content like you will be able to with year three. And by then, of course, we'll also have Shadowkeep, and if everyone's playing that and it's as good as the best stuff this year, it might all add up to a fair bit of money if you've only got the free version as a base.

@moosegrinder - DIM is found at https://destinyitemmanager.com and has been around since March 2015. It was the first third-party item manager to come out for Destiny. It's similar to Ishtar et al but, in my opinion, better. It just does more, and (usually) does it better. YMMV.

• Upvote 1

Agree that this season is a good one. I've never bothered to get to max light as quickly as I did this time.

I don't even want to play another round of Iron Banner. I managed to complete the quest but it became seriously tedious. Thankfully there's a cheese/bug for the final step, which they lazily made just "play more rounds".

I saw the Bad Juju ornament in Eververse and wondered when it was put back in.

I'm enjoying this again, still grinding away at the light level. Enhancement cores are a constant source of fucking irritation. Still, I've finally found a combination of guns that work for Gambit and it's fun when you're not with a bunch of fucking dingleberrys that throw away a lead on the Prime Evil (Primevil?).

The Banshee bounties make Enhancement Cores a lot easier to obtain - 3 per day and 2 weekly ones = 23 per week on top of the 2 per day off Spider if you have the shards. I'm swimming in them. Glimmer has been the main problem for me, but I recently discovered that ghost shells with the Treasure Hunter perk give 25% bonus glimmer to all sources, so its been a godsend the past week or so.

It won't be much of a problem now I'm post 740 but getting there was a chug. I was doing ok for glimmer up until this week, actually and now I'm down to less than 5k after being maxed out for a while. To be honest, remembering what this game was like for being stingy with loot for the longest time I can cope with the glimmer/enhancement core 'restrictions' just because there's much more to do now.

Oooook, I'm trying to get back into Destiny 2. I'm 352 Light but I'm just wandering around!

Do I just do the usual Strikes and Nightfalls and missions to grind up the Light or if there anything new to do these days?

13 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Oooook, I'm trying to get back into Destiny 2. I'm 352 Light but I'm just wandering around!

Do I just do the usual Strikes and Nightfalls and missions to grind up the Light or if there anything new to do these days?

Do you have Forsaken/Annual Pass? 

Pretty sure the power cap if you don't have Forsaken is 400 so you've not got much you can do? 

It's touch and go if buying Forsaken and the Annual Pass is worth it given the next expansion is due in September. 

If you did buy the expansion, once you've beaten the Forsaken campaign and hit level 50, you can buy power 690 blue armour from one of the tower vendors for glimmer which puts you just shy of the 750 power cap and there's so many ways to get power drops you can hit the power cap in 3-4 weeks casually.