rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Can never fail the ménage à six. If you’re terro it just takes longer. If you’re good or have a secret Whisper, then you can rinse through and not have as many rooms to sort out. Think it’s pretty cool so far. Nice and chill. Bet the drama comes from the Heroic version

Only ran through twice and the first time was matchmaking and it was like yeah, we were doing ok, supers everywhere, then the level 740s come along and wiped the floor. You are right though,  that it didn’t feel like a win when we got to the end.

Also was told to go for the cheapest upgrade ASAP as that’ll opens up a lot for you to play with.

5 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Funny if it ends up being Xbox and PC only.

I can't see that happening - the Destiny API already handles multiple accounts quite handily (See Destiny Item Manager and Braytech), making the game call an API account in a way that's format agnostic is just the next step.

It will be interesting to see how they handle multiple accounts held by one person, mind.

Was stuck on trying to figure out what to do to upgrade the chalice.  Turns out it’s the circles at the bottom is the first one you can get quickly.  Also in case you don’t know, cash in any Menagerie triumphs in the book for more mint imperials. I was running bounties for a paltry 150 when those triumphs give out 500 a pop. 

That contains vanilla, Osiris and Warmind, plus the big Forsaken expansion.

What it doesn't contain is the annual pass stuff, so that's the three mini-drops from last Winter on: Black Armoury, Drifter, and the new one, Season of Opulence. There's plenty in the Forsaken collection, and Forsaken itself is great (and the best bit of D2 so far, with the best raid) but it's not everything. You'd need to buy the annual pass on top for that, but maybe just get Forsaken first - it'll last you a long old while if you do everything - and see how you feel after that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Also mentioned no cross save with PS4.

Of course. For fucks sake Sony. I was hoping to be able to move my game over to the PC.

The Curse of Osiris and Warmind are now available to base game players. No need to do anything to get them, the missions are just there to play.

4 hours ago, Flub said:

Of course. For fucks sake Sony. I was hoping to be able to move my game over to the PC.

D8ZDd18XoAcFtQQ.png

So I guess PS4 cross save will happen when Sony decide to stop being dickheads. Who knows when that will be since this won't get anywhere near as much negative press as the Fortnite situation did.

• Upvote 2

Heh. Looks like it's completely absorbed and refined a more customisable Warframey system of mods for armour. Part of their move towards more RPG being injected into the FPS.

Raid's in the Black Garden! Get the fuck in.

Some of this sounds really interesting. Especially the modular start-in-the-end-game way you choose what 'expansions' to buy without having to play the older content or level up (per se) to start them. (LeChuck, you need not do what we're doing now just to make you fit to see your beloved again.) Lots of PvP too, it seems.

• Upvote 1

Paid expansions, probably available on all platforms, so you can just jump between them.

Also in that reveal trailer there was definitely a Fallen Captain there. Have the Fallen teamed up with the Hive now? Or have the worms been put into Fallen as well, hence the "suffering" in the trailer?

Today all current content is going to be $40 (whatever that is in £'s). Includes Forsaken and the current season pass.

Paid expansions will be the way forward, and seasons will be paid? Wut? Thats what he just said, kinda. Hmmmm.

Haha buy S8 (shadowkeep) wink wink for pvp.

@Andy_Why, if you hadn't already realised it, today's probably not the best time to get that Forsaken deal. They've just announced that all of that plus the current annual pass is going to be sold (as of today?) to $40. The new stuff in Sept will be $35, and I guess at that point all the stuff leading up to it will go free*. Then there'll be all the optional bits to add on through the year, and I expect at some point that'll all go free too, when there's enough time passed.

Edit: *This turns out not to be the case. See post on next page for correction.